Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan

·
33m

Charlie Morton is in agreement on a one-year, $15 million deal with Atlanta, sources tell ESPN. He's headed back to the team that drafted him in 2002 -- and gets the same money that Tampa Bay turned down when it declined its club option last months.
@Feinsand
had details first.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
My former wife was from Dubuque, so we made it a point to visit Dyersville and the Field of Dreams,
my favorite baseball movie (for personal reasons -- "Dad, do you want to have a catch?").

It wasn't the season for corn in the outfield, so I pretended to push them aside as I walked through.
There was a light rain all day, so there couldn't be an exhibition game.

Unfortunately, two American League teams will be playing the game next August, so I'll have no one
to root for. Oh well! I'll root for the ball park. :cool:

"If you build it, they will come!"

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman

·
44m

Lance Lynn is available in trade again. One of the most dependable and excellent starters in AL last couple years, he’ll make a bargain $8M in 2021 and is a free agent after that.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman

·
1h

James McCann has received interest from the Yanks, Mets, Cardinals and Angels in addition to the White Sox. Phillies also believed interested if they lose Realmuto. McCann is coming into his own with a 144 OPS plus last year. White Sox like him, but realistically, he’s a starter.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale

·
1h

Veteran reliever Jacob Barnes, who was eligible for salary arbitration, signs a one-year, $750,000 contract with $100,000 in incentives with the #Mets. He was claimed by the Mets on waivers in October. The deadline is 8 p.m. Wednesday for teams to tender contracts to players.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman

·
1h

Kris Bryant is a target of the Nats, but Nats are determined to keep young pitchers Rutledge and Cavalli. As I just said on @MLBNetwork
despite speculation Bryant will indeed be tendered a contract by Cubs on tender/nontender day Wednesday. Other teams that fit KB: Mets, SF, Tor

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman

·
3m

There will be many players nontendered tomorrow, and big names. But Kris Bryant will not be one of them. Chance longtime teammates Kyle Schwarber and/or Albert Almora are among many MLB nontenders, but Cubs see KB’s .889 career OPS. They will consider trades for KB though.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Reds cut Bradley, Goodwin, Casali; agree to deal with Farmer

CINCINNATI (AP) -- The Cincinnati Reds declined to offer contracts to four players for the 2021 season, including reliever Archie Bradley, catcher Curt Casali and outfielder Brian Goodwin.

The team also announced on Wednesday that it had agreed to a one-year major league deal with infielder Kyle Farmer, who gets $640,000 while in the major leagues and $175,000 while in the minors.

Bradley and Goodwin were both acquired in midseason trades as the Reds made a push for the playoffs. The right-handed Bradley, 28, came over from the Diamondbacks and pitched well in his six regular-season appearances with Cincinnati, giving up just one run over 7 1/3 innings. He allowed the deciding run in Game 1 of the team's NL wild-card series against the Braves, which Atlanta won 1-0 in 13 innings.
https://sports.yahoo.com/reds-cut-bradley-goodwin-casali-agree-deal-farmer-170526475--mlb.html