Cards\Giants Post Game chatter. 12/13/20

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Player of the game and defensive player of the game - Reddick

Group of the game - O line. They kept Kyler clean most of the game against a D line that's been causing problems.

Offensive player of the game - Hopkins

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Player of the game and defensive player of the game - Reddick

Group of the game - O line. They kept Kyler clean most of the game against a D line that's been causing problems.

Offensive player of the game - Hopkins
OL started creating huge holes for Drake after Beachum left the lineup. At least I think thats what happened? There was an OL changeup midgame right? I might be have been confused by the announcing.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
Philly now up 17-0 over N.O. Just our luck Wentz is no longer the starter.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What was most surprising today was I don't recall a single blitz. All our sacks and pressure came just from the D line which is super rare for us.

It meant we could blanket their receivers and make life difficult for Jones which was why so many of the sacks were coverage sacks.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Cards must read this board. Many of us were crying out to put Murray under center, move Hopkins around and add more crossing patterns.

True.

Also sad that this board has 1/2 as many posts when we win vs the drama x10 we see when we lose.

KK getting fired - Nope
K1 sucks - Nope
Offense isn't "innovative" - took the worst offense in the NFL to #1 in red zone TD's in less than 2 years (plus being #10 pts/game). Nope
This team won't win another game - Nope

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
True.

Also sad that this board has 1/2 as many posts when we win vs the drama x10 we see when we lose.

KK getting fired - Nope
K1 sucks - Nope
Offense isn't "innovative" - took the worst offense in the NFL to #1 in red zone TD's in less than 2 years (plus being #10 pts/game). Nope

I'm thrilled we won. I'm less than thrilled with the offense, especially Kliffy. That was some coaching suckage early in the game. If we're playing a team that didn't beg to be destroyed, leaving our opponents in the game would have been suicidal.

Oh well. The defense has stepped it up today, and we'll ride that defensive momentum as long as we can.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I'm thrilled we won. I'm less than thrilled with the offense, especially Kliffy. That was some coaching suckage early in the game. If we're playing a team that didn't beg to be destroyed, leaving our opponents in the game would have been suicidal.

Oh well. The defense has stepped it up today, and we'll ride that defensive momentum as long as we can.

With all due respect, I disagree.

Drake needs to be better...running sideways, not hitting holes, fumbling (we need a RB that can get 1 yard when needed)
Kirk needs to sell out for that TD on 1st drive. I see other players doing that (Irv Smith, Justin Jefferson). \
IOL sucked bad. Run plays and pass blocking.

Execution needs to be improved!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
With all due respect, I disagree.

Drake needs to be better...running sideways, not hitting holes, fumbling (we need a RB that can get 1 yard when needed)
Kirk needs to sell out for that TD on 1st drive. I see other players doing that (Irv Smith, Justin Jefferson). \
IOL sucked bad. Run plays and pass blocking.

Execution needs to be improved!

Execution needs to improve, agreed. Kirk needs to do better. But what did KK do after that huge momentum changer? Run, run, run, stupid 4th down risk, no points. Gut punch. Against a real team, that can kill a team's morale for the whole game. He HAS to be better. That's worse than a 3-and-out run-run-pass-punt. 3 straight runs? Give me a freaking break.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
True.

KK getting fired - Nope
K1 sucks - Nope

Went 2-7 in the red zone today (4 FGs)

Our offense is starting to get some yards, but we’re not finishing drives. Some of it is creativity (see first red zone possession) and some of it is missing when plays are open. Hopefully we right the ship, but we’re still seeing the same issues. 12 men coming out of a timeout, wasting timeouts because players don’t have a clue, Etc.

One small positive these last 2 weeks are the penalties. We’ve limited them and hopefully we can keep doing that. Playing behind the sticks isn’t easy for anyone especially a team that doesn’t drive the ball upfield consistently.

I understand that 2 years ago we were awful, but comparing anyone to that team doesn’t do any justice. That was a historically bad offense. KK has never been a winner and continuously his teams make the same mistakes (college and pros) causing a bit of concern.

My biggest gripe about KK is constantly seeing players standing in the same spots on the field before every snap. Then they pair it with running the same route up the field and expecting it to “fool” the defense. Example- we ran the same counter out of the shotgun where both the TE and guard pull from the left to right and gained more than 4 yards once. We ran that play at least 5 times almost trying to get it to work. We see plays like the Kirk pass on the first drive then nothing but the same BS every other play. The creativity is there, but I’m not sure if he doesn’t have the guts to make the call or if he doesn’t think of it.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gameball easily Reddick dude played possessed!!! Earned a pro bowl debut imo

Great win by cards

Murray hop also played well like how hop is starting to bark at murray kliff if he doesn't get ball

Eh gm by drake td nice but lucky cards got those 2 fum...

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Offense was carrying this defense for the first half of this season...it's all good.
Let’s give credit where credit is due. Everyone was all over Vance and the defense when they struggled. Now it’s crickets about the defense. Let’s at least acknowledge the improvements made by the defense the last month or so.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson