KTAR: "He doesn't listen to Fitz."

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That fact that Kyler doesn't look like the most effective communicator makes this at least believable.

As others have mentioned he’s an introvert. Case in point is not looking at Kliff once when they were talking on the bench. Avoiding eye contact is a basic sign of that. As far as “yelling at Hop” constituting leadership? Idk about that. We don’t know how his communicates behind the scenes.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yelling at someone doesnt equal good communication.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
He said he's a great teammate and demanding (vice versa). Can you be that without good communication? In SS interview they actually show them communicating as well.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This was from a little while back.
What's your relationship with Fitz like? I'm imagining you coming in as a young leader on this team, and he's a legend. Was there ever any tension there?

Never any tension. Obviously, receiver-quarterback relationship, when things aren't ... Say we miss a route, or I miss a throw or stuff like that — he'll never drop the ball. It's always my fault. Let's put it that way. But he's like a big brother to me.

https://www.insider.com/kyler-murray-interview-smile-larry-fitzgerald-bodyarmor-2020-10

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
My only issue with Kyler is he isn't progressing through his reads and when throws is not accurate. Doesn't like to step up in the pocket and runs backwards when bailing. Whether Murray gets Larry's counsel or not does NOT bother me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Kyler is going through his progressions, which is clear enough when you see a view of him from the defense's perspective and his eyes are going through his reads (you cannot really tell from a TV side view by just looking at one's neck), but his problem is that he does not trust his reads or maybe his WRs... I get this feeling because he's scanning the field but he's throwing late constantly

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I need a job where I can talk out of my butt and have people run around and spread it for me

LOL.

As a facilitator of said butt talking, I 100% agree.

Again, no idea where Gambo got this from, could very well be out of his butt. We will see tho.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Just heard on KTAR from one of the hosts "Kyler doesn't listen to Fitzgerald."

Take it for what it is. There is no proof, just a statement made.

I will say that if this is true, then Kyler Murray has a lot of growing up to do. He is getting a little too Jay Cutler in my opinion. He certainly does not know everything, does not know everything and has a lot to work on when it comes to fundamentals.

If this kid thinks he knows it all and will not listen. Then I doubt he is very coachable. That is a problem.

Not gonna work here in the NFL, and it would not work in MLB as well.

Very concerning. Especially from someone who is used to winning and seems to not be able to handle adversity, something Fitzgerald could REALLY help him with....handling adversity.

With all the warts being shown it will be interesting to see how things are going to be handled going forward.
Maybe Fitz was just trying to give advice on staying away from covid and Kyler was like, nah I'm good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then would like to know which advises Fitzgerald was trying to give
Off the field, not for sure, since k1 is a quite guy
About playing qb? I don't see it
Communication with his teammates?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
But the radio host is hearing it from somewhere. Obviously context is missing but Gambo, to my knowledge doesn't simply make up stuff out of thin air. He may not be right but he is hearing that from somewhere

I heard that bit on the radio. Gambo gets his info the old-fashioned way - he picks up the phone and calls people (instead of repeating online stuff).

K1 is definitely regressing - lots of people calling for him to go under center, but K1 hates it and won't do it. Time for KK2 and Keim to put their foot down 'cause he's acting like a petulant child.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard that bit on the radio. Gambo gets his info the old-fashioned way - he picks up the phone and calls people (instead of repeating online stuff).

K1 is definitely regressing - lots of people calling for him to go under center, but K1 hates it and won't do it. Time for KK2 and Keim to put their foot down 'cause he's acting like a petulant child.

Who is he calling these days? Because his access to both the Cardinals and Suns has been reduced dramatically over the years.

a petulant child? Wow uh ok

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Some of this is coaching. I can’t say it often enough; they need hot reads and those should be Fitz or Hopkins. This business of Murray having no safety throw is absurd.

I think this is the underlying issue. I believe Murray has no issues with players but isnt believing in KK or the coaching. Thebolays called haven't helped him out at all and he's disgruntled about it on the sidelines.

The one play I was really scratching my head on was the 3 and 10 on their own 1 and not one route from the receivers made any sense in that situation. Even the announcer mentioned it. I just think Murray isn't happy with KK and his decision making.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So Warner has talked quite a bit about the playing under Center thing. he thinks people just gloss over it so and so needs to play under Center without really understanding if you have never done it before, it's completely different. The main thing is you have to get comfortable with playing with your back to the defense because when you are under Center you often have your back to them when handing it off, faking, play action etc. The reason QB's like the shotgun or pistol is they can see everything.

It also goes back to Peyton Manning who for years argued he wanted to play out of the gun not under Center. He said it finally took coaches to convince him with stats that his numbers were actually BETTER under Center than shotgun. The reason for that is that coaches pressured him to do it so he worked religiously to get to where there was no tell between a run or a pass when he took it under C because he is convinced that most QB's telegraph run vs pass from under C. That's why Manning worked so hard on those stretch handoffs and things that were a staple, he wanted to make sure he wasn't telegraphing. Manning has gone into great detail on this btw, he says the reason you often hear people young QB in the gun is staring down receivers is because the veteran guy is reading the defense pre snap, that's why Manning loved the gun, but a younger guy doesn't do that as well so when the play starts, he's looking at his primary read first because that's what tells him where he's going on the play.if the read is D Hop but the defense has him bracketed for example, then you go to the 2nd read. So many of our plays are get the ball out quick, a staple in the offense in the gun, people just assume he's staring down his receiver when what they're really doing is reading the thing the veteran guy can often read pre snap

Not saying Kyler should not play under C but it was interesting both Manning and warner say they MUCH preferred being in the gun as long as you had a C you could trust. Both guys said the fear of getting stepped on pulling away from C and the tell on run or pass was a big deal. there are QB's, Newton is one, who just by how they set up under C telegraph run or pass.

If you saw the game last night Mullens got called for a false start on a sneak because he started moving forward before the snap to get a head start, it's because they teach their QB's not to telegraph pre snap with their feet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure if the coach said go under center, he would. what's he going to do, call his own plays?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is the first time Murray is facing extended adversity. He’s always had tremendous success at every level and now the past few weeks have shown a side of Murray that he doesnt know how to fix just yet. KK needs to be better at helping him as well.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You have no proof of anything, just making up stuff as you go.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
We all know that Kyler Murray is an egomaniac. That came with the package. I will wait until he has a full offseason with the team in person before judging his leadership. The entire season is a mulligan in my opinion. This team should have 8 wins right now and things would be calmer. You can thank Zane Gonzales for 2 losses.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If K1 doesn't come out like a man possessed this weekend after all this negative press, franchise in whole lot of trouble. From MVP candidate to Rosen levels of concern in a month. Football gods got no love for this franchise. I guess sacrificing Josh & Wilkes wasn't enough for them.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is the first time Murray is facing extended adversity. He’s always had tremendous success at every level and now the past few weeks have shown a side of Murray that he doesnt know how to fix just yet. KK needs to be better at helping him as well.
Not true. He washed out at TAMU and high tailed it to OU where Riley masked the flaws we are seeing now. Murray has had his moments but if KK gets canned will another coach be able to build his offense to tailor Murray is the million dollar question.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not true. He washed out at TAMU and high tailed it to OU where Riley masked the flaws we are seeing now. Murray has had his moments but if KK gets canned will another coach be able to build his offense to tailor Murray is the million dollar question.

Actually, it would not be correct to say he washed out at Texas A&M since their coach Kevin Sumlin had the program in shambles and everyone was trying to buck and run :)

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean in the A&M situation it was less washing out and more something was extremely dysfunctional with their coaching staff. Both Kyler and Kyle Allen had the starting QB job at the time they each decided to transfer out. A very strange situation. I don't think anything like that has ever happened before at a major program.