2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you think you know more?

I agree with him. The West got a lot better and Harden can't lead Houston anywhere on his own. I think they flame out without D'Antoni. Without Russ also that makes Wall important because Houston barely has a starting 5. They will struggle to look like the Suns after Amare left, when they should have dealt Nash but kept him too long without any legit help.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is an indictment on Harden being impossible to play with. They keep replacing backcourt partners trying to see if it sticks. Wall relies on athleticism/burst and he’s got **** knees and achilles.

This is good for the Suns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For me personally I prefer basketball skill over athleticism. I obviously don't speak for everyone, but I would imagine well over 10% of basketball fans see it the same way as I do.
10% was a bit of hyperbole. But the truth is, there’s a legit reason they chose Zion over cp3 and book. Ratings tend not to lie.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Washington is not favored to get a playoff spot. They were garbage last year (worse than Chicago and Detroit in SRS), Atlanta got much better, and Orlando was leagues beyond them. RWB is worth a few wins, maybe 5 max.

The top7 is locked in.
Orlando is considerably weakened

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
But unfortunately the timing coordinates perfectly for them to pair Booker with Anthony Davis...
He doesn’t seem like a player the Lakers would pursue. And vice versa.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. The Windbag on ESPN got a little run out of it. If they cleared everyone else out could they sign GIANNIS? Can’t check right now myself?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
who would OKC want that they would be willing to part with those picks. They are looking to add picks at this stage

Somebody good and relatively young - that is the whole reason they are stockpiling picks.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Players testing positive for Corona this year will have an impact on wins/losses. We've already seen the Warriors have 2 guys delay things. It will continue all season, as long as there is no bubble any longer.

Hopefully Ayton doesn't do anything this year, even in the bubble he almost missed a game i think due to lack of testing.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ayton is highly likely to get COVID (I would suspect he and at least one other guy will
get it over Christmas). It will be interesting to see how vaccine priority works for professional athletes. My own opinion is that the vaccines should be available to non-priority groups from a medical perspective (professional athletes) as long as they’re willing to pay a massive premium ($1,000 or something) that can be put into a fund to improve vaccine distribution for more deserving groups.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is highly likely to get COVID (I would suspect he and at least one other guy will
get it over Christmas). It will be interesting to see how vaccine priority works for professional athletes. My own opinion is that the vaccines should be available to non-priority groups from a medical perspective (professional athletes) as long as they’re willing to pay a massive premium ($1,000 or something) that can be put into a fund to improve vaccine distribution for more deserving groups.
Yeah... I won’t be surprised if Ayton catches the rona and is out for a couple weeks or ten days this season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... I won’t be surprised if Ayton catches the rona and is out for a couple weeks or ten days this season.

I’d be surprised if he goes the full season without anything stupid happening.

I really hope he matures

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is targeting March 25th, 2021 for trade deadline and the All-Star Break March 5-10.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone know if the AD and LeBron contracts have any PO's? If they can both opt out next year, then the Giannis to LA thing is still in play.

Also. CP3 has a PO for next summer. Theoretically, he could opt out, take a longer deal for less per year and make room for a signing of some sort. If he was going to go for it all and try to win a championship . . . who knows. Opt out of a $44 million one year deal for a $66 million three year deal? Not bad coin to be making at 38. That gives the team $22 million extra to work with. They could move Saric for another $9 million. There is some flexibility. But I do like the team as is.

Its and interesting list of free agents.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2021/

Last edited: