Kingsbury, The World’s Only 17 Point Offensive Genius

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Cardinals does not get to playoffs, Keim will have five straight seasons without a playoff team and wil have one playoff win in eight years of being GM. Carry on. Nothing to see here, it is just another lost decade like the 9 decades before it for this centennial team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you know they’re not executing the plays that are called? Do you think maybe the caller plays are failed from the snap? Players can execute the play as designed and the play can still fail... that’s called BAD play-calling.
Again, any W we have this year is not at all attributable to Kliff and almost solely a result of Murray making his freak plays with his legs... which isn’t coaching. And, as we now see unfolding, is not sustainable.
The team as a whole is now in full regression mode as the rest of the league has figured out how to minimize Murray from making his freak running plays.
And since Murray has such piss-poor mechanics and himself being unable to consistently execute when in the pocket, it becomes all the more critical that scheme and play-calling rise to the occasion... Kliff is incapable. It’s ok to admit it dude. Keim swung and missed... and worse, if something isn’t done to fix Murray, Keim will have swung and missed on yet another #1 pick.

Cmon nobody has figured out how to stop Kyler from running, he's protecting his shoulder. Smart of NE to figure out Kyler didn't want to run and it worked.

Kyler hits Kirk for a TD, Kirk drops it. then we appear to score on 4th down but don't get the call the replay you can't see the ball.

We got a break on the punt return but that call on Simmons at the end is a terrible call, see Mike pereira who said clearly he was inbounds, and it wasn't a lead with his helmet hit either, should NOT have been a foul. That gave them that last FG, maybe they get there anyways but that call killed us. You could hear D Hop in the field microphone saying it over and over you all saw that they stole this game from us.

Gotta be better but there's no way anybody can convince me teams have magically figured out how to stop Kyler running, he's protecting his shoulder that's why he's not running more.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you know they’re not executing the plays that are called? Do you think maybe the caller plays are failed from the snap? Players can execute the play as designed and the play can still fail... that’s called BAD play-calling.
Again, any W we have this year is not at all attributable to Kliff and almost solely a result of Murray making his freak plays with his legs... which isn’t coaching. And, as we now see unfolding, is not sustainable.
The team as a whole is now in full regression mode as the rest of the league has figured out how to minimize Murray from making his freak running plays.
And since Murray has such piss-poor mechanics and himself being unable to consistently execute when in the pocket, it becomes all the more critical that scheme and play-calling rise to the occasion... Kliff is incapable. It’s ok to admit it dude. Keim swung and missed... and worse, if something isn’t done to fix Murray, Keim will have swung and missed on yet another #1 pick.
How do you know they are not executing the play called. Are you kidding? I doubt that our playbook has any design to NOT gain a yard, or drop a sure td pass, or miss a fg.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its easier because when players CONTINUALLY fail to execute you have none else to blame. A HC has to be able to trust his guys, until they show their strengths and weaknesses, and then gameplan around those. Kliff keeps putting guys like Zane in situations he has shown he struggles in.

this.

today was a complete organizational failure. KK’s nuts shriveled up again when it mattered most, Zane missed another game winner or tie in the last two minutes, Keim saw Zane blow important kicks the last two seasons and thought he was still good to go, Kyler was not aggressive, nor did he play very well.

the only person who wasn’t awful today was VC. Held the Pats to 20 points, most on short fields, 180 total yards and got two turnovers, one of them with less than five minutes left that should have salted the game away.

Everyone else failed miserably. That NE is NOT good. They were missing Edelman and Birkenhead, both starters. We had them down 10-0. We outgained them by a 100 yards. That loss was just pathetic.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The only thing he’s really done for the Cards is championing drafting Murray.

Well...that is pretty good. Also not true ("the only thing").

Let's stop being so dramatic.

It's easy to go back and check but this board was pimping Dan Campbell, Adam Gase, Zac Taylor, and Jim Caldwell.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am SO HAPPY we don’t have McVay. He is a bottom 3 coach. Can’t score one offensive TD in THREE QUARTERZ!!!!1!!!1!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well...that is pretty good. Also not true ("the only thing").

Let's stop being so dramatic.

It's easy to go back and check but this board was pimping Dan Campbell, Adam Gase, Zac Taylor, and Jim Caldwell.

lol @ this board’s cognoscenti

it’s like a murderer’s row of wrong

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
KM fan bois can’t blame the defense today, so it’s KK get the blame. KM played like crap and not a word.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
How do you know they are not executing the play called. Are you kidding? I doubt that our playbook has any design to NOT gain a yard, or drop a sure td pass, or miss a fg.

LOL... Yes, every play in any playbook is 100% designed to gain at minimum a yard. So what’s you’re point?
Are you saying that since every play in any playbook is designed to gain at minimum one yard, that the defense is simply supposed to let that happen?
And I’m not even focusing on the 1-yard that plays. Just to be clear, had we somehow pulled out the W in this horrendous game, I still would’ve been all over Kliff for the hoax he is.
His play-calling, even when it’s not 4th and a yard, is consistently terrible. His game management/clock management is bush-league at best. His offense is consistently unprepared and is always in hyper-rush mode as they try to bet a play off before the play-clock expires. He burns timeouts as if they don’t matter.
He sucks. Period.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Cmon nobody has figured out how to stop Kyler from running, he's protecting his shoulder. Smart of NE to figure out Kyler didn't want to run and it worked.

Kyler hits Kirk for a TD, Kirk drops it. then we appear to score on 4th down but don't get the call the replay you can't see the ball.

We got a break on the punt return but that call on Simmons at the end is a terrible call, see Mike pereira who said clearly he was inbounds, and it wasn't a lead with his helmet hit either, should NOT have been a foul. That gave them that last FG, maybe they get there anyways but that call killed us. You could hear D Hop in the field microphone saying it over and over you all saw that they stole this game from us.

Gotta be better but there's no way anybody can convince me teams have magically figured out how to stop Kyler running, he's protecting his shoulder that's why he's not running more.

Sure Russ. Because in the NFL, coaches and players never figure out opposing players... LOL.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hmm well

Something happened on the way to 8-3. Was it “fire McVay”?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL... Yes, every play in any playbook is 100% designed to gain at minimum a yard. So what’s you’re point?
Are you saying that since every play in any playbook is designed to gain at minimum one yard, that the defense is simply supposed to let that happen?
And I’m not even focusing on the 1-yard that plays. Just to be clear, had we somehow pulled out the W in this horrendous game, I still would’ve been all over Kliff for the hoax he is.
His play-calling, even when it’s not 4th and a yard, is consistently terrible. His game management/clock management is bush-league at best. His offense is consistently unprepared and is always in hyper-rush mode as they try to bet a play off before the play-clock expires. He burns timeouts as if they don’t matter.
He sucks. Period.
What I’m saying is it all isn’t on Kliff. Players have to execute . When they do your chances of winning are greatly inhanced.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm betting Kliff Kingsbury names all his dogs "Spot". Starts every poem with "Roses are red". He likes his bagels plain. Probably drives the most commonly bought car in America. When he gets ice cream he orders 2 scoops of bland.

I admit it. When I first heard we hired Kingsbury I was not quite sold. He seemed unattractive. He lacked intelligence and imagination. He was missing the spark you look for in a offensive guru. But then I look into Kingsbury's eyes, and he reminded me of my sweet brother, Chio. For those who do not know, Chio is learning disabled and lives in a group home. But Chio loves khao and that’s when I realized, Kingsbury is khao.

Khao is soft white rice in lukewarm water. It has no taste. Befitted to small babies and very old people. It is nourishment that everyone can digest. The world needs khao, just as the NFL defenses need the play-callers like Kliff Kingsbury.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am SO HAPPY we don’t have McVay. He is a bottom 3 coach. Can’t score one offensive TD in THREE QUARTERZ!!!!1!!!1!
HA! One coach is 40-19 and led his team to the Super Bowl. Ours is 11-15-1. In 2 less seasons Kliff has almost as many losses as McVay.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And when a team has a legitimate head coach, a talented team’s chances for winning are greatly enhanced. [emoji106]
Funny, but a couple of weeks ago the Bucs and Arians and Bowles were all but considered a shoe in to win the conference. Same coaches, just 3 weeks later.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson