The Cards may not win another game this season.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I think they beat the Eagles but I wouldn’t bet on it.

AZCats

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, that isn't that bad of news. Maybe they can get themselves a QB. They need one.

AZCats

Veteran
Reaction score
Murray cannot read a defense to save his life.
Yep. And to make things worse, teams finally have enough game film on him that they can finally figure out how to defend him. That is the problem with QBs like Murray. Once teams figure out how to contain the scrambling QB, the QB has not much else to rely on. Murray is not a pocket passer. So now he has nothing else. This is why back when they drafted him I hated the pick. I will always take the non-athletic QB who can be clocked with a sun dial but can play in the pocket with ease over the super athletic QB. Once you contain that athleticism it is over. We have seen it time and time again with QBS like Murray.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Kyler is turning into a mediocre QB people may be bad but it’s warranted at this point. Can’t lead an offense, can’t throw in the middle of the field due to batted passes, can’t read a defense, bad ball security, etc. This team is turning extremely unlikeable and it’s a problem MB has to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray has not proven anything besides being a talented, albeit unwilling runner and a pretty good deep ball thrower. He looks the same from college. Has not learned how to read a defense and his leadership skills are lacking. Allows one mistake to shift momentum. Wears it on his sleeve.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray cannot read a defense to save his life.

Even if this were true, which I dont believe it is, there are ways that the offensive scheming and coaching can help him out. They can scheme players open in space like McVay did to us on every drive. They can use motion to help the quarterback determine whether he is facing zone or man coverage. They can use rollouts to create easy completions crossing the field. They can use play action to keep the defenders from pinning their ears back and rushing upfield.

We do none of that. None. Zero.

Kliff is asking Kyler to drop straight back on every play and beat the Rams, who have a great pass rush and are getting to him very quickly. Of course Kyler is eventually going to start making mistakes.

Think about what Goff was asked to do for his team today vs what Kyler was asked to do. It's a night and day difference. Kliff is going to ruin Kyler by not helping him and forcing him to do everything on his own. You can win games that way but it's not a sustainable recipe for success.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
They will win 3 more. Hopefully 9-7 is good enough to get us in.
Man I hope you're right, but right now I don't see it. First order of business is to get vance scrubbing toilets and let someone else call the defense. At least the team would be getting something of value from him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I hope you're right, but right now I don't see it. First order of business is to get vance scrubbing toilets and let someone else call the defense. At least the team would be getting something of value from him.

you’re going to let the same guy who hired Wilks, McCoy and Vance Johnson himself hire another coordinator or coach, huh? At what point does the person hiring repeated massive failures finally take the blame for failure himself?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
you’re going to let the same guy who hired Wilks, McCoy and Vance Johnson himself hire another coordinator or coach, huh? At what point does the person hiring repeated massive failures finally take the blame for failure himself?
I not letting him hire anybody. Michael will decide who hires a new DC next year. My guess would be by now KK would get a chance to hire his guy.