Kingsbury, The World’s Only 17 Point Offensive Genius

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This thread is horrendous....a last second FG loss has you all jumping off the ship. Just remember a few short years ago you had Wilks and Bradford. Life is good right now lol just wow some of the stuff posted
That is three out of four losses. Every one should be on the edge. Their energy, offensive output, on game lapses in the last few games is horrendous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Losing 3 of 4 (and likely should’ve lost the four) will do that to you. Particularly when you continue to lose for the same reasons. If you’re not unhappy at this juncture somethings wrong with you as a sports fan.
So there's something wrong because I'm not unhappy...I'm not a sports fan? I'm all for free speech on this board but that's uncalled for...I've seen lots of bad Cardinals football this is not one of those times. Very happy with my team

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Great post Harry! Yep I was against the Kliff hiring as well & openly voice my displeasure with game management & situational football decisions on that day.

If the goal is to win a Super Bowl, Kingsbury will never be the guy to do it as HC. If I was hiring my top 2 choices would be Lincoln Riley & Eric Bieniemy

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have no clue why Drake didn't just leap into the air & over the goal line? It would've been a TD with ease. Instead, he takes the guy head on when he clearly had the hole plugged.
Why make it interesting when you can keep it boring!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So there's something wrong because I'm not unhappy...I'm not a sports fan? I'm all for free speech on this board but that's uncalled for...I've seen lots of bad Cardinals football this is not one of those times. Very happy with my team
Okay, I don’t get it. But you be you. Personally I’m disgusted with losing 3 very winnable games out of four.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have no clue why Drake didn't just leap into the air & over the goal line? It would've been a TD with ease. Instead, he takes the guy head on when he clearly had the hole plugged.
Our guys bowled into the endzone when it’s one-on-one. Drake must have a false sense of his own strength from practice.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Great post Harry! Yep I was against the Kliff hiring as well & openly voice my displeasure with game management & situational football decisions on that day.

If the goal is to win a Super Bowl, Kingsbury will never be the guy to do it as HC. If I was hiring my top 2 choices would be Lincoln Riley & Eric Bieniemy
Bieniemy wants nothing to do with our franchise, sadly.

As to the topic here, I'm not going to harp too much on what happened today. Everyone knows I don't think Kliff is a good coach, and this team isn't on a championship path. He makes poor choices, and even worse, he makes poor choices when they count.

The injuries suck. Not his fault. But game management is.

Anyone still convinced we can't possibly be caught up to by the 49ers or Vikings for that last seed?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
What makes you say EB wants nothing to do with Big Red? Curious

As to the topic here, I'm not going to harp too much on what happened today. Everyone knows I don't think Kliff is a good coach, and this team isn't on a championship path. He makes poor choices, and even worse, he makes poor choices when they count.

Anyone still convinced we can't possibly be caught up to by the 49ers or Vikings for that last seed?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Its cool man, I get what you're saying to a degree. Things could always be worse, but that is the kind of attitude we have had in AZ since 88. We have never had sustained success, and its because from the bottom up we seem ok with "as long as were not a laughing stock anymore we should be happy". I don't want to be in the bottom of the league with Cincy, Cleveland, Miami, Jacksonville, Jets, etc. Those are teams that have the same mindset. You are already seeing Cleveland and Miami start to push for something more.

The best, and most justifiable reason to be upset with your team is when they make dumb, correctable mistakes and shoot themselves in the foot. You can only get so angry about losing....every team is capable in the nfl....but you can and I would argue SHOULD get mad when a team is choking away games and playing well below their potential.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The Rosen move actually sets the precedent...
Keim's gut was better too soon than too late and he moved on. Unless we win 10 games anything is possible..

Cause what if next offseason is the time to get a high profile coaching candidate?

I think its important for Kliff gives us the confidence he's not a Matt Nagy level coach.

FWIW, I'm still hoping and rooting for Kliff to be the guy though. I'd rather root for us shocking the world instead of having questions.

Got more in the cupboard with Murray and Hopkins than during those days.

I think he's headed to the Texans or Chargers though.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Its cool man, I get what you're saying to a degree. Things could always be worse, but that is the kind of attitude we have had in AZ since 88. We have never had sustained success, and its because from the bottom up we seem ok with "as long as were not a laughing stock anymore we should be happy". I don't want to be in the bottom of the league with Cincy, Cleveland, Miami, Jacksonville, Jets, etc. Those are teams that have the same mindset. You are already seeing Cleveland and Miami start to push for something more.

The best, and most justifiable reason to be upset with your team is when they make dumb, correctable mistakes and shoot themselves in the foot. You can only get so angry about losing....every team is capable in the nfl....but you can and I would argue SHOULD get mad when a team is choking away games and playing well below their potential.
I want to like this 3000. Mediocrity with some tantalizing hope is almost worse than being outright bad.

Does anyone have real confidence about our upcoming games?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Got more in the cupboard with Murray and Hopkins than during those days.

I think he's headed to the Texans or Chargers though.
I dunno, maybe man. I personally don't refuse any interview I can make time for, as long as they're a lateral or advancing move. If EB showed up and felt like he wasn't a fit for the team, I might feel different. But he just straight up refused us. That year he accepted interviews with the Jets, Bucs, Bengals, and Dolphins. Did any of them have preferable assets?

This comes back to my doubts about Keim. I think there's something we might not all be privy to.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I want to like this 3000. Mediocrity with some tantalizing hope is almost worse than being outright bad.

Does anyone have real confidence about our upcoming games?

I dont have any confidence about our season...AT BEST we are a one and done wildcard team. We might not even make the playoffs though. We are spiraling right now...but I think we have shown we are not a top 4-6 team in the NFL, so we are not making noise in the playoffs.

My biggest problem is that I will not have any confidence in this team until they prove they have become a mentally disciplined team. Right now this team has earned the reputation under KK and KM that they will play down to opponents, make dumb penalties, and find ways to lose vs the opposite. In my mind, if we are in a close/important game...I will default to thinking we will find a way to lose...instead of being confident we will pull it out.

I hope KK and KM will change this, but Im just not sure this is the group to do it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno, maybe man. I personally don't refuse any interview I can make time for, as long as they're a lateral or advancing move. If EB showed up and felt like he wasn't a fit for the team, I might feel different. But he just straight up refused us. That year he accepted interviews with the Jets, Bucs, Bengals, and Dolphins. Did any of them have preferable assets?

This comes back to my doubts about Keim. I think there's something we might not all be privy to.

you mean besides the fact that he’s a blowhard alcoholic who hasn’t put a winning team on the field in 5 years?

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
I'm betting Kliff Kingsbury names all his dogs "Spot". Starts every poem with "Roses are red". He likes his bagels plain. Probably drives the most commonly bought car in America. When he gets ice cream he orders 2 scoops of bland.

I admit it. When I first heard we hired Kingsbury I was not quite sold. He seemed unattractive. He lacked intelligence and imagination. He was missing the spark you look for in a offensive guru. But then I look into Kingsbury's eyes, and he reminded me of my sweet brother, Chio. For those who do not know, Chio is learning disabled and lives in a group home. But Chio loves khao and that’s when I realized, Kingsbury is khao.

Khao is soft white rice in lukewarm water. It has no taste. Befitted to small babies and very old people. It is nourishment that everyone can digest. The world needs khao, just as the NFL defenses need the play-callers like Kliff Kingsbury.

Between the Cards blowing that game, and various painful wagering losses, this was the first chuckle I had all day. Imagine playing for a 45 yard Zane FG attempt like it was a sure thing? Ugh.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Fair. Would any coach with options want to deal with Keim...hmm

I also think Wilks being fired so soon (deserved or not) probably didnt sit right with him.

In fairness to Kliff he had Vance forced on him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair. Would any coach with options want to deal with Keim...hmm

I also think Wilks being fired so soon (deserved or not) probably didnt sit right with him.

In fairness to Kliff he had Vance forced on him.

this is another knock on Kliff and hiring Kliff in the first place. It all but admits you hired a coach you believed needed training wheels and that you didn’t trust to figure out his coordinators... and for Kliff... as the head coach of the team, you’re totally cool with the guy who just crapped the bed spectacularly deciding that for you.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score

Drake absolutely scores if he jumps. Not only that, at least if you jump the replay will show exactly where the ball is, instead of the usual goal line replay where you can’t see the ball due to the mass of humanity.

Emmitt Smith used to jump over the pile all the time in his younger days. I saw Wayne Gallman of the Giants jump over the pile a few weeks ago. Seems to be a bit of a lost art.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Y'all just saw the Niners score 23 and beat the Rams top 3 defense with Mullen at QB, only Deebo from the starting receivers and no Kittle. And some want to argue Kliff isn't a bad coach when we only put 17 on a garbage Pats team?

Kliff hamstrings this offense. Where's the pre snap motion? Only the very rare occasion used Isabella ripped off a 17 yard sweep. The Chiefs and Niners are two of the best designed offenses in the league and use a bunch of motion. It's proven to increase EPA. So why so little?

Here's a prime example of Kliff's problem. How many times did we line up with an empty backfield yesterday and Edmonds in the slot? A whole bunch, even on early downs. Let me ask you this....why?

What advantage does that give the offense? Its telling the defense right away that its a pass play. Its telling them Kyler is very unlikely to run. It's telling the D line they don't have to worry about contain and can pin their ears back. Worse is they don't even motion Edmonds out late so he's got a LB in coverage, he's there from the get go.

Why don't our RBs have designed routes from the backfield? How many yards did Johnson have running routes that way? All our RB passes are just leaks for check downs.

You know how we often have trips one side and Nuk one on one on the left? Why not let Nuk carry the DB upfield and have Drake or Edmonds run a wheel behind him into the space?

Its just unimaginative garbage. Line up 4-5 WR. Shotgun snap. Rely on the receiver to separate with no help from motion, formation, or play design.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont have any confidence about our season...AT BEST we are a one and done wildcard team. We might not even make the playoffs though. We are spiraling right now...but I think we have shown we are not a top 4-6 team in the NFL, so we are not making noise in the playoffs.

My biggest problem is that I will not have any confidence in this team until they prove they have become a mentally disciplined team. Right now this team has earned the reputation under KK and KM that they will play down to opponents, make dumb penalties, and find ways to lose vs the opposite. In my mind, if we are in a close/important game...I will default to thinking we will find a way to lose...instead of being confident we will pull it out.

I hope KK and KM will change this, but Im just not sure this is the group to do it.
Good post.

About sums it up.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Y'all just saw the Niners score 23 and beat the Rams top 3 defense with Mullen at QB, only Deebo from the starting receivers and no Kittle. And some want to argue Kliff isn't a bad coach when we only put 17 on a garbage Pats team?

Kliff hamstrings this offense. Where's the pre snap motion? Only the very rare occasion used Isabella ripped off a 17 yard sweep. The Chiefs and Niners are two of the best designed offenses in the league and use a bunch of motion. It's proven to increase EPA. So why so little?

Here's a prime example of Kliff's problem. How many times did we line up with an empty backfield yesterday and Edmonds in the slot? A whole bunch, even on early downs. Let me ask you this....why?

What advantage does that give the offense? Its telling the defense right away that its a pass play. Its telling them Kyler is very unlikely to run. It's telling the D line they don't have to worry about contain and can pin their ears back. Worse is they don't even motion Edmonds out late so he's got a LB in coverage, he's there from the get go.

Why don't our RBs have designed routes from the backfield? How many yards did Johnson have running routes that way? All our RB passes are just leaks for check downs.

You know how we often have trips one side and Nuk one on one on the left? Why not let Nuk carry the DB upfield and have Drake or Edmonds run a wheel behind him into the space?

Its just unimaginative garbage. Line up 4-5 WR. Shotgun snap. Rely on the receiver to separate with no help from motion, formation, or play design.
You’re hired. Press conference 10 am lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave