The Fake

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
If Lee doesn’t sell the kick for a split second #22 doesn’t bite. Just perfect execution by the players and great timing by Kliff. Also what a game by Zeke Turner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Imagine the reaction of this board had it failed? Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Lee doesn’t sell the kick for a split second #22 doesn’t bite. Just perfect execution by the players and great timing by Kliff. Also what a game by Zeke Turner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It's funny. My GF was watching it at home on my Sunday Ticket. I was at work watching it on my phone/Sunday Ticket app. Kyler had just overthrown the pass on 4th down to KJ & I get a text from her saying "nice pass" I thought she was being sarcastic? Next play was the pass from Lee on the fake, then it dawned on me. She's ahead of me watching it on tv lol.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Andy Lee had an amazing pass last year vs. the Bucs too. He's really cool in high pressure situations.

Too bad we didn't score that drive but it helped field position/gave the defense a rest.
I think Sherfield or Byrde caught that pass against the Bucs last year? That was a much tougher throw than today.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Andy Lee had an amazing pass last year vs. the Bucs too. He's really cool in high pressure situations.

Too bad we didn't score that drive but it helped field position/gave the defense a rest.

It would have been so easy to choke that one on the pressure situation and sail it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll give you props Brit. When you pick a hill to die on you defend it like a madman. LOL

Not a criticism, just funnin' you a bit.

Come on man. It was clearly desperation.

You don't fake punt on your own 30 because you aren't playing like crap and everything is fine.

The play itself was great. Props to Lee and Turner.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Too bad KK is soooo passive when it comes to playcalling...
I don’t think I’ve called him primarily passive, but he’s erratic; oscillating between overly aggressive vs. conservative. BTW Russ Smith’s post got it right. The line tipped the play but Philly was too incompetent to see it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on man. It was clearly desperation.

You don't fake punt on your own 30 because you aren't playing like crap and everything is fine.

The play itself was great. Props to Lee and Turner.

Come on man. Why can't you just admit when he actually does something good? It isn't that hard and it won't change your opinion of him anyway.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of #22 for the Eagles. Although he was sold by the fake punt, his recovery time was incredible as he made the tackle.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the game was tied at that point, with nearly the entire 4th quarter to play: thats not desperate

down two scores at that point would have been desperate

It was 26-26. It had been 14-26.

Our first 2 drives of the the 2nd half finished in a punt and an INT. Eagles just got all square and had ALL the momentum. We are just about to go 3 and out to make it worse with our offense playing poorly.

It reeked of desperation.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was 26-26. It had been 14-26.

Our first 2 drives of the the 2nd half finished in a punt and an INT. Eagles just got all square and had ALL the momentum. We are just about to go 3 and out to make it worse with our offense playing poorly.

It reeked of desperation.

OK :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our offense was in a funk and that was a great call in the situation.

Not something the eagles were expecting there.

Good on Kliff for exercising some game theory in that moment.

It was a good call, I'm not denying that. But it wasn't made because he's brave, or because he's an offensive genius or any kind of other positive trait.

It was made because the Eagles came back from 12 points behind to tie up and we were about to go 3 and out and give them the ball back.

No coach calls fake punt on their own 3 if they aren't desperate.