My two cents

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
on rewatching Sunday game I’d like to mention two observations! We have an honest to god tight in and a real kicker!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I was so busy being a wiseass that I didn't agree with this great point.

Dare I say we have two good Tight ends. Maxx Williams is a heck of a player, and allows for a lot of flexibility with play calling.

But, the point with Dan Arnold cannot be disregarded, could a claim be made he is the best pass catching Tight End the ARIZONA Cardinals have had ? (We know the St.Louis Cardinals had Jackie Smith, so that is why I noted AZ)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
on rewatching Sunday game I’d like to mention two observations! We have an honest to god tight in and a real kicker!
Agree on the tight end. Sure Nugent was 4 for 4 with the longest kick being 37 yards. Zane was 6 for 6 under 40 yards and 2 for 3 over 50 yards. Those 40-49 yarders (8 for 13) and missing late important kicks did him in. You just can't miss the kicks he did. I am wanting Nugent to make every kick but he still has to prove himself. I'm not crowning him a real kicker until he proves it.

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Love the two TEs we have need a #2 WR maybe a RB

rest of focus to the D

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Dare I say we have two good Tight ends. Maxx Williams is a heck of a player, and allows for a lot of flexibility with play calling.

But, the point with Dan Arnold cannot be disregarded, could a claim be made he is the best pass catching Tight End the ARIZONA Cardinals have had ? (We know the St.Louis Cardinals had Jackie Smith, so that is why I noted AZ)
Jay Novachek (sp) was pretty damn good but maybe you wanna call our team during his time the Phoenix Cardinals lol? Made me sick to see him wear that ugly Star on his helmet. Dan Arnold is really good & can really high point the ball. Maxx Williams can also catch & is an amazing blocker. You're right, we have 2 good TE's in both of them. I loved the 12 personnel sets we ran with them against the Giants. One play in particular out of 12 personnel. Both TE's on the LOS, I think Kirk went in motion & KM hit Hopkins on about a 15 yard crossing pattern. So many more plays KK can call out of 12 personnel & 21 with KM under Center. We didn't score 30 on Sunday but we did show there's more to this offense than 10 personnel. More for defenses to think about.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You would think with Arnold, Dhop, and K. Johnson, (Butler if he would made the roster) should be a redzone nightmare for 50-50 balls. Can't double team all 3 of them

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We still don't use Arnold anywhere near enough. In fact we don't use anyone not called Hopkins or Edmonds anywhere near enough.
Thank Larry for this. Larry and Dan share a very similar role though Dan has more zip downfield I think. If Kirk was able to be a more vertical threat, I believe you would see way more 12 personnel.

So, how much are you guys paying Dan this offseason?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I also agree. I think you can get by with Maxx and Dan as your TEs. If we re-sign Dan, TE drops further as a priority.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Id wait before I pass a verdict on Arnold, remember the Saints let him go for a reason

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't use Hop enough in the end zone. I can only remember 1 fade route to Hop all season???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave