OT: Anyone see Nate Robinson get knocked out Sat night?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Snoop Dog: “You play basketball, you can play football. You can't play boxing.”

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nate Robinson looked like he could still be playing basketball. Personally I'm not a fan of boxing so I hate to see him in the ring.

IMO, music and boxing doesn't mix.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nate Robinson looked like he could still be playing basketball. Personally I'm not a fan of boxing so I hate to see him in the ring.

IMO, music and boxing doesn't mix.
I agree about the music. Changed it to a better link.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about the music. Changed it to a better link.

Much, much better. Some of those scouting videos for the draft with music playing in the background drove me bananas.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nate was just too aggressive and reckless. He did not let the fight come to him at all, was going for the one hit knockout. Same move after same move, set himself up to get knocked out like that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nate was just too aggressive and reckless. He did not let the fight come to him at all, was going for the one hit knockout. Same move after same move, set himself up to get knocked out like that.

Nate went at boxing the same way he played basketball playing fast and aggressive. I hope he gives up boxing as I want to remember him as an NBA player.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it on Monday. It was pretty bad. I blame the ref letting him continue after the 2nd knockdown. You could tell he wasn't right anymore.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we are talking about that card, that was a symbolic draw between Roy Jones and Tyson. Tyson won at least 6 of those 8 rounds. That scoring was Russian Olympic judge bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nate got Ivan Drago'd. that was brutal.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of guys come into the gym and think they can fight. Boxing is a whole different world.

feet crossed, off balance, chin way up in the air coming in fast and face first lol.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of guys come into the gym and think they can fight. Boxing is a whole different world.

feet crossed, off balance, chin way up in the air coming in fast and face first lol.
Same here when a boxer walks into an MMA gym. There is no chance in hell you will be able to compete. Its two different things. If Connor and Floyd fought MMA it would be over in seconds. Stay in your lane.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guess where Jake learned to box...youtube...bah dum tssh

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same here when a boxer walks into an MMA gym. There is no chance in hell you will be able to compete. Its two different things. If Connor and Floyd fought MMA it would be over in seconds. Stay in your lane.

the difference is MMA and Boxing are at least comparable.

there is nothing in basketball that’s going to prepare you to be in any ring. Might as well been an Olympic swimmer getting in the ring.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Same guy is fighting Floyd now. Knowing Mayweather he’s probably going to take it easy on him like he did McGregor for a second payday opportunity.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I believe that Jake Paul guy has been training MMA for a couple of years now is considered pretty decent. Robinson was set up for failure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose