Explain to me how this is KK fault

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was absolutely the wrong call at the end of the half, That was basically free points you threw away and it cost the game.

I was talking to Stout we agreed being aggressive is the right thing to do. I prefer an aggressive coach I’d rather have that just personal preference

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We weren’t even out coached. Your WR have to catch touchdowns when the ball hits them right in the numbers. Your field goal kicker has to make that. That’s 10 points right there. Yeah Kliff told Kirk to drop that pass and Kliff clearly told Zane to miss it.

players got to make the plays they are supposed to make.

Everyone agrees with that, IF those things would have happened then at the end of the game we have a totally different scenario. Maybe were talking about an easy win.

The problem is that KK needs to be coaching in the exact moment and it just feels like he coaching the end of games with that mentality "He we should have scored earlier, so this last second long FG is as good as its going to get today". There is no agression, AND no ability to actually run the clock down and manage the game. If we had been able to do what we did in the 1st half....get it all the way down to one last play...and then Zane missed it, it would have not been on Kliff at all.

Instead we got the ball, couldn't even get a first down to run the clock, and missed a FG....with enough time for them to go get the game winner!! Including calling a TO FOR THEM on 3rd and long with like 40 seconds left.

Kliff just doesnt coach well in cluch situations, and never has.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was talking to Stout we agreed being aggressive is the right thing to do. I prefer an aggressive coach I’d rather have that just personal preference

was he aggressive at the end of the Dolphins game when he settled for a 49 yard FG running three straight times? Was he aggressive today at the end of the game when he ran three straight times and settled for another long FG?

do you even realize how much you contradict your own bad takes when you make them?

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe the problem is having to guys fairly new at their positions. KK , KM.

I get growing together but KM could use a coach to lean into him.

Just my opinion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did I hurt your feelings once at not know it? You just gonna keep following me around quoting me talking bout uuuh nobody can talk to you your just gonna be mean

So why keep following me around quoting me. I mean I’m clearly not following you around

I’m not even gonna call you a name this time princess

lol. Thanks for proving my point.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m reading this over and over

I’m watching this and I see Kirk drop an easy TD that hit him right in the numbers.

I see a 4th and 1 and Sweezy get clowned on and let a guy run free into the backfield

How many big field goals in the 4th is Zane gonna miss this year? Second time this year he’s missed this kick

At the end of the day players have to get it done nobody can do it for you. Well uh it was a stupid play call, was it stupid because it didn’t work? Do you say oh what a great call when it’s a slant and works perfect but your receiver just drops it.

this loss is on Kirk, Sweezy and Zane...again

You're highlighting moments in a game. Most games have those types of moments. Good coaching overcomes them. Especially against bad teams.

We were up 10 with 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter then scored 7 the rest of the game. I don't think Kyler completed a pass over 10 Air yards after Q1. Kyler had 2 designed runs the whole game. The play calling was consistently conservative and predictable, and put us in several 3rd and long situations.

Then with a huge turnover with 5 minutes left against a team who can't pass he decides to play for the FG. Again. Like we haven't already seen this movie.

Absolute trash. You go for the TD with absolute certainty they aren't marching down the field in a minute or even 2.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone agrees with that, IF those things would have happened then at the end of the game we have a totally different scenario. Maybe were talking about an easy win.

The problem is that KK needs to be coaching in the exact moment and it just feels like he coaching the end of games with that mentality "He we should have scored earlier, so this last second long FG is as good as its going to get today". There is no agression, AND no ability to actually run the clock down and manage the game. If we had been able to do what we did in the 1st half....get it all the way down to one last play...and then Zane missed it, it would have not been on Kliff at all.

Instead we got the ball, couldn't even get a first down to run the clock, and missed a FG....with enough time for them to go get the game winner!! Including calling a TO FOR THEM on 3rd and long with like 40 seconds left.

Kliff just doesnt coach well in cluch situations, and never has.

Oh I’ve been on this board long enough to know if we drove all the way down to the 1 and settled for a missed field goal this board would of melted down about how KK has no balls and is scared.

I’m just doing this for fun. It’s a no win situation the hypocrisy on this board makes me laugh. It’s always a no win situation.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The comments are more exciting than the game. Same arguments every week... same results every week.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We're a mediocre football team, injured, with a mediocre coach, still learning. second season, and an anomaly season at that. Frankly, 6-5, Ill take it. Frustrated as hell, as we could easily be 9-2. But its year 2, and thankfully for my sanity, football means nothing to me but a three hour respite on a Sunday. Its a long game that builds over the course of the season. By this point we should all realize that we are going to see a barely above 500 football team play for the rest of the year, because well, we've established that fact over 12 weeks.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're highlighting moments in a game. Most games have those types of moments. Good coaching overcomes them. Especially against bad teams.

We were up 10 with 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter then scored 7 the rest of the game. I don't think Kyler completed a pass over 10 Air yards after Q1. Kyler had 2 designed runs the whole game. The play calling was consistently conservative and predictable, and put us in several 3rd and long situations.

Then with a huge turnover with 5 minutes left against a team who can't pass he decides to play for the FG. Again. Like we haven't already seen this movie.

Absolute trash. You go for the TD with absolute certainty they aren't marching down the field in a minute or even 2.

Highlighting moments? You mean when our players left 10 points on the board. Kinda big moments don’t you think.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that’s my point. Oh there is plenty of blame, but KK damn sure ain’t at the top of the list. Your players have to make routine plays. I don’t give a damn if Vince Lombardi is your coach if guys are dropping touchdowns or your kicker is missing kicks.

if your kicker CONTINUALLY misses kicks, a coach continually depending on them to hit them is idiotic.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh I’ve been on this board long enough to know if we drove all the way down to the 1 and settled for a missed field goal this board would of melted down about how KK has no balls and is scared.

I’m just doing this for fun. It’s a no win situation the hypocrisy on this board makes me laugh. It’s always a no win situation.

Going for it on 4th was the right decision. The play call that came after it was predictable garbage the Pats were waiting for and summed up the play calling all game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Highlighting moments? You mean when our players left 10 points on the board. Kinda big moments don’t you think.

Things more than made up for by two short field turnovers. The play calling was garbage.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
If Kliff doesn't call that TO with under a minute to go the game goes into OT. Instead the Patriots get 30 yards on the next play and kick a field goal to win. Just one example but Kliff does that kind of weird stuff that ends up benefiting the other team in every close game it seems like (even the games they've managed to win) and has been mostly awful in situational and crunch time football.

There are worse head coaches out there then him but I think its pretty obvious already you aren't going to win much with him as head coach. 7th seed in the playoffs seems to be the ceiling from what I can tell since there will be many close losses every year with him as coach so how are you ever going to win a tough division like the NFC West with 6-8 losses at best.

I believe Kliff will eventually end up back in the college ranks as an OC within a few years frankly.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We're a mediocre football team, injured, with a mediocre coach, still learning. second season, and an anomaly season at that. Frankly, 6-5, Ill take it. Frustrated as hell, as we could easily be 9-2. But its year 2, and thankfully for my sanity, football means nothing to me but a three hour respite on a Sunday. Its a long game that builds over the course of the season. By this point we should all realize that we are going to see a barely above 500 football team play for the rest of the year, because well, we've established that fact over 12 weeks.

You could give KK an eternity and he'd still be mediocre (at best). The team is not going to be more than the sum of its parts without cleaning house.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If Kliff doesn't call that TO with under a minute to go the game goes into OT. Instead the Patriots get 30 yards on the next play and kick a field goal to win. Just one example but Kliff does that kind of weird stuff that ends up benefiting the other team in every close game it seems like (even the games they've managed to win) and has been mostly awful in situational and crunch time football.
Sure, but the defense can't give up the first there. Also had they gone for a throw and thrown it incomplete we have a chance to go back down the field for the win. Calling that TO was the right call IMO.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I mean the Lions needed a 54 and 56 yard field goals to beat us. Is that good coaching only when you make them?
The fact that the Lions had oppurtunity to win should be all you need to know.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if your kicker CONTINUALLY misses kicks, a coach continually depending on them to hit them is idiotic.

so you also agree it was the right call to go for it at the end of the half and not leave it to the kicker

see that wasn’t so hard

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Sure, but the defense can't give up the first there. Also had they gone for a throw and thrown it incomplete we have a chance to go back down the field for the win. Calling that TO was the right call IMO.

Possibly but with the play the patriots ran it looked like they were just going to run it anyway so the clock was going to run down and there wouldn't have been enough time for the Cards to do anything. Thats why I questioned the TO the second it was called because I figured the Patriots weren't going to let Cam throw on third and long with how awful he was today.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA