KK isn't going anywhere

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t think KK is going anywhere. 6-6 is okay at this point.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That would be a mistake

Its not even his record as a head coach.

Its his sheer incompetency as a play caller and game planner that is extremely disconcerting.

Fortunately Kiem probably wont have a chance to make any more disastrous decisions past this season anyway.

Last edited:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
We could lose out and he'll be coach next year, although there's nothing telling me he's gonna "get better" or "figure it out"

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He will get one more year...and the expectations will be playoffs.

IMO If they underperform next year, it will be time to clean house. At that point, it becomes about making KM happy before we start talking extension. New GM, new coach...etc.

If we waste 4 years of Kyler and dont make the playoffs, he might consider not resigning here and pushing his way out. We have a lot of options to keep him here against his will, but I dont think MB wants to get to that territory.

Despite any weaknesses in KM's game, the Cardinals have one of the most exciting young players in sports. You do what you can to build around that.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can’t have KK and Vance together period, Kk is probably not going anywhere so Vance has to go. We need a real quality NFL DC and OC, KK can work with the OC on job game days on game plans but needs to focus on HC duties during the games! He’s too often overwhelmed and makes goofy game management mistakes. I think that could be helped by taking some off his plate, not to mention an NFL play caller having some input on the game plans which currently are questionable at best.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is probably true that he stays. Performance has rarely directed Cardinal coaching choices or a losing college coach wouldn’t have been here in the first place.
Frankly, 3 HCs in 4 seasons is still a bad look. I agree that Kliff will get 1 or 2 more unless everything goes to hell.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Can’t have KK and Vance together period, Kk is probably not going anywhere so Vance has to go. We need a real quality NFL DC and OC, KK can work with the OC on job game days on game plans but needs to focus on HC duties during the games! He’s too often overwhelmed and makes goofy game management mistakes. I think that could be helped by taking some off his plate, not to mention an NFL play caller having some input on the game plans which currently are questionable at best.

Neither is going anywhere for at least one more year. Vance will get a pass due to injuries on the defense. Kingsbury will get a pass because Keim and Bidwill will not admit to their mistake after just two years. What this team needs is a head coach. Kingsbury is an OC, not a HC. He wasn't good at being a HC at Texas Tech.

There is a trend here with Kingsbury. Here are his records at Texas Tech as HC, split into roughly two halves. Seems he starts out pretty good each year and then fades every year with maybe the exception of 2016 where his record is pretty split. His first year with the Cardinals reflects his 2016 season and 2020 is getting back to what seems to be his norm.

2013 Texas Tech
7-0
1-5

3-4
1-4

5-2
2-4

3-4
2-3

4-1
2-6

3-2
2-5

2019 Cardinals
2-5-1
2-6

5-2
1-4

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Neither is going anywhere for at least one more year. Vance will get a pass due to injuries on the defense. Kingsbury will get a pass because Keim and Bidwill will not admit to their mistake after just two years. What this team needs is a head coach. Kingsbury is an OC, not a HC. He wasn't good at being a HC at Texas Tech.

There is a trend here with Kingsbury. Here are his records at Texas Tech as HC, split into roughly two halves. Seems he starts out pretty good each year and then fades every year with maybe the exception of 2016 where his record is pretty split. His first year with the Cardinals reflects his 2016 season and 2020 is getting back to what seems to be his norm.

2013 Texas Tech
7-0
1-5

3-4
1-4

5-2
2-4

3-4
2-3

4-1
2-6

3-2
2-5

2019 Cardinals
2-5-1
2-6

5-2
1-4
Don't be so sure on Vance. Simmons still is not playing a high snap % and Murphy is being used less. Keim will naturally want a coach who can make the guys he acquires look good.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

2013 Texas Tech
7-0
1-5

3-4
1-4

5-2
2-4

3-4
2-3

4-1
2-6

3-2
2-5

2019 Cardinals
2-5-1
2-6

5-2
1-4

The front office will NOT admit failure on KK yet we all know this. So bringing in a quality OC/QB coach to work with Kyler and KK on the offense is really the only scapegoat they can kinda do without admitting failure on another HC. Vance has had two years and just irregardless of the talent we have doesn’t elevate the D in anyway! He is a proven failure and what organization picks the DC for a HC in the NFL anyway weird from the start! Get a quality OC and DC in here and this team can be playoff contenders immediately!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're well on our way to hell. that's for sure. This collapse has been painful to watch.

You know this is just nonsense.

Yeah we have lost some games, but it's not like we have been blown out. Granted I'm not happy with our last 5 games but we weren't playing crap teams, and other than this Rams game I feel like we could of or should have won against Miami, New England and Seattle.

This streak sucks, but it is still 1000 times better than the Wilks era.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Not when you were 5 & 2. And not when you lost to teams you should've beaten (Lions, Miami, Carolina, Patriots).

Miami is 8-4 and has exceeded expectations in both years under Flores with Ryan Fitzpatrick playing a majority of those games at QB. That’s the biggest blunder in all of this. If Keim was a competent GM this team would be in their 3rd year under a coach who unlike Kingsbury knows how to get the most out of his players and win football games.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Right now the Cardinals are a tease. They win enough games to stay in contention for a playoff berth, play a lot of close games wining some and losing others they shouldn't lose and then at the last moment when a playoff berth is on the line they take out the pin and burst the balloon.

It's just like the Robin Williams dialog on the invention of golf. "then I'll put a little flat spot out there and put a little flag in it to give you hope".

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WARNING! STRONG LANGAUGE.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Yeah we have lost some games, but it's not like we have been blown out. Granted I'm not happy with our last 5 games but we weren't playing crap teams, and other than this Rams game I feel like we could of or should have won against Miami, New England and Seattle.

There was a reason that era lasted one season. If things continue to devolve, I don't know how you keep KK around for a 3rd season.

Jody said it well - https://foxsports910.iheart.com/fea...f-kingsbury-is-the-cardinals-biggest-problem/

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Frankly, 3 HCs in 4 seasons is still a bad look. I agree that Kliff will get 1 or 2 more unless everything goes to hell.

This plays more into than some would suspect. You can't fire these guys every year and expect coaches (or players) to want to come here.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miami is 8-4 and has exceeded expectations in both years under Flores with Ryan Fitzpatrick playing a majority of those games at QB. That’s the biggest blunder in all of this. If Keim was a competent GM this team would be in their 3rd year under a coach who unlike Kingsbury knows how to get the most out of his players and win football games.

this above is all part of my bigger issue with “the team is learning and no one should expect playoffs in year two!” BS I’m seeing.

The Dolphins were a complete dumpster fire and it’s year two and they’re 8-4.

The Rams were mediocre to atrocious for five years before McVay. He won the division in his FIRST year and made the Super Bowl in year 2.

The Niners were awful for years. Shanahan won 13 games, the division and was 5 minutes away from winning The Super Bowl in year 2.

Doug Pederson went 7-9 in his first season. Won the Super Bowl in YEAR 2.

All 4 coaches were first time HCs, who had huge success with either unproven QBs, washed up Journeyman QBs, or very green or rookie QBs.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Proximo, you're totally right, but I read the post at a vulnerable moment, and had no way to describe it at the time. I try not to get besides myself in expectations, but at the end of the day when a game is there for the taking and things happen that you have ultimately no control over, it's frustrating for me at this juncture of my life. I want so badly to embrace fully this coach, this regime, hell, this current team, but this is horrid. It just is. Just because we weren't expected to be this much better this soon, doesn't mean we should throw our hands up and say, "well, being 6-6 is a blessing". I'm sorry, when you've literally watched a team crap away opportunities to be at a minimum 8-4, I'm not going to be thrilled about it. I'm just not. Again, apologies for what may seem like a Debbie Downer attitude, but I'm not happy with what we've being served these last few Sundays. And I don't know that this is THAT much better than the Wilks era. I'm glad that we're no longer suffering through those dark days, but KK makes me want to hurl a chair through a window. I can't stand him right now. This bus is hurtling down a hill with no brakes with him at the wheel. You wanna see an angry Philadelphian, watch if we lose to the Giants next week. My gracious.....