SF playing in AZ

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What benefit does the Cardinals get?

So many other options. Must be a reason.

I am guessing they get more money than letting fans in. What a royal screwjob by the team. Hey we aren't gonna let any fans in (where there was no spread) but lets let a whole other NFL team (and team spread of course has all happened outside of game day) set up shop - a division rival no less.

So yeah, if I had to guess, Michael is channeling his daddy on this decision.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's for the good of the NFL. Imagine the blowback if Cardinals refused. I can't even imagine the Cards hesitated in agreeing. Until a decision is made about practice, I would assume the 9ers will use some other facility for practice and meetings.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We play them on Saturday as part of triple header. Im guessing Bidwill got another prime time slot out of NFL for helping them out.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We play them on Saturday as part of triple header. Im guessing Bidwill got another prime time slot out of NFL for helping them out.

Wouldn't that be a network decision? The NCAA is running out of matchups for Saturday broadcasts so maybe that was a network choice.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's for the good of the NFL. Imagine the blowback if Cardinals refused. I can't even imagine the Cards hesitated in agreeing. Until a decision is made about practice, I would assume the 9ers will use some other facility for practice and meetings.

There's 31 other teams. I have grown tired of the "its for the common good" while I watch businesses close all around me. Sorry, that line is no longer of any effect on me. There's other ways to go about things aside from giving a division opponent aid when there are 31 other places they could find to play PLUS who knows how many college stadiums or other empty stadiums that could be options.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be a network decision? The NCAA is running out of matchups for Saturday broadcasts so maybe that was a network choice.
Games only on Amazon Prime & Twitch for non local fans. Roger getting some of that Bezos money

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's 31 other teams. I have grown tired of the "its for the common good" while I watch businesses close all around me. Sorry, that line is no longer of any effect on me. There's other ways to go about things aside from giving a division opponent aid when there are 31 other places they could find to play PLUS who knows how many college stadiums or other empty stadiums that could be options.

Which of the other 31 ( actually 30 ) would be a better choice? The NFL is a corporation and the teams are franchises so the greater good ( which is not the term I used ) seems appropriate and fair. AZ is a 2 hour flight away from SF.

OP
OP
cardpa

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I was kind of surprised they didn't just make the Niners play road games for their home weeks. Would have made the most sense to me. As it is playing in AZ is no different than playing a road game for them unless they are trying to appease the Niner fans.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Which of the other 31 ( actually 30 ) would be a better choice? The NFL is a corporation and the teams are franchises so the greater good ( which is not the term I used ) seems appropriate and fair. AZ is a 2 hour flight away from SF.

Las Vegas is closer to them.

Anyone asymptomatic want to go hang out at their hotel? ;)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I just realized that their logo will be painted on our field. Sickening.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
So they move from Santa Clara to Maricopa county where the Covid is twice as bad. Yeah, makes sense.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Sorry but I just don’t see it as that big a deal.
How about this...

For a home game (road for them) that we absolutely must win, they will have recent experience in our house, in our facilities and locker rooms, and weeks of practice on our turf.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, it's only available on Amazon Prime and Twitch, so Bidwill didn't do very good, of that was the plan. I bet Bidwill would have done better, if given a chance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk