The Cards may not win another game this season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I thought the eagles game and the giants game were going to be straight laughers. Now I'm scared stiff. Especially with the eagles naming Hurts as starter. Expect a Tua like performance from a fresh new QB who will elevate those bums to an inspired performance. I already see it!!

I definitely see that eagles game being tougher now than it was.

and the giants bare just playing good football right now. And we’re on the road and spiraling having lost 4 of 5.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I definitely see that eagles game being tougher now than it was.

and the giants bare just playing good football right now. And we’re on the road and spiraling having lost 4 of 5.

Man cheese could you imagine if we would have had to play Washington with Alex Smith?? OMG. A win this week is going to be a small miracle. I just don't see it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man cheese could you imagine if we would have had to play Washington with Alex Smith?? OMG. A win this week is going to be a small miracle. I just don't see it.

I think we’ve got a shot simply because the Giants are a young team too and coming off a stunner on the road, might pull a Cardinals and be full of themselves and look at us like chopped liver.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't realize that Brandon Williams playing for Giants & actually getting snaps. Not sure if that's a good omen or not. It be the most Cards thing ever to have that be the guy to get a game changing INT & end playoff hopes. The wife might know what it means to be married to a actual zombie for a few weeks if that happens

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we’ve got a shot simply because the Giants are a young team too and coming off a stunner on the road, might pull a Cardinals and be full of themselves and look at us like chopped liver.
We've got a shot because we have enough natural talent to beat all 4 remaining teams on our schedule.

Problem is: We could lose all 4 games because we're young, inexperienced and erratic.

Things don't look so hot, but you never know

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The league always figures out running QBs who cannot read d. He needs to commit himself or go back to baseball already... You can’t make it in the NFL on talent alone. Especially when you have a HC who can’t scheme his way out of the mirror.

The sky is truly falling. Run for the hills!

If you feel good about the direction of this team where we stand today, you're blinded by rose colored glasses, or are just being optimistic for the sake of being optimistic.

We're a bad team. It begins with our GM's inability to draft any contributors, continues with his handpicked HC being better suited to coach high school ball, and ends with our tiny, raw QB not being challenged or effective when he does anything but runs on a broken play.

Not true at all. Even losing 4 of 5, I am optimistic for our future. All you have to do is consider where we were two years ago to find optimism.

We have a franchise QB since the first time since they moved to AZ. We have a top 10 offense. We have an offensive line that was easily the worst in the league 2 years ago and now is middle of the pack. We have arguably the best WR in the league.

If you can't see any good about the direction of the team today from where we were two years ago, you are looking through a microscope not seeing the bigger picture.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But as of today,

But as of today, neither of you are correct so why are claiming victory over the Cards' woes?

As of today the Cards are out and it was brought up to me as "who in the nfc has a shot to catch us?" Well weve been caught and passed. It could change again. Sure. But who is actually confident in that?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't get it, last year Baker Mayfield sucked way more than Murray this year, in his third year Baker Mayfield is one of the better QB in the league and probably will stay that way. He never was as good as Murray in his first two. So assuming that Murray can be better next year ... guys stop the hate. We lost 1 game because of our DC 2 by the kicker and 3 because our QB tanked ... Murray has a mid season sophomor slump.

It is what it is. We are still in the playoff picture, gosh that was all I wanted from the get go for season 2. if we somehow end up in the playoffs we are already ahead of the schedule.

And don't come with KC, Alex Smith was twice with them in the Playoffs before Mahomes took over, we were drafting #1 overall last year and we drafted in the top 10 this, we are going in the right direction. But if we win the next 3 and somehow Rams rest theire starters and we win that game as well, we have a good chance to play in Greenbay in the playoffs, and as anybody knows, we have a nice run against greenbay, even Josh Rosen won against GB in GB ...

And if not, this team was a 7-9 / 8-8 team before the hype started, and how we lost some games we seem like such a team. Now if they some how can win the next 3 games, they are already 9-6 and than ... everything is possible.

But till then stay calm and:

DON'T PANIC

Idk what the stats say but Baker looks better without OBJ. Also Stefanski is probably the COY.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The sky is truly falling. Run for the hills!

Not true at all. Even losing 4 of 5, I am optimistic for our future. All you have to do is consider where we were two years ago to find optimism.

We have a franchise QB since the first time since they moved to AZ. We have a top 10 offense. We have an offensive line that was easily the worst in the league 2 years ago and now is middle of the pack. We have arguably the best WR in the league.

If you can't see any good about the direction of the team today from where we were two years ago, you are looking through a microscope not seeing the bigger picture.
I hate comparing how bad we were two years ago to what is actually good. I've always had a problem with it. Does a team that hasn't broken .500 in 5 years deserve applause? This feels like battered Cardinals syndrome.

Kyler is struggling for whatever reason right now. I'm not going to panic about him, but I am going to worry about a coach who seems to not be able to win when it matters, and I'm beginning to doubt feels comfortable criticizing the kid he's been hyping since his teens.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate comparing how bad we were two years ago to what is actually good. I've always had a problem with it. Does a team that hasn't broken .500 in 5 years deserve applause? This feels like battered Cardinals syndrome.

Kyler is struggling for whatever reason right now. I'm not going to panic about him, but I am going to worry about a coach who seems to not be able to win when it matters, and I'm beginning to doubt feels comfortable criticizing the kid he's been hyping since his teens.

No, but it warrants at least a bit of optimism.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, but it warrants at least a bit of optimism.

say we lose 6 of our last 7 (which looks possible) and defenses continue to catch up to our offensive genius as they have the last three games, does that really warrant optimism or is massive amount of skepticism okay at that point, considering that our coach who’s never won anywhere continues not to do so?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
say we lose 6 of our last 7 (which looks possible) and defenses continue to catch up to our offensive genius as they have the last three games, does that really warrant optimism or is massive amount of skepticism okay at that point, considering that our coach who’s never won anywhere continues not to do so?

At that point, I think the bar is closer to 50/50. (optimism/pessimism)

I just think how fast we started has really skewed our expectations. At the start of the year, if you asked most fans would they be happy with 6-6 after 12 games and in a wild card hunt, I think a lot of them would have been, or at least content. I don't think we would get the pessimism that we are seeing now since we started 5-2 and are now 6-6.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At that point, I think the bar is closer to 50/50. (optimism/pessimism)

I just think how fast we started has really skewed our expectations. At the start of the year, if you asked most fans would they be happy with 6-6 after 12 games and in a wild card hunt, I think a lot of them would have been, or at least content. I don't think we would get the pessimism that we are seeing now since we started 5-2 and are now 6-6.

but we’re not as the beginning of the season. We got shown something that worked and now we’ve seen the league counter that, hard. Ignoring the reality of where we are now to live in the past to evaluate the present and future makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Man, I thought the eagles game and the giants game were going to be straight laughers. Now I'm scared stiff. Especially with the eagles naming Hurts as starter. Expect a Tua like performance from a fresh new QB who will elevate those bums to an inspired performance. I already see it!!
Yes because every backup QB throws for 400+ yards & 4 TD's against us. We might as well not even show up to SFS that day lol.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

No it does not.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Didn't realize that Brandon Williams playing for Giants & actually getting snaps. Not sure if that's a good omen or not. It be the most Cards thing ever to have that be the guy to get a game changing INT & end playoff hopes. The wife might know what it means to be married to a actual zombie for a few weeks if that happens

Just put me in the ground right then and there....oooph....

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but we’re not as the beginning of the season. We got shown something that worked and now we’ve seen the league counter that, hard. Ignoring the reality of where we are now to live in the past to evaluate the present and future makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Kyler isn't playing the same IMO because he is either still hurt and not admitting it, or is playing hurt/scared. That is preventing him from making plays with his feet and throws down the middle. We still do not win that game last week if Kyler was the Kyler of 6 weeks ago because our defense was so poor on the night.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Kyler isn't playing the same IMO because he is either still hurt and not admitting it, or is playing hurt/scared. That is preventing him from making plays with his feet and throws down the middle. We still do not win that game last week if Kyler was the Kyler of 6 weeks ago because our defense was so poor on the night.
Kyler does not have a poker face if he was still hurt he would show it. It may be him not wanting to get hurt again but I don’t think he is still in pain from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler does not have a poker face if he was still hurt he would show it. It may be him not wanting to get hurt again but I don’t think he is still in pain from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is playing more like he was last year than he did when he was on fire this year. Wouldn't run, isn't setting his feet before throwing, etc.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mentioned during the last game Kyler didn't appear as quick as he usually does. Whether that's because he is not trying to get hurt or still injured, I don't know. Without him running, the Cardinals offense is predictable.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned during the last game Kyler didn't appear as quick as he usually does. Whether that's because he is not trying to get hurt or still injured, I don't know. Without him running, the Cardinals offense is predictable.

Exactly.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
If you feel good about the direction of this team where we stand today, you're blinded by rose colored glasses, or are just being optimistic for the sake of being optimistic.

We're a bad team. It begins with our GM's inability to draft any contributors, continues with his handpicked HC being better suited to coach high school ball, and ends with our tiny, raw QB not being challenged or effective when he does anything but runs on a broken play.

I wouldn't say we are a bad team. The Jets, Bengals, Jaguars, Cowboys, Bears, Chargers. and a few others are bad teams.

The Cardinals are very mediocre and will likely finish around 8-8.

Btw, Kliff could lose every game for the remainder of the season and will still likely get one more year.

It's amazing the amount of people wanting to declare Murray a bust after struggling a few games. I say this as someone who didn't want to draft Kyler. The jury is still out in my opinion but he has certainly had enough success that people suddenly declaring him a bust is ridiculous.

Last edited:

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I wouldn't say we are a bad team. The Jets, Bengals, Jaguars, Cowboys, Bears, Chargers. and a few others are bad teams.

The Cardinals are very mediocre and will likely finish around 8-8.

Btw, Kliff could lose every game for the remainder of the season and will still likely get one more year.

It's amazing the amount of people wanting to declare Murray a bust after struggling a few games. I say this as someone who didn't want to draft Kyler. The jury is still out in my opinion but he has certainly had enough success that people suddenly declaring him a bust is ridiculous.
But others were declaring him MVP after just a few games as well. Typical over reaction.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

They still might be....just not the way we thought!:titanic: