Since we won some whining and other comments

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the PI calls were a bit tricky tack, especially the one that Jeffery almost caught.

When a receiver breaks free and the ball hits the receiver in the hands but he can't hang on, it wasn't PI.

Murray had easily one of his best games as a Cardinal.

This team could be so good. It's maddening. You see the beginnings of a completely dominate team but they never put it together.

The naysayers are missing the forrest for the trees though. Murray has accounted for 37 TDs!!! He is having one of the best QB seasons in franchise history.

he also showed great ability to bounce back after a really shaky second half to lead the big TD drive to take the lead in the fourth.

but he does have a lot of work to do to become of the greats. I hope Kliff is that guy to push him there.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What irked me was three times Philly jumped offside and the refs stopped the play rather than give the Cards a "free play". It wasn't like the defense was in the backfield or anything. WTF? Annoying.

Yep same complaint and the coaches and Kyler were hot about it too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
he also showed great ability to bounce back after a really shaky second half to lead the big TD drive to take the lead in the fourth.

but he does have a lot of work to do to become of the greats. I hope Kliff is that guy to push him there.

Murray is such a frustrating player. You just see how great he can be, and then he has plays like that real dumb fumble.

What I'm happy about is that he does give me hope that the Cardinals can come back from any deficit.

Hopkins has been BETTER than I thought he was going to be.

I have my issues with Kliffs playcalls at times, but I believe in results and despite what any naysayer has to say, this team is so much better than they were on week one of 2019.

My biggest gripe is with the interior OL. Holy crap they sucked today. And Kelvin Beachum got beat like a drum quite a few times too. Humphries is the only good player on the line.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray is such a frustrating player. You just see how great he can be, and then he has plays like that real dumb fumble.

What I'm happy about is that he does give me hope that the Cardinals can come back from any deficit.

I have my issues with Kliffs playcalls at times, but I believe in results and despite what any naysayer has to say, this team is so much better than they were on week one of 2019.

My biggest gripe is with the interior OL. Holy crap they sucked today. And Kelvin Beachum got beat like a drum quite a few times too. Humphries is the only good player on the line.

Hopkins is better than I ever realized and even with that said, I still thought he was great.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I see one more play where the play clock clearly expires before the snap, and the refs not catching it and flagging it, I may puke. The final play of the game was yet another one of these. If the Iggles had scored on that play, you'd be hearing a big stink about it. Fortunately it didn't matter. This happens ALL the time in NFL games - why can the league not fix this? They need an NBA-style light on the goalposts or something similar. And such a play should absolutely be challengeable when they miss one and it costs the defense a gain or a score or whatever. How many shots in the NBA count if they're launched after the shot clock expires? ZERO. Never happens. Should be the same way in the NFL.

I've heard it explained that the time we see on the scoreboard isn't actually the time held officially by the refs. So it may not be the mistake you state but it is still an issue since they can't seem to get them synched up.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yeah Cole had a lackluster day with some penalties.

Deandre Hopkins is just sick! I knew he was very good & watched him numerous times, but he made 2 sick sick catches today!!! I guess I never realized how beastly he is. Wow

I think Beachum has played very well for the Cards all season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah Cole had a lackluster day with some penalties.

Deandre Hopkins is just sick! I knew he was very good & watched him numerous times, but he made 2 sick sick catches today!!! I guess I never realized how beastly he is. Wow

I think Beachum has played very well for the Cards all season.

Not today. Beachum gave up quite a few pressures today.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For the record... faceguarding is not illegal in the NFL.

...dave
Yes sir, you are correct. I wish college used the NFL rule. These kids wanna play in the NFL so use the NFL rules in college. The DB's are already at such a disadvantage not making body contact as it is. Let them have something like face guarding & watching the eyes of the WR's.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

We need better Guards for sure. Murray does good in there, better than Sweezy & Pugh imo. Cole sucked today & Gaillard needs to be the starter.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You realize 0 on the clock isn’t delay of game right? Imagine a clock rolling down with tenths. When it hits zero it’s really 0.9, so there’s another near second left before the whistle should blow for DoG.
I believe the clock shows one through 0.1 then flips to zero. That’s how it works in other sports using a countdown clock.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I've heard it explained that the time we see on the scoreboard isn't actually the time held officially by the refs. So it may not be the mistake you state but it is still an issue since they can't seem to get them synched up.
This changed years ago due to TV insistence. From The History of the NFL, “Today, there are clocks all over our TV screens on Sunday. The TV graphics are hard wired into the stadium clock. The stadium clock is the official time. The side judge times the game on a watch, but that time on the watch only serves as a backup in case of a stadium clock malfunction or if the timekeeper makes an error; then the side judge can correct the scoreboard clock.“

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I have heard this many times as well. The back judge keeps the official time for the play clock. Not sure in the NFL but in college the back judge will raise his hand when there is 5 seconds left.

The excuse I've often heard is the back judge waits until the clock strikes zero then has to look up to see if the ball has been snapped. Hence the delay of a second or so