If You Want KK Gone, Who Do You Want Hired?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well...... multiple reasons.

He was beloved by Keim & Bidwill. So much so that it was reported that he was our clear top choice instead of Vance but he chose Arians over us. I love the loyalty.

I actually liked how he handed the offense over (to a point) in NY.

He has turned the Tampa defense into another stout over-achieving unit. Except when they play the Chiefs. haha.

The players all over the league LOVE him. Not like him and say nice things..... Players follow him. Maybe this is spiritual but still.

Plus..... I loved his mentality. Maybe that's an intangible but still.

Kyler is going to be great. And will help us score a ton of points. We may need a conductor on defense when we are on defense, and then they can manage the clock while our OC is calling the 2-min offense. Seems like a better use of two people at the same time.

But again.... My first choice is Carmichael or EB.
Ehhh.

When watching NYJ games during his time there, he barely showed any emotion. Even more so than Kliff.

He was way too conservative.

One can make a case that he’s underachieving with their defense if anything.

Think he’s a way better DC than HC.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I don 't have a problem with KK. Yes, he still has a lot to learn but is young enough to adjust. If he was an old coach, I would say he was probably stuck in his old habits and mindset.

I am disappointed in the D this year. After the second half of last year when we finally put our players in their 'correct' positions on the field, our D was as good as I ever remember them. And this year, after our #1 pick in the draft, I was expecting us to be a top D. For some reason, we don't look the same as we did at the end of last season, and I can't say why. It seems our D coach has forgotten what he learned (or should have learned) from the last few games last season. Is he playing guys in their proper positions, is he calling the D differently than a year ago, is he too predictable in his play calling? I just don't have a clue, but feel he (and we) have regressed this season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something to ponder...

IF KK gets to 8 wins this year...only 6 Cardinal teams would have had more wins since they came to Arizona (32 years).

In fact, you could go all the way back to 1977 and find only 1 more team.

That's 7 teams in 43 years. Many people on this board have been there for all of those and more.

IF he doesn't win another game (6 total)...only 20 teams out of 43 years would have won more.

We have a truly pathetic history. Pardon me for being excited about this QB, our progress since 2018, and genuine optimism about our future.

I'm not sure judging success based on the lack of previous success is the way it should be done.

If that was the case the Browns should have been delighted with 6-10 last year with Freddie Kitchens. Or 7-8-1 the year before with Greg Williams as Interim.

6-10 last year was the Brown's 6th best season since their reconstitution.

The reason they weren't happy with 6-10 was because they had a rookie QB they were excited about and spent a lot of money on a top 5 WR and they weren't getting the best out of either of them. Neither are we.

I don't think anybody should be happy with 8-8 after a 6-3 start.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You make Belichick a “10?” He’s not a rah rah in your face guy. Does he let you know his displeasure? Yeah, but it’s not full of life display you’re stumping for.

I'm not talking just Rah Rah. The scale was based on control of the team whether that be from respect, authoritarianism, player management skills, wanting to run through the wall for the guy etc etc. There are a bunch of ways a HC can assert their identity and grip on a team. Andy Reid and Belichick are very different guys but both have a strong grip on their players and tight control of the team.

Kliff, from what I can see, is doing none of them. Which is why this team has proven itself to be a paper tiger.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Are you really setting the standards at 6 and 8 wins???

Not at all...just providing perspective.

From the meltdown/negativity on this board, you would think we are Pittsburgh Steeler fans.

I want us to win the Super Bowl as bad as anyone else. However, I am not interested in picking apart every single flaw of every player/coach every week. I am looking for progress and optimism.

We finally have a QBOF (we drafted)
We have a top 10 offense in scoring/per game
We have a franchise WR locked up in his prime
Yes, we are one hail murray from being 5-7 but we are few plays away from being 9-3 or 10-2
The defense is holding us back but that will surprise nobody (go back to the threads before the season)
We have opportunities to improve this team (#2 WR, Defense, Kicker) and get to the next level
Yes, KK has to get better (go around the league and you will hear the same about nearly every HC)

My point is we have been very close. There is no reason to blow this thing up right now and start over. Especially when you realize KK took over the worst offense in the NFL (historically bad) in 2018 and has turned it into a top 10 scoring offense.

If everyone is being honest about it...think about the growth we have had from 2018-2019-2020. The quality of this team is light years ahead of where we were and I am confident it will continue to improve.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The reason they weren't happy with 6-10 was because they had a rookie QB they were excited about and spent a lot of money on a top 5 WR and they weren't getting the best out of either of them. Neither are we.

Eh...not exactly true Brit. The reason they weren't happy with 6-10 is because they built a super team with talent across the entire team (offense/defense). Way too much talent to suck and yes, it was certainly the coach.

What is hilarious...multiple people on this board wanted Freddie Kitchens as our HC. It was painfully obvious he isn't a HC and they blew that up as fast as we did Wilks.

Not the same situation at all.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have him replaced by Michael Bidwill. Arizona's Jerry Jones. :)

P.S. Sorry, thought you meant who our new GM would be.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well...... multiple reasons.

He was beloved by Keim & Bidwill. So much so that it was reported that he was our clear top choice instead of Vance but he chose Arians over us. I love the loyalty.

I actually liked how he handed the offense over (to a point) in NY.

He has turned the Tampa defense into another stout over-achieving unit. Except when they play the Chiefs. haha.

The players all over the league LOVE him. Not like him and say nice things..... Players follow him. Maybe this is spiritual but still.

Plus..... I loved his mentality. Maybe that's an intangible but still.

Kyler is going to be great. And will help us score a ton of points. We may need a conductor on defense when we are on defense, and then they can manage the clock while our OC is calling the 2-min offense. Seems like a better use of two people at the same time.

But again.... My first choice is Carmichael or EB.

I think I'd go with Bienemy.

If the Cardinals do decide to part ways with Kingsbury, I think the team is still better suited to building a real good offensive identity quickly.

A few years ago I was skeptical of Bienemy when Reid was still calling the plays, but now that he has a huge resume of playcalling, I think he would be the natural choice.

I think that this should be a cleansing from top to bottom though. If I had to choose between Kingsbury or Keim, I choose Kingsbury. This team is still hampered with too many Keim mistakes. Keim has been given enough time, and even though this team looked like it could be a contender THIS YEAR, his mistakes in the middle of the roster undid a lot of the progress this team made.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'd be ok with Marvin Lewis. People knock his playoff record but he was taking the freaking Cincinnati Bengals to the playoffs year after year. And that's in a division with Steelers and Ravens. The same Bengals with the worst owner in all professional sports.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The comparison of our situation to the 2019 Browns is making me imagine what our team would look like with a 1-2 punch of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt. Put Myles Garret on the other side? Now THATS a playoff team.

Reaction score
I don't want Kliff to get fired. I want him to grow some balls.

This 21st century metro sexual, chilled, robotic laid back man bro act is getting old. I want to see him chew someones ass for screwing up. I want to see him wrangling the offense or defense when off the field and trying to gee them up. I want to see him shout at Vance when they give up a 3rd and 15. I want to see him grab and vets face mask and tell him to wake the f up and make some plays.

Remember when he was pissed about his Madden character looking like something from the Walking Dead? Well his Madden character has more life than the real Kliff and that filters down.

The HC has no fire, the players have no fire. The dudes a robot with a Texas twang.

He's not a college coach anymore dealing with kids. He needs to grow up.
I couldn’t have said it better

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

This 21st century metro sexual, chilled, robotic laid back man bro act is getting old. I want to see him chew someones ass for screwing up. I want to see him wrangling the offense or defense when off the field and trying to gee them up. I want to see him shout at Vance when they give up a 3rd and 15. I want to see him grab and vets face mask and tell him to wake the f up and make some plays.

Remember when he was pissed about his Madden character looking like something from the Walking Dead? Well his Madden character has more life than the real Kliff and that filters down.

The HC has no fire, the players have no fire. The dudes a robot with a Texas twang.

Ten bonus points added to this take for incorporating metro-sexual into it.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
At this point I'd even take an actor who played a coach over Kliff. Anyone have Gene Hackman's number?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Pointless

kliffy is on a five year plan
They hired young on purpose to build long term stability.... everyone knew there would be growing pains even without the Covid season

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Guess you did not notice him in the last game screaming at Kyler and the offense when they botched a third down... and nobody grabs a players face mask anymore unless they want to get punched, while that act is a huge no no in college and high school so I do not see it going over well now :)

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pointless

kliffy is on a five year plan
They hired young on purpose to build long term stability.... everyone knew there would be growing pains even without the Covid season

Failing upwards if I have ever seen it

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
some practical considerations:

with covid, NFL revs are wayyyy down.

The Cards are a middle market kind of team and i suspect the lack of ticket sales, etc has hurt them. Not sure if they are losing money, but i bet if the NFL agrees to a $195mm salary cap next year, its close

Mike B is currently paying two coaching staffs: Wilks and KK's. There is some offset as it seems most of those guys are employed, but still.

setting aside the very questionable football reasons for making a coaching change this offseason---

I think its unlikely that in a bad revenue environment that Mike B signs up for paying THREE coaching staffs at the same time.

and its even less likely that he pays for three coaching staffs AND two GMs at the same time.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
some practical considerations:

with covid, NFL revs are wayyyy down.

The Cards are a middle market kind of team and i suspect the lack of ticket sales, etc has hurt them. Not sure if they are losing money, but i bet if the NFL agrees to a $195mm salary cap next year, its close

Mike B is currently paying two coaching staffs: Wilks and KK's. There is some offset as it seems most of those guys are employed, but still.

setting aside the very questionable football reasons for making a coaching change this offseason---

I think its unlikely that in a bad revenue environment that Mike B signs up for paying THREE coaching staffs at the same time.

and its even less likely that he pays for three coaching staffs AND two GMs at the same time.
There are great points and real numbers. If he wanted SK out probably could have done it "with cause" when he got the DWI. Now he's stuck with him, but I think they both would get next year either way. So let's hope for improvement from both.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know where you get bottom 10 from. And, I think he's got plenty courage, looking at some of the 4th down calls he has made.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
What was the team's record last year, 5-10-1 I think? Currently they are 7-6 and obviously could finish anywhere from 7-9 and 10-6. Either way it's an improvement in a tough division. The close losses have been frustrating and some calls Kliff makes are head scratchers.

Regardless of some heartbreaking close losses, the team has a chance to make the playoffs and finish the season with a winning record. It's been awhile since games in December have mattered for this franchise.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know where you get bottom 10 from. And, I think he's got plenty courage, looking at some of the 4th down calls he has made.

Kliff's 4th down calls aren't made out of courage. They are made out of desperation.

Courage would be calling one in a 23-20 game in the 4th quarter on the opponents 40 going for the win by TD. Nearly all Kliff's 4th down decisions to go for it come when we are multiple scores behind or playing like garbage and need a spark.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose