Haason Reddick.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haason Redick on five-sack game: “It doesn’t feel real”

Before Sunday, Cardinals linebacker Haason Reddick never had more than two sacks in any football game at any level. On Sunday, Reddick had five.

“It doesn’t feel real,” Reddick told PFT by phone after Sunday’s victory over the Giants. “I still can’t believe it. But it happened and I’m happy, man. I’m full of joy. I feel blessed. It’s one of those things you can’t believe even though it happened.”

Reddick explained that he didn’t realize he had five sacks until the victory had been secured.

“After the game was finally over and I was on the field and everything was happening,” Reddick said. “I just kept going. Just kept playing. Once it was over and I’m looking at my teammates and my coaches and everybody’s cheering me on. I tried to process it but I really still couldn’t. I took a moment to myself. I cried. I was so happy I cried. I can’t lie to you, I was so happy that I cried.”

Reddick also explained that the foundation for snapping a three-game losing streak was put in place during the week.

“We knew that we needed this game,” Reddick said, “especially to start a spark there to push us back into the playoff run. The energy was crazy at practice all week. The intensity was there. We were hitting on all cylinders in practice.”

They were hitting on all cylinders against the Giants, and the Cardinals have thrust themselves back into the playoff mix.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm probably wrong on this but the comparison of Tully banta Cain comes to my mind. TBC had a breakout year in his last year at NE (10 sacks), he gets payed by the 49ers, never lives up to the contract.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Certainly hope we can keep him but someone will make a crazy offer. Great game yesterday.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am super happy Reddick is making re-signing him an actual debate. I agree with those who say he was miscast for years. Playing as an off-ball LB is unique and tough to adjust to if you are not used to having to move backwards. The spatial awareness required is an acquired skill that some never develop.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am super happy Reddick is making re-signing him an actual debate. I agree with those who say he was miscast for years. Playing as an off-ball LB is unique and tough to adjust to if you are not used to having to move backwards. The spatial awareness required is an acquired skill that some never develop.

The biggest mistake with Reddick was insisting for 3 years that he be a pass coverage LB on TEs and RBs. Joseph finally got it right by taking him out of that role and just letting him be a DE.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest mistake with Reddick was insisting for 3 years that he be a pass coverage LB on TEs and RBs. Joseph finally got it right by taking him out of that role and just letting him be a DE.

I don't mind giving Vance some credit where it's due but I'm not sure I can give it to him for Reddick.

Reddick was playing garbage at ILB to the point they were playing Joe Walker over him and at the same time we were incredibly weak at OLB. The decision kinda made itself.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind, this decision was made easier when Chandler Jones went out with injury. With both in the roster, you have two players who are not great in coverage and who you want rushing the QB. No one cares if Reddick rushes and Golden or Fitts or Kennard drops into coverage...Chandler Jones is a different thing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't like to give credit to anyone, seems like to me. :)

Happy to give it where it's due. I praised the O line and Hopkins just today in fact.

I just don't sugar coat things because that's how I want them to be.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And yet they didn’t even mention him on Fox instead Strahan pointed out Chase Young as his best defender of the day

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson