Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Three’s Company of it all annoys the crap out of me as a writer. Feels lazy.
Also Johnny’s kid has the acting chops of a piece of cardboard.
Yeah I don’t know how they cast him. Not only isn’t he a good actor, he’s also got a punchable face and I don’t say that about kids.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No kidding! I'm not too impressed with Daniel's daughter either. You've got to figure casting starts with "can you Karate", and then they have to pick from what's left.
Lol I had the same thought process.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Johnny is great though. That's a really interesting character, a guy trying to change and do things the right way, but always battling his demons and letting the wrong creep in.

Daniel for the most part is just a douche for me.
Yup this. Johnnys the guy you’re rooting for and keep saying “no!” Every time he screws up. And Larusso is just a douche. Nicely flipped.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The last 15 minutes of Season 2 finale was nuts in a good way, very action packed.

Plots were telegraphed, I figured what was going to happen after the first 3 episodes.

One thing I thought was kind of bad form, Tommy's death. We all know Tommy for his infamous "get him a body bag" line with his trademark giggle. The scene putting him in a body bag was a little much given he passed away six months later in real life and he was obviously sick in that episode but if the man was okay with it then God bless him.

Mary Mouser who plays Daniel's daughter, is 24 years old, I thought she was really 16.

Read rumors that Chozen & Kumiko could be in Season 3 as story line supposedly has Daniel going back to Okinawa.
Wow didn’t know that stuff about Tommy. I’m glad they gave him a farewell. It’s an iconic line.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the writers are either having fun ping ponging everyone between which side they want to take or doing an entertaining job of doing so accidentally.

I did enjoy how they showed if the original karate kid could’ve been viewed through johnny’s perspective we might’ve thought differently about the two of them (until a whole pack if cobra Kais kicked the crap outta a single kid).

There was a YouTube video made on this topic years ago. Basically Daniel started the whole drama and was the true villain of Karate Kid.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just finished this. Loved it matter fact all the guys I know who watched it feel the same way.

Daniels daughter is driving me crazy. The Threes company thing was hilarious

the cruel summer ending was epic

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
My wife and I are about it

I've been watching Kirby Bucketts with my kids, which is kind of a trip

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m shocked my boys love this one considering they had to be dragged across the finish line watching karate kid.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and girls are hooked. My son will watch it but he isn’t hooked. He would much rather be watching Mando or one of the new Trek shows.

Some of the acting is cringy but that gives it the 80 cheese factor. The fighting scenes are all over the map from crap technique to good as well. For me the nostalgia, the grey area in the characters as grown ups and the fun factor is why I like the show. Without the Karate Kid connection? I would likely pass but like I said. It’s a fun show.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halfway through season 3 and loving it. I was afraid things might change too much moving to Netflix but its just as good, if not better. They really caught lightning in a bottle with this show. It shouldn't be as good as is it but each episode is better than the last.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Halfway through season 3 and loving it. I was afraid things might change too much moving to Netflix but its just as good, if not better. They really caught lightning in a bottle with this show. It shouldn't be as good as is it but each episode is better than the last.
Robby’s storyline is the weakest part of this season, but the stuff with Daniel/Johnny is gold.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Robby’s storyline is the weakest part of this season, but the stuff with Daniel/Johnny is gold.
Not surprising as their storyline is really the only one that adults care about. All the kids are stupid (but obviously necessary). Hawk being the dumbest.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not surprising as their storyline is really the only one that adults care about. All the kids are stupid (but obviously necessary). Hawk being the dumbest.

The kids are pretty bad but I do like Miguel. He's the only one I like. Tory is ok. I dislike her less this season but the rest are just sort of plot devices.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose