Should KK be on the Hot Seat??

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably not, but I do have serious concerns on his play calling lately. He seem to be out-coached by the experienced Defensive Coordinators in the league. It also appears that he doesn't have the team ready to play. We have had lots of injuries to key defensive players and the coronavirus has impacted us along with all of the NFL. He should get and will get another year with the Cards but I would like to see some spark in the team in the last 5 games. I also think they should cut Kicker Gonzales to show the team that poor performance is not acceptable.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Personally I think he is a net negative to the development of Kyler.

I'd fire him this week to be honest but I don't run a football team.

@BritCard had a great post that highlighted it but kliff is an unimaginative play caller with a fairly simple scheme and the inability to install wrinkles like motion and pre snap hot reads.

On top of it all, his team is undisciplined and poorly coached at all 3 phases fairly consistently at one point or another during a game.

I really don't see value holding on to him if he cannot develop Kyler murray because everything else about his coaching is trash

Nice guy, but horrible head coach

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No one is happy right now, and I'm sure that includes Bidwill & Keim. But, there is no way KK is on the hot seat right now. If we lose out, that seat will no doubt be a hot one, but even then, KK will be back for a 3rd season. If we're not a playoff team in year 3, KK will be gone. Other than Wilks (train wreck in capital letters), that has been how MB operates.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not now not unless you have Bienemy or someone like Lincoln Riley lined up to replace him and we don't. It sucks but they made a call to go with him and part of that IMO was knowing he was going to be learning on the job due to lack of NFL experience. i thought he showed last year he was flexible, switching from 4 Wr sets to multiple TE sets when he figured out they couldn't protect Kyler in the 4 WR sets.

He has to adjust again, we can't be stuck in the mud when Kyler can't run, there has to be more to the offense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s really folly to believe that you can replace Kingsbury with a league average NFL coach — even an offensive coach — and get better results than we’re getting.

if the Pats were in the NFC they’d be a playoff team. We’re in too many one-score games, but that’s kinda what happens when your entire defensive line implodes.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s really folly to believe that you can replace Kingsbury with a league average NFL coach — even an offensive coach — and get better results than we’re getting.

if the Pats were in the NFC they’d be a playoff team. We’re in too many one-score games, but that’s kinda what happens when your entire defensive line implodes.

While I think it might be premature to talk about firing KK - The pats are not a playoff team anywhere.

You realize Cam had the worst game of his career, and the worst game of any starting qb all season, and we managed to lose.

The patriots offense is abysmal.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If your supposed high powered offense can't beat a qb who was never a great thrower who is on the down slope of his career and had the worst game of his career.......

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last few weeks we seem to move the ball but we can't close and we don't play with urgency until we are behind

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hes not on the hotseat this year to actually be fired. He is coming back next year no matter what IMO...but hes on the hotseat to lose his "genius" title and be in the firing conversation next year if the team doesnt perform.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. If we finish this season poorly and have a bad start next season he will be in trouble.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Kinda tough to pin yesterday’s loss on the defensive line when they gave up less than 100 yards rushing, less than 21 points, and gifted the offense field position for their first TD.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's face it. This is a .500 team right now. If not for a lucky chuck at the end of a game and phenomenal catch the team is at .500. Kliff has a losing record in college and has a losing record in the NFL. Why people are so enamored with this guy as a head coach I don't get. I said when we hired him give him a chance. He is now in his second season and I don't see anything indicating he is going to be anything but a losing coach. Maybe he turns it around. I hope so. I still think he should have been a coordinator at this level BEFORE given a HC job. His record so far supports that.

IMO if he doesn't turn it around? He shouldn't get a 3rd season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kinda tough to pin yesterday’s loss on the defensive line when they gave up less than 100 yards rushing, less than 21 points, and gifted the offense field position for their first TD.

I'm not really trying to pin the loss on anyone. I think that Kingsbury created a game plan that was designed to hold onto the ball, create extended drives, and keep the Pats offense off the field. For the most part that worked -- we had nearly 10 minutes' greater TOP.

I think this highlighted how dependent this offense can be on Kyler being 100%. Kyler and Kliff share the blame for that, because I don't think Kyler likes playing through adversity very much, and I think that Kliff is extremely focused on the long-term development of Murray, which has cost us 2-4 wins over the last two years.

Teams aren't afraid of Murray playing from the pocket yet. And for good reason, because Murray hasn't shown that he can beat teams from the pocket when his body is in Week 11 condition.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He should have never been hired in the first place, but no, he's not on the hot seat yet.

We'll give him another year because of how unprecedented Covid has been. No, we haven't lost a guy to Covid yet, but things like bringing in healthy DBs and DLs have been really difficult with the waiting period.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Exactly! Tons of teams are dealing with injuries, and still winning! I see Zach Allen/Devon Kennard, who are allegedly starters, and Marcus Golden/Peko playing ok.

This team has shown what it is - poorly coached, undisciplined, and completely lacking in execution. It's incredibly frustrating to see less talented teams (NE/Miami/Carolina) beat the Cardinals because they play with discipline and avoid catastrophic errors.

Kyler isn't to the point where he can bail the team out every week, and that seems to be the only plan we have.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, but if it’s same time next year, with same up and down results then I might have a different answer

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
He should have never been hired in the first place, but no, he's not on the hot seat yet.

If you don't hire KK, you don't have K1.

Josh Rosen would still be sucking it up and we would all be upset about not having a QBOF.

Jeez people.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If Zane Gonzales could make 40 yard field goals we may be 8-3. This thread is trash.
Or if the coach didn’t lay up and play for long field goal attempts by a poor clutch kicker we could be 8-3. But kliff has shown his cards . . . repeatedly. And he’s content to hold a likely losing hand.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should be, but we all know the Cardinals take too long to figure things out have since they’ve been in Arizona! We will waste KM rookie deal with KK hopefully he can learn as we know the brass doesn’t have the stones to make a change!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
No one is happy right now, and I'm sure that includes Bidwill & Keim. But, there is no way KK is on the hot seat right now. If we lose out, that seat will no doubt be a hot one, but even then, KK will be back for a 3rd season. If we're not a playoff team in year 3, KK will be gone. Other than Wilks (train wreck in capital letters), that has been how MB operates.
If they miss the plaoffs in an expanded year with the talent to do it (and failure to win close games) he absolutely needs to feel the heat.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

But the defense isn't really the problem right now. I have to begrudgingly admit Vance has done an adequate job with the bad hands dealt on the D-Line. I am not saying it's been great, but realative to the hand dealt its been okay. The offense has been a larger problem the past couple of weeks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose