Three Things

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. The QB Sneak-I've seen many games where a non-athletic Tom Brady was able to pick up a first down with this play. We've had so many recent 3rd or 4th and inches where we never even tried this play, and with Kyler's size, I understand that. However, every week we make Streveler active and most times never use him. I think we should try him with a QB sneak.
2. Our kick/punt returners have to be the worst in the NFL. Edmonds and Kirk are good at their day jobs, but terrible in their Special jobs. And now our coverage teams aren't playing well.
3. Is it just me or are the NE Patriots good at tackling? Once they get their hands on you, you don't break loose.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Russell Wilson and Drew Brees at their small size all run QB sneaks at their size. Even Tua sealed the game against us running one. His size excuse is BS. If he’s tall enough to see and throw the ball, he’s tall enough to fall forward for a yard.

Edmonds is a decent kick returner and has been close to break a few, but Kirk as a punt returner is awful. He catches the ball and he’s afraid to run.

Bill Belicheck is a defensive minded coach and his team is always the most disciplined and best tackling team. That’s why Cam Newton, Matt Cassel, and Tom Brady(early in his career) can win games with below average games.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok with Edmonds. Kirk is a joke. He will lose yards most times.
Lining up in the shotgun on 4th and inches gives the D a huge advantage. We need to hit the line quick with our runs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
1. The QB Sneak-I've seen many games where a non-athletic Tom Brady was able to pick up a first down with this play. We've had so many recent 3rd or 4th and inches where we never even tried this play, and with Kyler's size, I understand that. However, every week we make Streveler active and most times never use him. I think we should try him with a QB sneak.
2. Our kick/punt returners have to be the worst in the NFL. Edmonds and Kirk are good at their day jobs, but terrible in their Special jobs. And now our coverage teams aren't playing well.
3. Is it just me or are the NE Patriots good at tackling? Once they get their hands on you, you don't break loose.
1. Agreed. If you don’t use streveler there, why does he have a roster spot?
2. Worst returners in nfl. Miss pharaoh Cooper.
3. Are they that good, or just compared to our poor arm tacklers or no-wrap bangers?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We haven't had a good one for at least a decade, probably longer.

i thought Pharoa Cooper did a decent job returning punts last year. Never understood why we didn’t bring him back. Kirk is flat out ATROCIOUS as a punt returner. He dances, runs lateral and has zero vision whatsoever.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

they deflated the cardinals bodies for better grip

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sad to see Kirk peaked as a returner literally his NFL debut.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
i thought Pharoa Cooper did a decent job returning punts last year. Never understood why we didn’t bring him back. Kirk is flat out ATROCIOUS as a punt returner. He dances, runs lateral and has zero vision whatsoever.
He also had more reliable hands than Isabella too :)

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well what I don’t understand. Why not use Drake on the jump over the line. Or have Kyler take it and just up over and get the ball across. Running head first into a wall makes no sense. But jumping over the line is very difficult to stop because it takes the defense knowing it’s coming and multiple players to be there. It is so hard to stop

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heck if Dhop can put jump everyone. Hand the ball to him and let him sky dive over the top. Sweetness scored like that probably 40 times.

Reaction score
Well what I don’t understand. Why not use Drake on the jump over the line. Or have Kyler take it and just up over and get the ball across. Running head first into a wall makes no sense. But jumping over the line is very difficult to stop because it takes the defense knowing it’s coming and multiple players to be there. It is so hard to stop

Why don't they have the O-linemen pick up Kyler & throw him over the D-line into the end zone? :shrug:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

running a shotgun from the 2 inch line doesn't make much sense either.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Care to elaborate on the reason?
All I have is speculation and a little coaching experience, no inside info here. Sorry if that response implied I did. As a coach there are always reasons you utilize or don't utilize certain players in certain roles or for certain plays. Player comfort, player capabilities and player safety are the most common driving factors. My guess is that we do not implement the QB sneak with Kyler for one or more than one of those reasons.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He also had more reliable hands than Isabella too :)
You saw everything you need to know about his hands on that floater. He saved a turnover but had to catch the ball with his lap. That was frightening and just weird. That’s how a 5 year old catches.