The Simmons Hit

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Hit was just plain stupid. You can’t do that stuff in the NFL anymore. You would think he would have learned something from the earlier stupid penalty.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He will learn the finer points of the game. I am just glad that he is contributing and playing well. He had me very concerned for a while.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was helmet to helmet, but it should not have gotten that far. 3rd and 13 and we allow him to run for it. Again no F’ing contain by VJ. Put a spy on him if u have too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't a penalty. Cam was a runner and inbounds. Simmons led with his shoulder and the contact was incidental. Bad call at a key time.
But they already picked up the first and this defense wasn’t stopping anyone b

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It was a penalty because Newton was goin out of bounds and essentially giving himself up and Simmons blasted him as he was going out of bounds instead of just giving him a push. They will throw a flag on that every time especially since it was a QB. Stupid decision by Simmons.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was at (near) the first down marker. Like goal lines, you go hard to protect it.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
NFL rules are dictating that the only type of defenders you can have on the field are guys 5'6 and under in order to avoid helmet to helmet contact.

Simmons is just too tall to play defense in the NFL.

:lame:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It was a penalty because Newton was goin out of bounds and essentially giving himself up and Simmons blasted him as he was going out of bounds instead of just giving him a push. They will throw a flag on that every time especially since it was a QB. Stupid decision by Simmons.
That is not accurate. He is no longer a QB at that point and is no longer protected as such.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the first one it could be argued the ball carrier lowered his head, the 2nd one wasn't a great call at all. I don't have any anger at simmons at all
You're exactly right. I thought the same exact thing. The ball carrier lowered his head just as Simmons was about to tackle him. I mean, what was he supposed to do, just let him run right by & not even try to tackle him? The NFL needs to seriously enforce this rule. It was said last season that offensive players would get flagged for doing that but it's hardly ever called.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not mad at Simmons, we should have never been in that situation and allow Cam to run for 13 yards on third down. Poor play call on defense and even worse contain.