Since we won some whining and other comments

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler tuck the damn ball away you actually fumbled 3 times today got lucky they didn't have a chance to replay the first one. No idea on the INT I am not sure what he didn't see there he through it right to Epps he clearly saw something different.

All the PI's on PP I guess I can't really complain about the obvious no call OPI on Jeffrey since they didn't call it on D Hop on our drive either but still the defenders get PI for any contact at all.

On the 4th and 6 run for the first down Golden was BLATANTLY held, hell the guy was up around neck and head it's comical it's right where Hurts is how can you be watching the guy with the ball and NOT see that?

At least 3 times today the Eagles were offsides or in the neutral zone and they blew the play dead instead of giving us a free play. On the 3rd one you could hear our bench screaming at the ref for stopping the play and Kyler was furious. on that play Talib(who I really liked) was pointing out it was man to man and chance for a big play for us too.

Twice in the 4th quarter they run a play where the TE is lined up to the right and goes in motion left to throw a block, and twice he moved early, I mean blatantly early, and they didn't call either one. One of them I think we got a loss on the play anyways but come on.

That guy Epps twice made great plays on throws to Arnold that were a hair late but still right in the hands but he knocked the ball out. Both of those were huge plays, especially if you have Arnold in your fantasy team.

I can't believe the fake punt worked that well I was calling fake as soon as we lined up because 2 of our guys on the left side were pointing at each other about where to line up which only made sense to me if it was a fake. Absolutely great call and what a throw.

Kyler was really good in the first half save the fumbles, at one point he had only 2 bad throws one was tipped and one was low to Kirk on a swing pass. But 2nd half he really struggled throwing the ball although again those 2 plays to Arnold were SO close.

Hicks cover the damn TE!

Stop flopping Dre you are not Harden!

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Russ I agree with the calls being suspect. I can only imagine how upset PP21 will be. The neutral zone infraction call is really just "offsides" with a referee stopage. The arbitrary stoppages are BS - I can hardly see the league letting it happen for Aaron Rodgers.

I also like Aqib Talib in the booth. I felt he added great analysis, energy and was a pretty neutral third party. He really gained my respect throughout the game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I thought the PI calls were a bit tricky tack, especially the one that Jeffery almost caught.

When a receiver breaks free and the ball hits the receiver in the hands but he can't hang on, it wasn't PI.

Murray had easily one of his best games as a Cardinal.

This team could be so good. It's maddening. You see the beginnings of a completely dominate team but they never put it together.

The naysayers are missing the forrest for the trees though. Murray has accounted for 37 TDs!!! He is having one of the best QB seasons in franchise history.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the PI calls were a bit tricky tack, especially the one that Jeffery almost caught.

When a receiver breaks free and the ball hits the receiver in the hands but he can't hang on, it wasn't PI.

This team could be so good. It's maddening. You see the beginnings of a completely dominate team but they never put it together.

The naysayers are missing the forrest for the trees though. Murray has accounted for 37 TDs!!! He is having one of the best QB seasons in franchise history.

I'm ok with 3 of the PI's but call it both ways both D Hop and Alshon had blatant PI's that weren't called. And that "legal pick play" I don't know the exact rule but I know it's not 1 to 2 yards within the line of scrimmage that to me started about 2 yards downfield and continued longer but again I don't know the exact rule.

Reagor is going to be really good you can see the combination of explosiveness and strength, he nearly popped a screen on 3rd and 29 got 23 and was oh so close to breaking that, we really suck at defending screens.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'm ok with 3 of the PI's but call it both ways both D Hop and Alshon had blatant PI's that weren't called.

thats my pov

i thought the Jeffrey push off on Dre was the worst miss -- extension of the arm at the top of the route to spring him wiiiiiiiiide open

you see that called all the time

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats my pov

i thought the Jeffrey push off on Dre was the worst miss -- extension of the arm at the top of the route to spring him wiiiiiiiiide open

you see that called all the time

I suspect if Dre didn't go down like James Harden he might get the call. He was pushed but he flopped too IMO

Also, IMO they didn't call PI on the throw to Edmonds on 3rd down that seemed pretty blatant in the 1st quarter, and on the Fitz TD that looked like faceguarding, by the time the DB turned Fitz had the ball. It wouldn't have mattered but IMO it was PI.

But the call that really got me mad was the hold on 4th and 6 seemed so obvious right up high like that you could see Golden get turned by it too.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
PP got away with a hold on Reagor but the PI on Jeffrey was good defebse I thought. He’s been really grabby lately because he’s lost a step.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If I see one more play where the play clock clearly expires before the snap, and the refs not catching it and flagging it, I may puke. The final play of the game was yet another one of these. If the Iggles had scored on that play, you'd be hearing a big stink about it. Fortunately it didn't matter. This happens ALL the time in NFL games - why can the league not fix this? They need an NBA-style light on the goalposts or something similar. And such a play should absolutely be challengeable when they miss one and it costs the defense a gain or a score or whatever. How many shots in the NBA count if they're launched after the shot clock expires? ZERO. Never happens. Should be the same way in the NFL.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler tuck the damn ball away you actually fumbled 3 times today got lucky they didn't have a chance to replay the first one. No idea on the INT I am not sure what he didn't see there he through it right to Epps he clearly saw something different.

All the PI's on PP I guess I can't really complain about the obvious no call OPI on Jeffrey since they didn't call it on D Hop on our drive either but still the defenders get PI for any contact at all.

On the 4th and 6 run for the first down Golden was BLATANTLY held, hell the guy was up around neck and head it's comical it's right where Hurts is how can you be watching the guy with the ball and NOT see that?

At least 3 times today the Eagles were offsides or in the neutral zone and they blew the play dead instead of giving us a free play. On the 3rd one you could hear our bench screaming at the ref for stopping the play and Kyler was furious. on that play Talib(who I really liked) was pointing out it was man to man and chance for a big play for us too.

Twice in the 4th quarter they run a play where the TE is lined up to the right and goes in motion left to throw a block, and twice he moved early, I mean blatantly early, and they didn't call either one. One of them I think we got a loss on the play anyways but come on.

That guy Epps twice made great plays on throws to Arnold that were a hair late but still right in the hands but he knocked the ball out. Both of those were huge plays, especially if you have Arnold in your fantasy team.

I can't believe the fake punt worked that well I was calling fake as soon as we lined up because 2 of our guys on the left side were pointing at each other about where to line up which only made sense to me if it was a fake. Absolutely great call and what a throw.

Kyler was really good in the first half save the fumbles, at one point he had only 2 bad throws one was tipped and one was low to Kirk on a swing pass. But 2nd half he really struggled throwing the ball although again those 2 plays to Arnold were SO close.

Hicks cover the damn TE!

First fumble looked like a great play by the Eagles. He tried to tuck it away but good punch out.

Second fumble was just careless.

Third fumble look like a mixup between him and Drake on the meshpoint. Got lucky there.

That int sent him into a tailspin. He was throwing well before that play and took forever to get going after that.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Hicks cover the damn TE!

I was screaming at my phone on that 4th & 6 asking the ref to throw the flag. They must not have heard me lol?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If I see one more play where the play clock clearly expires before the snap, and the refs not catching it and flagging it, I may puke. The final play of the game was yet another one of these. If the Iggles had scored on that play, you'd be hearing a big stink about it. Fortunately it didn't matter. This happens ALL the time in NFL games - why can the league not fix this? They need an NBA-style light on the goalposts or something similar. And such a play should absolutely be challengeable when they miss one and it costs the defense a gain or a score or whatever. How many shots in the NBA count if they're launched after the shot clock expires? ZERO. Never happens. Should be the same way in the NFL.

You realize 0 on the clock isn’t delay of game right? Imagine a clock rolling down with tenths. When it hits zero it’s really 0.9, so there’s another near second left before the whistle should blow for DoG.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Russ I agree with the calls being suspect. I can only imagine how upset PP21 will be. The neutral zone infraction call is really just "offsides" with a referee stopage. The arbitrary stoppages are BS - I can hardly see the league letting it happen for Aaron Rodgers.

I also like Aqib Talib in the booth. I felt he added great analysis, energy and was a pretty neutral third party. He really gained my respect throughout the game.

Some people were really dumping on him, a lot of being probably due to his grammar etc, but this is a football game and he gave it some character as well as being spot on for a majority of the game on his opinions... yeah, I liked him too :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Some people were really dumping on him, a lot of being probably due to his grammar etc, but this is a football game and he gave it some character as well as being spot on for a majority of the game on his opinions... yeah, I liked him too :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The inconsistency (seemingly everywhere) is just maddening.

football karma

Reaction score
in the odds and ends:

lose the turnover battle 0-3 and still win -- although that blocked punt kinda acted like a turnover.

still -- the killer is all three of the Card turnovers were gifts -- just the result of being careless with the football

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Usually I just dismiss it bc we always hear the clock we see on tv isn’t synced with the actual play clock. But it’s usually only a beat off, that last play seemed to really lag the clock we saw. It had to be delay.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Usually I just dismiss it bc we always hear the clock we see on tv isn’t synced with the actual play clock. But it’s usually only a beat off, that last play seemed to really lag the clock we saw. It had to be delay.

There's no delay. The game clock and the play clock as displayed on TV are the actual clocks used for the game.

And zero means zero. Whoever lobbed that nonsense about tenths of a second is WRONG.

FIX IT, Goodell!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Murray INT he thought he had Kirk coming open in the back of the end zone. Just didn't see the defender until too late and tried to pull the string, but way too late that is why the throw looked so piss poor. I thought he had room to run.

football karma

Reaction score
on the play clock: usually if the ball is snapped it as it ticks :00 they dont call it

but twice it hit :00, pause and then the snap

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
The Murray INT he thought he had Kirk coming open in the back of the end zone. Just didn't see the defender until too late and tried to pull the string, but way too late that is why the throw looked so piss poor. I thought he had room to run.
You could hear him swear right after he threw it. He knew it was about to be picked. He has an issue identifying the robber it'sl happened all too often. Hopefully he'll learn, but those are costly in the red zone learn to read a defense and those will be cut way down

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, IMO they didn't call PI on the throw to Edmonds on 3rd down that seemed pretty blatant in the 1st quarter, and on the Fitz TD that looked like faceguarding, by the time the DB turned Fitz had the ball. It wouldn't have mattered but IMO it was PI.
For the record... faceguarding is not illegal in the NFL.

...dave

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson