Explain to me how this is KK fault

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The fact that the Lions had oppurtunity to win should be all you need to know.
Every team in the NFL regardless of who their coach is and how good they are as a team plays close games against teams that they should dominate.

Trying to suggest that it is somehow on Kliff that the Lions were hanging around in that game is a bit ridiculous. Especially considering how many times KM threw the ball to Lions defenders in that game.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Kliff is a good play caller. Murry is still growing as a qb. I'm not convinced he reads defenses well. Kriks drop was big. Being stuffed at the goal line was big. On the radio they said out longest play was the 19 yards by Isabella and 18 of that came from his running. We had zero plays down the field.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
so you also agree it was the right call to go for it at the end of the half and not leave it to the kicker

see that wasn’t so hard
I guess you really are that stupid. Look at make % of 20 yard FG vs. 47 yard. It was 100% the wrong call to go for the TD.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I guess you really are that stupid. Look at make % of 20 yard FG vs. 47 yard. It was 100% the wrong call to go for the TD.
Yes it's pretty much a guaranteed 3 points, but it was also a very likely 7 points. We were absolutely more likely to walk away with 7 there than 0 so I think it was the right call.

As a matter of fact I would be willing to bet that most teams in the NFL make that same decision in that same scenario. We were just unfortunate that we didn't punch it in.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

so you wanna play the numbers?

what if a certain team was like 9-12 going for it on 4th down? Would you then say it’s in the best interest of the team to play the odds?

huh

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Yes it's pretty much a guaranteed 3 points, but it was also a very likely 7 points. We were absolutely more likely to walk away with 7 there than 0 so I think it was the right call.

As a matter of fact I would be willing to bet that most teams in the NFL make that same decision in that same scenario. We were just unfortunate that we didn't punch it in.
It's not "very likely" 7 points at all. It's almost 100% 3 points,

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's not "very likely" 7 points at all. It's almost 100% 3 points,
It is absolutely a very likely 7. The overall conversion rate of 4th and 1s are close to 70% and I believe we have been even better than that. There was a much better chance that we get in there than that we don't.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't really recall anyone questioning Kliff going for it on 4th down when it works, but the moment it doesn't work they call him out for making a horrible decision.

I feel very confident that had it worked a lot of the people in here would have been praising him for having the stones to go for it instead of taking the 3 points.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so you also agree it was the right call to go for it at the end of the half and not leave it to the kicker

see that wasn’t so hard

man... you are really out there. First, my comment was in regards to kicking long field goals, not chip-shots from the 1 yard line. But regardless of that detour you took for some reason, do you want to show me where I questioned going for it at the end of the half. Might take you a while to find that because... newsflash... I AGREED with going for it there and it was the right call and have not bitched about it.

I also thought it was the WRONG call to go conservative at the end of the game because we have seen multiple times in the last month that we don't have a reliable kicker to hit something long-range to win it and needed to get as close as we could.

So, which is it for you? You like him going aggressive at the end of the half. Did you like him going conservative at the end, knowing you have a shaky kicker and a bad end of half/game defense?

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t fault the end of the half decision to go for it. All of those decisions are handled by analytics. The play call, lining up in shotgun when you need an inch, wasn’t good and the execution was worse.

Reactions: PJ1

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
It is absolutely a very likely 7. The overall conversion rate of 4th and 1s are close to 70% and I believe we have been even better than that. There was a much better chance that we get in there than that we don't.
70% versus over 99% is a huge difference. Especially in that situation where you get 3 points against 0 then get the ball back to start the 2nd half.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man... you are really out there. Do you want to show me where I questioned going for it at the end of the half. Might take you a while to find that because... newsflash... I AGREED with going for it there and it was the right call.

I also thought it was the WRONG call to go conservative at the end of the game because we have seen multiple times in the last month that we don't have a reliable kicker to hit something long-range to win it and needed to get as close as we could.

So, which is it for you? You like him going aggressive at the end of the half. Did you like him going conservative at the end, knowing you have a shaky kicker and a bad end of half/game defense?

I’ve said a 100 times players gotta make plays. How is it KK fault when he draws up a great play and your WR drops it or how is it his fault when your kicker misses. I mean you can only do so much from the sidelines can’t make plays for you

why you so mad bruh

Reactions: PJ1

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't really recall anyone questioning Kliff going for it on 4th down when it works, but the moment it doesn't work they call him out for making a horrible decision.

I feel very confident that had it worked a lot of the people in here would have been praising him for having the stones to go for it instead of taking the 3 points.
I questioned him going for it on 4th and 5 in the red zone. People question him all the time, but it gets lost in the sighs of relief of the gameday thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve said a 100 times players gotta make plays. How is it KK fault when he draws up a great play and your WR drops it or how is it his fault when your kicker misses. I mean you can only do so much from the sidelines can’t make plays for you

why you so mad bruh

Lol... forget it dude. You can’t even stay with the conversation.

toodles.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

My guess is that part of the thinking for going for the TD was the fact that the Cards were getting the ball after the half. Even if it failed (which it did), Cards had a chance to get the ball again and go for a score. A TD at the half and getting the ball and any kind of score would have put the Pats out of their misery. Our D would have been free to T-off on Cam as he would have been forced to pass to make up the points.

It didn't work. It is not something I would second guess---at some point you have to put away the other team. At some point, you need to have your way when it comes down to 1 yard. If you can't do either one, just how to you plan to get into the playoffs and defeat a superior team?

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe should be looking at the GM and who hired him

Everyone is responsible.

Perhaps to green on the sidelines and behind center to make it work

We shall see

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
so you say go for it on 4th down on your opponents 1 with the lead at the end of the half and you get the ball back to start the second was the right call?

lol I agree it was indeed the right call. So we agree players need to make plays glad you see it

You take the points, always

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ultimately the buck stops at the top.

If players stuff up... well you picked them, you're coaching/developing them, you're choosing to involve them in plays. If mistakes keep happening.... The coach is responsible for quality control.

When you're brand new in the role you largely inherit a roster so hands tied to a degree. Over time the team's output becomes more "yours" and a reflection on your system though.

We're probably partway in between What Kliff Inherited and What Kliff Is Building

Are there enough positive signs that we're moving forward and building towards something good? Not sure. I'll defer to posters who actually know the game.

Interesting to see if KK retains faith in himself. Results like today tend to chip away at your inner resolve. The doubts that are being aired and debated on here are likely swirling around in Kliff's mind as well.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He continues to make the same poor decisions he has since his first game. He is looking more and more like a coordinator and not a HC.

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
Traditionally you do. But if you wanna "go for the throat" you put faith in your professional athletes to get one yard.

how about you give them a play call that doesn’t have your running back 5 yards back when you are only inches away?