The Arizona 49er's

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
El Paso. I spent a week there one night.

El Paso is the worst city I have been to in America. I wouldn't wish anyone but maybe Cowboy fans to live there.

OP
OP
GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the 49ers pass us and sneak into the playoffs we don’t belong there anyway. Maybe we should think about the Rams and not the 49ers who like it or not are going to play in Phoenix.

I agree with your point about the Whiners getting past us and into the playoffs---that does mean we don't belong there.

That is not going to make my bottom burn less if they do it in our house and leave us empty-handed for the playoffs.

Do you really want to see the Whiners clinch a playoff spot in our stadium? Week 17 Whiners are hometeam (here) vs the SeaTurkeys. Good chance that the SeaTurkeys will have clinched their playoff spot. We are the 'away' team vs the Rams. They may have also clinched a playoff spot. Do you want to see the Whiners clinch here and we go down to the Rams as an away game?

Will the Whiners be celebrating in our stadium while dancing on their logo on the 50-yard line. It might be the right decision for the league, the neighborly thing to do . . . but it will still burn my buns. Imagine the trash talk from the Whiners vs. our team should that happen.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
El Paso is the worst city I have been to in America. I wouldn't wish anyone but maybe Cowboy fans to live there.

I have only driven through there, but I have referred to that place as the 9th Circle of Hell every time I have had to drive through after my first experience.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the Rams are going to sweep us, so we have to worry about the other teams as well at this point.

I don't think it is a given that the Rams sweep. A lot of people thought we would get swept by Seattle too and that didn't happen.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it is a given that the Rams sweep. A lot of people thought we would get swept by Seattle too and that didn't happen.

Their loss to the 49ers makes me think the same, but before that I didn't think there was chance of stopping the with the D line being so depleted.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no. most of us know we play the Seahawks tough, especially in their house and have at least some confidence playing them for years. we have gotten curb stomped by the Rams for three years in a row. there's a difference in how we play both of those teams. if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no. most of us know we play the Seahawks tough, especially in their house and have at least some confidence playing them for years. we have gotten curb stomped by the Rams for three years in a row. there's a difference in how we play both of those teams. if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

I have seen it and spent my hard earned money to fly into London and watched them get stomped 33-0.

I just think that this team is consistently inconsistent, but play well enough to win or be in all but one game this season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen it and spent my hard earned money to fly into London and watched them get stomped 33-0.

I just think that this team is consistently inconsistent, but play well enough to win or be in all but one game this season.

look... I hope you're right. to be honest, one W against the Rams on Sunday and I would be happy as a pig in slop about the entire season. I just think we are skidding right now heading into our worst matchup and I don't know if we have the maturity or talent to not fall into a 3 game tailspin with a blowout to punctuate it.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
With the way the Seahawks pick up injuries in that box I can't say I'm thrilled at the prospect

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We all know the the Niners are going to beat us by 1,or a last minute FG right?

So we can all say we would have won if they weren't so comfortable playing at State Farm.

Then we miss the playoffs too because of the defeat.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
We all know the the Niners are going to beat us by 1,or a last minute FG right?

So we can all say we would have won if they weren't so comfortable playing at State Farm.

Then we miss the playoffs too because of the defeat.
You must be fun at parties...:gun:

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave