Kingsbury press conference after the game

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Goff didn’t have a pick 6 and fumble today.

because our defense sucks and he had all the time he needed to throw. Unlike Murray who was running for his life all day... but keep thinking the most talented guy on the roster is the problem, what a joke!

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
because our defense sucks and he had all the time he needed to throw. Unlike Murray who was running for his life all day... but keep thinking the most talented guy on the roster is the problem, what a joke!
Hail Murray fan boi. Bye.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some teams just have their number, the Rams have ours.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hail Murray fan boi. Bye.

yeah I’m a Cardinal fan so of course I’m a fan of the best QB this organization has EVER drafted! If we had the open receivers they had all day Murray would have killed them, but we have a HC that doesn’t know how to do that. Murray sure did his job when the TE broke open didn’t he? Funny how that works when guys get open. Not to mention some of the incredible passes he made later in the game like the Dhop TD! I get it your not a fan, you apparently think we would have been better with Rosen? Goofy posts simply saying he is the problem with this team is just ignorant, but you do you...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
how is this clear as day at this point? Kyler has shown special ability with his legs, but when that’s taken away, he hasn’t shown much as a QB. Whether that’s because of his own play or KK’s play calling is left to be seen, but as a straight up passer, jury is still wayyyyy out on him.
This is well stated. Kyler is a bit lost at this point and is struggling to execute the offense. If you want to blame his lack of development as a passer on Kliff, I think that is fair. But the play calling is nowhere near as horrid as people are claiming.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is well stated. Kyler is a bit lost at this point and is struggling to execute the offense. If you want to blame his lack of development as a passer on Kliff, I think that is fair. But the play calling is nowhere near as horrid as people are claiming.
Idk, it was pretty bad today. I gave Kliff more leeway than most the past couple weeks, but the fact we didn’t call hard pre-snap motion despite it working early in the game is alarming. That was Weeks 1-4 2019 playcalling.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Goff didn’t have a pick 6 and fumble today.

No, because Goff had a cakewalk game where his coach put him in position to make easy throws on rollouts and screens. Make him drop back with a collapsing pocket play after play and he will make mistakes.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Playcalling has been questioned all the time all year because it’s terribly inconsistent! It’s actually bad IMO for a so called offensive guru. Doesn’t adjust to what the defense is doing half the time which is why the O goes into anemic periods. Not very creative and definitely not the stellar offense we were led to believe he would bring!

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff

1. Uses no motion

2. Keeps deandare hopkins to oneside of the field

3. Refuses to run rollouts and leverage play action appropriately.

There is a reason why he was middling in college.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Idk, it was pretty bad today. I gave Kliff more leeway than most the past couple weeks, but the fact we didn’t call hard pre-snap motion despite it working early in the game is alarming. That was Weeks 1-4 2019 playcalling.
This is something that I would love to hear the reasoning behind it from Kliff. There has to be a reason he has not used motion as frequently as he did last year.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is something that I would love to hear the reasoning behind it from Kliff. There has to be a reason he has not used motion as frequently as he did last year.

I don't understand it either. If anything, it at least helps Kyler read the coverage presnap a little better. Plus, it also aided with all of those creative run plays which we saw last season, but have been rare this season. Even if they don't always work, you make the defense think.

We are too easy to defend right now. Pressure the crap out of Kyler and squat all over our too predictable short routes. Call lots of blitzes on run downs.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff: "We've got to go back and watch the tape..." Why? You were there, right? You should know what happened and how to make some adjustments. You're an NFL head coach. Sick of the "need to watch tape" answer.

Then a reporter asked him about going to DHop in the second half, Kliff said they made an effort to go to him to try and spark the offense...so the reporter asked the obvious question: "Couldn't you do that sooner?" Kliff stumbled through an answer like "Uh, yeah...I guess we could have..."

Ridiculous.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like did Kliff even call motion at all in the 2nd half???

Yeah that was weird we were all laughing at Andy running laps behind Kyler but the first TD came on a play where Andy did exactly that, and the route by D Hop got Arnold wide open.

We were trying to run the ball and I got that but the pre snap stuff helps the run game too.

The Rams are very good on D, Donald is so good you have to double him inside and then the outside guys are 1 on 1 and that killed us yesterday, but you have to scheme. How many screens did they run before we finally stuffed one, they ran more effective screens in this game than we've run in the last 2 years.

Teams don't think we're going to go deep, nobody fears the Rams will go deep either but they move people around so much that it creates lanes for the screens.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't understand it either. If anything, it at least helps Kyler read the coverage presnap a little better. Plus, it also aided with all of those creative run plays which we saw last season, but have been rare this season. Even if they don't always work, you make the defense think.

We are too easy to defend right now. Pressure the crap out of Kyler and squat all over our too predictable short routes. Call lots of blitzes on run downs.
Normally odd stuff like this on offense occurs because of QB preference. I have no reason to believe this is the reason we have reduced our pre-snap movement but it has to be something.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Normally odd stuff like this on offense occurs because of QB preference. I have no reason to believe this is the reason we have reduced our pre-snap movement but it has to be something.
Could it be that K1 has no idea if how to process that type of information? That is my guess, until he proves me wrong.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff: "We've got to go back and watch the tape..." Why? You were there, right? You should know what happened and how to make some adjustments. You're an NFL head coach. Sick of the "need to watch tape" answer.

Then a reporter asked him about going to DHop in the second half, Kliff said they made an effort to go to him to try and spark the offense...so the reporter asked the obvious question: "Couldn't you do that sooner?" Kliff stumbled through an answer like "Uh, yeah...I guess we could have..."

Ridiculous.

Good as gone, Kiem might follow him too

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Could it be that K1 has no idea if how to process that type of information? That is my guess, until he proves me wrong.

They use presnap motion in high school football to see if the defender is following for man or playing coverage

I highly doubt that is the issue.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Again, I don't know that this is on Kyler, but you tend to structure your pre-snap process to what you QB prefers. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause Kliff to do something less that he was having success with.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or maybe because our stupid Oline and players can’t stop having false start penalties so they are trying to simplify. That’s not a good thing but we seem to have committed less penalties against ourselves yesterday. But comes down to coaching these fools should be able to motion all over and not move until the snap count basic freaking football!

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
It's a press conference, dude. Have you ever heard a Bill Belichick presser? Coaches generally don't say much, except for BA who pretty much publicly threw TB under the bus which has caused a bunch of grief in Tampa, and who publicly called Justin Bethel a failure in progress. I'd prefer a coach who saves that stuff for the locker room. You generally aren't going to hear much substance during a press conference.
Dude
The patriots win
We lose
Get it ???
Or do i have to spell it out for you?