2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For some reason, I find this comical. It really sheds light on this guy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn’t do it even if he played like he did on OKC, and that’s said as someone who’s girlfriend was piped by Ayton.

his upside and ability to give us a dynamic inside out game that would allow us to play a multitude of styles depending on matchups or allow us to impose our will on other teams if he develops is still too great of a possibility to give up.

this team has potentially GREAT balance with an inside out game and lots of shooters.

no way I’d give that up for a orimadonna who I think is past his primed like Paul George.

Ayton took your girl?

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh man. That is not going to help Ayton. Wonder why he is passive some nights?
Ya, think Paul is going to just let Ayton blaze away before a game. Paul seems the type to say “ Hey, get blazed up on your own time, but when you step on my court you better be sober!”

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't even want to think about Dallas. They will definitely attract some good players with Doncic. I was really upset when Porzingis went there. Now it's looking like that may not work out as expected.

I'm hoping the Suns can keep their group together long enough to compete for a championship but the West is loaded. Maybe they take the next step forward when Chris Paul's contract expires.
Donic is a great player and a exceptional talent but I just feel he is Melo. Come playoff time I don’t see it working out.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn’t do it even if he played like he did on OKC, and that’s said as someone who’s girlfriend was piped by Ayton.

his upside and ability to give us a dynamic inside out game that would allow us to play a multitude of styles depending on matchups or allow us to impose our will on other teams if he develops is still too great of a possibility to give up.

this team has potentially GREAT balance with an inside out game and lots of shooters.

no way I’d give that up for a orimadonna who I think is past his primed like Paul George.
Wait what, Ayton took your girl for a ride. What???? I hope this is a figure of speach that I’m not comprehending.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donic is a great player and a exceptional talent but I just feel he is Melo. Come playoff time I don’t see it working out.

I'm not quite sure what "Melo" means. He is definitely not like Carmelo Anthony.

If Dallas gets a better supporting cast for Doncic they will be hard to beat. He can almost carry the Mavericks by himself. If Porzingis were 100% healthy, that would almost be enough.

I consider Doncic an elite player that should be even better in the playoffs. He simply needs help so teams can't concentrate so much attention towards him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what "Melo" means. He is definitely not like Carmelo Anthony.

If Dallas gets a better supporting cast for Doncic they will be hard to beat. He can almost carry the Mavericks by himself. If Porzingis were 100% healthy, that would almost be enough.

Not in the playoffs.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don’t even see where Paul would fit into the team to be honest. Though the front court would be scary on the defensive end.
The dude has no connections, probably read it on some message board throwing out trade ideas.

Trade makes no sense for Clippers. Suns would have to send out way more to make money work.

Paul George fits in incredibly well on the Suns, of course. Elite well-rounded big defensive stalwarts fit very well next to Booker. Center would be a hole, but lol centers obviously. Paul/Booker/George/Crowder starting 4 with a trash can at 5 wins all the games.

Paul/Booker/Bridges/Crowder/George death line up would destroy worlds.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We have a legit big three depending on Aytons progress. Not many teams in the league do.

The thing about our big three is that those three have complementary games.

What are the big three of other teams?

1. LeBron/Davis/X (who cares)
2. Durant/Irving/LeVert
3. Kawhi/George/X (who cares)
4. Giannis/Middleton/Jrue
5. Jokic/Murray/MPJ
6. Embiid/Simmons/Harris
7. Bam/Jimmy/Dragic

Then maybe us?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't even want to think about Dallas. They will definitely attract some good players with Doncic. I was really upset when Porzingis went there. Now it's looking like that may not work out as expected.

I'm hoping the Suns can keep their group together long enough to compete for a championship but the West is loaded. Maybe they take the next step forward when Chris Paul's contract expires.

Porzingis didn’t “go” there in any voluntary sense. He was traded.

The Suns need to hope Paul stays healthy after 2022, so they can extend him for cheap and recruit cheap vets when hopefully Ayton deserves a max.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

lol endowment bias

1st team all nba perfect fit next to Booker but NAH ILL KEEP OUR maybe an all star in 3 years guy?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

What the heck. For starters, Doncic is already miles better than Melo ever was? Secondly he’s 21?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton took your girl?

Wait what, Ayton took your girl for a ride. What???? I hope this is a figure of speach that I’m not comprehending.

lol... it’s a callback to the summer when apparently, if my issues with Ayton must have been because he screwed my girlfriend.

not because he didn’t play well in the bubble, put the team in a hole for the first 25 games or then almost miss the final bubble game where we still had a shot at the playoffs.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol endowment bias

1st team all nba perfect fit next to Booker but NAH ILL KEEP OUR maybe an all star in 3 years guy?

ive never been that impressed with George as a “superstar”.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2. Durant/Irving/LeVert
5. Jokic/Murray/MPJ
6. Embiid/Simmons/Harris
7. Bam/Jimmy/Dragic

Then maybe us?

that looks about right.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then it’s a good thing he would be the #3 option on offense on a team with CP and DB.

I just think we’d be so small to compete with the big boys. Ayton progressing this season gives me hope that if CP3 stays healthy, we have the inside out game to run with anyone.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
2. Durant/Irving/LeVert
5. Jokic/Murray/MPJ
6. Embiid/Simmons/Harris
7. Bam/Jimmy/Dragic

Then maybe us?
That's probably right, but you don't include the Lakers or Clippers, because this is about Big 3s not Big 2s.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose