Haason Reddick.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think people are not realizing his success today has more to do with going against a rookie tackle that couldn't deal with a speed rush more than anything he did.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Goes to show you - Different players have different athletic traits, absorb info at different rates of skills and are motivated differently. Some coaches (with their unique personalities) are more effective at turning around slow developing players than other coaches.

It isn't 100% predictable - It took a few years for VJ to strike oil with Reddick and it wasn't a sure thing.

We too often base our assessments on a sample-size of one. We're talking about human beings here. Different strokes, folks.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yup, it’s amazing what happens when your play a player at their best (natural) position. It’s the position he excelled at in college. It only took 5 years to figure it out. It crazy how stupid these coaches are due to ego

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why can't you guys just give him his due? Why add the negativity whenever someone has a really good (in this case, record setting) game.

SMH

Good game Hassan. Good game/win Cardinals, even though I only got to see the first 2 1/2 quarters. Great win . We needed it.

Keep it up next week.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think people are not realizing his success today has more to do with going against a rookie tackle that couldn't deal with a speed rush more than anything he did.
He got 3 of his sacks from the right side of the offense. Beat the LT twice, beat the RT twice and got another sack on a stunt and beat the RG.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It will be a tough decision. Definitely a candidate for the franchise tag. Pas rushers are valuable and he has shown he can rush the passer and finish. As I said in another thread, you just have to be ok paying a one dimensional guy.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thomas had allowed 6 sacks in 12 games. Reddick had 4 against him in one. I personally think Reddick should get credit for his performance. But, hey, you are entirely in your rights to piss on the parade.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Props to him for a monster performance.

That said, I don't think he'll be back. I see it like a Calvin Pace situation, where the guy is just plainly going to want a change of scenery, and someone will be willing to offer him a competitive contract.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was a DE in college...now playing OLB.

He played a bunch of stand up Edge rusher and dropped back into coverage. You know what college defenses are like, they do a bunch of stuff you wouldn't see in the NFL. Reddick played much more like an OLB in college than a traditional hand in the dirt DE.