Preseason: Lakers @ Suns Friday game thread 12-18-20

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, but the surgeries, which happened right after he signed his big contract with us, were kept secret for months, and the club kept falsely reporting his condition.

Not at the same level, to be sure, but I sense we are not getting the whole truth about Saric. I just hope it doesn't end up being as serious as Penny's undisclosed condition was.

You did same garbage routine every time someone missed a few games last year. It might be your lamest shtick.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah, but the surgeries, which happened right after he signed his big contract with us, were kept secret for months, and the club kept falsely reporting his condition.

Not at the same level, to be sure, but I sense we are not getting the whole truth about Saric. I just hope it doesn't end up being as serious as Penny's undisclosed condition.

There were surgeries before Phoenix. He partially tore his ACL in 97’ with Orlando and they either didn’t have the technology yet to identify it or misdiagnosed it. He played thru it and never recovered.

And then, in 1997, it all came crashing down. Hardaway’s first knee setback was an ACL injury that, according to Dr. James Andrews — the knee surgery deity of professional sports — wasn’t diagnosable at the time owing to technological limitations in medical imaging.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportscasting.com/nbas-6-most-infamous-knee-injuries/?amp

———

SLAM: And then the injuries started, right?

PH: First off, to this day, I don’t think people know how many I had altogether. I had six knee surgeries, two in Orlando and four in Phoenix. Two got done at the same time. I was one of the first guys to get microfracture surgery. And I didn’t handle the recovery well. It wasn’t even heard of in the NBA yet. It took away my legs, my athleticism. They were left knee injuries, and it would be like, OK, I’d have the surgery and wait like five or six weeks and come back and then a week or two later, it wouldn’t feel right. I tried to just force it. We’d go back in to get a MRI and it was torn again, and I was like, C’mon man, this isn’t right. It was crazy.

SLAM: Did you feel you were misdiagnosed? How did the Magic respond?

PH: To me, there was a lot of confusion. Back then you played hurt, so they were like, “Oh, it’s just in your mind.” It was hard to believe. They kept asking me, “Did you hear anything? Did you hear your knee pop?” I would tell them, No, but it really does hurt. All of a sudden there was pain and I was very frustrated. I went from being very athletic, one of the best guards in the NBA, to barely making it. No speed, no agility. I had to change how I played because I couldn’t exercise or train because my knee constantly hurt.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/memphis-pro-anfernee-penny-hardaway/

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol... Good lord. I’m really tempted to call you Dark Helmet from herein because your runaway fatalism has officially whizzed past ludicrous speed and gone to plaid at this point.

so classic

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
LOL... anyone want to take a shot at this Saturday Night Live trivia question:

Q: What do you get when you cross Doug and Wendy Whiner with Debbie Downer?

A: ?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson will be back and says he feels great.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah right. I’ll believe he’s the next Penny Hardaway until I see him on the court!

Yeah, that comparison to the Hardaway injury was really a reach whether it was to Dario Saric or Cam Johnson.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I thought he was comparing Paul to Penny and of course that would also be ridiculous.

No. I was comparing the lack of disclosure regarding Saric's injury to that regarding Penny.

I also compared the acquisition of Paul to the acquisition of Shaq (O'Neal, not Harrison).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope you're right. I really don't want to see a repeat of the Penny Hardaway signing...

Cmon man. Enough with the doomsday crap. It's really really getting old. At least complain about something that has happened not something you are worried might happen in the future.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the Suns starting lineup. Dario Saric and Abdel Nader remain out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dennis Schroder will be out tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario Saric is out but practicing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario Saric is out but practicing.

i swear they cut out of the video right before it looks like his leg was about to fall off!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i swear they cut out of the video right before it looks like his leg was about to fall off!

Dario's shot is looking good.

Looking at preseason scores it's going to take awhile before most teams figure it out in the regular season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul out tonight? Laker broadcast just said an ankle.

Just saw it posted. Hopefully it's precautionary. Maybe the Suns want to give other players a better look.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker opens Suns scoring with a 3-point shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton looking aggressive early getting the ball and driving the lane for a layup.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns out to 14-3 lead playing aggressive and taking advantage of Lakers turnovers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges is down after driving layup. He is up but moving carefully.

He was playing so well too already with 5 points.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson