ASU @ Oregon State

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least we get to see the Saturday game on ESPN.

What is strange, this will be the fifth home game for Oregon State who is 2-4. The Sun Devils have only had one home game.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least we get to see the Saturday game on ESPN.

What is strange, this will be the fifth home game for Oregon State who is 2-4. The Sun Devils have only had one home game.

Ya, what is the explanation on that?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, what is the explanation on that?

No explanation.

Just checked the weather for Corvallis on Saturday. Rain is likely and a high of only 54 degrees. Of course since it's a night game it will be chilly.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No explanation.

Just checked the weather for Corvallis on Saturday. Rain is likely and a high of only 54 degrees. Of course since it's a night game it will be chilly.

I found this posted by another fan on another message board, blatant plagerization on my part:

It is based upon standings

#4 pac12 south finisher Utah already played osu.

So ASU is playing them. #4 south utah is playing #5 north wazzu.

And osu (#4 north)finished higher than ASU did (#5 south). Thats why the game is at osu.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weather and location shouldn't matter. ASU is a better team that OSU and should really beat them in any location most of the time.

This isn't to say OSU is some patsy but I truly believe Devils should win this one

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weather and location shouldn't matter. ASU is a better team that OSU and should really beat them in any location most of the time.

This isn't to say OSU is some patsy but I truly believe Devils should win this one

Oregon State looked pretty tough in easily beating the Oregon Ducks this year. They were clearly the better team in that one. So we will have our hands full.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oregon State looked pretty tough in easily beating the Oregon Ducks this year. They were clearly the better team in that one. So we will have our hands full.

They are not to be taken lightly although I think Oregon was overrated this year as well. 2020 or not, Devils better come to play.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is another twist to Arizona State playing at Oregon State.

By Michelle Gardner Arizona Republic:

The original plan for the final week was to have crossover games with teams from the South playing against those in the North, with each facing the team that finished in the same place, first vs. first, second vs. second, and so on.

Technically ASU ended up fifth with three games wiped from the schedule due to virus outbreak. That should have put ASU in a game against Washington State (1-2) with Oregon State playing Utah (2-2) as the fourth-pace finishers in the respective decisions. But Utah and Oregon State already played on Dec 5.

That made that switch understandable although sending ASU on the road still didn't make sense, not just because Oregon State has already had four home games but because ASU just played in Corvallis last season, losing 35-34.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ng-another-road-game-oregon-state/6544617002/

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah, it seemed to me like we end up playing away vs OSU an awful lot for whatever reason... and having an awfully tough time up there.

So did some research, and sure enough, 11 of the last 17 times we played them, it was in Corvallis (including this year). And a 3-7 record in the last 10 games there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late night games on ESPN are going to wear me out. The Suns played at 8:30 p.m. last night and now the Sun Devils will play at the same time slot again tonight.

It must take me a couple of hours for me to unwind after a game.

They better come to play.

Go Sun Devils!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like no HD for the Arizona State vs Oregon State game on ESPN.

Also UCLA and Stanford are going into overtime. Probably get the game in progress.

:computer:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ASU throws three passes to open the game and end up punting to OSU.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beavers running right through Arizona State line.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
White takes it down inside the 5 yard line.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson