2021 Free Agency

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yikes.

I didn't realise we had quite so many starting FA's next year.

45% of this years snaps are FA next year. League leading.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And yet we aren't playing Murphy, Simmons and Kennard, all of whom are under contract next year. There is some big brain thinking for you.

Reaction score
Just at a quick glance...

Tough to replace:
Patrick Peterson (yes I know alot of you will disagree)
Golden
Reddick

Would like to keep:
Fitzgerald (only if much lower cap)
Drake (or plug this hole with a draft pick and a veteran)
Beachum

Replaceable:
Campbell (replace with Simmons)
Banjo
Kirkpatrick
Joseph
Peko

Easily Replaceable:
Sweezy (Can we finally draft a guard that can start?)
Zane
Lee

The rest are guys making less than a million... I don't think that is a huge uphill task?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If they want to upgrade the WR position Detroit is going to have to make a decision as they have both Golladay and Jones Jr. coming up a FAs in 2021. Don't see them being able to sign both.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they want to upgrade the WR position Detroit is going to have to make a decision as they have both Golladay and Jones Jr. coming up a FAs in 2021. Don't see them being able to sign both.

Golladay is 3 years younger, but injury prone. I love Jones watched him at Cal of course but he is 30. He's a great redzone target but NOT a speed guy anymore.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
Too bad 100% of them (including coaching staff) aren't FA next year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Curtis Samuel is an interesting option as a FA WR. He is young (25) similar to JuJu and has a lot of flexibility in how he can be used. Nice run after catch guy. You could probably get him for around 8 mil and get similar production to what JuJu would get at half the price.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My early FA thoughts.

JuJu
Corey Davis
Curtis Samuel
John Ross (pure dart throw)

Trading Andy Isabella for Kerryon Johnson or Miles Sanders (both teams have low cap space, few WRs that will be on their roster and use RB mostly as a committee)

Brandon Scherff

Larry Ogunjobi

Also, lots of players will be cut as teams will be struggling to get under the cap so that should flood the market and drop the price for some vets.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
i highly doubt team invests in another wide receiver after the money they gave to deandre. ( See boldin/Fitz )

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
i highly doubt team invests in another wide receiver after the money they gave to deandre. ( See boldin/Fitz )
They took 3 WRs in one draft and none of them seem to be working out. Our 2nd best WR is 38? Kirk is looking like a 3 or 4 at best. With everyone's job dependent on Kyler succeeding, I doubt they will leave Kyler to make it work with what he has.

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting Chopper, that you thought were thinking of 2 receivers I was looking at.
Curtis Samuel, age 25, market value for 2021 is 6.5M for 3 years.
Cori Davis, age 26, market value for 2021 is 8M for 4 years.
I believe that the Cardinals have to concentrate on rebuilding the OL, but not much in free agency, maybe John Miller. The draft has several OG to look at.
In free agency the 2 best are Scherff and Thuney, but both would be too expensive.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Interesting Chopper, that you thought were thinking of 2 receivers I was looking at.
Curtis Samuel, age 25, market value for 2021 is 6.5M for 3 years.
Cori Davis, age 26, market value for 2021 is 8M for 4 years.
I believe that the Cardinals have to concentrate on rebuilding the OL, but not much in free agency, maybe John Miller. The draft has several OG to look at.
In free agency the 2 best are Scherff and Thuney, but both would be too expensive.

Money is not as much of an issue as people are making it out to be. We probably couldn't sign both, but one or the other is easy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A name to remember for 2021.

Marcus Williams S Saints

A similar skill set to Justin Simmons who Vance had in Denver but a better tackle %, better comp% against, and almost as many INTs.

He is 24 and will turn 25 next September. The Saints can't afford to re-sign him or franchise him unless they really work some cap-magic. I like Jalen Thompson as much as most, but I don't know how long we want to wait for his development. I think it would be more prudent to sign Williams and then use Jalen as a 3rd S / nickel CB. I don't believe Williams will get the love of these other S, but I feel like he complements Budda very well and is very underrated.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, Chidobe Awuzie CB Cowboys. Has experience and good size. Willing tackler. He isn't great but he is a younger guy who may turn out to be a late bloomer.

Kevin King is another name as we seem to love Washington Husky DBs.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yikes.

I didn't realise we had quite so many starting FA's next year.

45% of this years snaps are FA next year. League leading.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

on offense: its driven by Kenyan Drake and Larry Fitz. Sweezy to a lesser extent

on defense: Pat P, Corey Peters, Reddick, Golden, Devondre Campbell

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A name to remember for 2021.

Marcus Williams S Saints

A similar skill set to Justin Simmons who Vance had in Denver but a better tackle %, better comp% against, and almost as many INTs.

He is 24 and will turn 25 next September. The Saints can't afford to re-sign him or franchise him unless they really work some cap-magic. I like Jalen Thompson as much as most, but I don't know how long we want to wait for his development. I think it would be more prudent to sign Williams and then use Jalen as a 3rd S / nickel CB. I don't believe Williams will get the love of these other S, but I feel like he complements Budda very well and is very underrated.
Also, Chidobe Awuzie CB Cowboys. Has experience and good size. Willing tackler. He isn't great but he is a younger guy who may turn out to be a late bloomer.

Kevin King is another name as we seem to love Washington Husky DBs.

Love these options.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave