Explain to me how this is KK fault

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My answers in red and to add the lack of discipline and clock management, which is solely his fault and no one else’s

I mean I’m not really going to rely on my 5’10 210lb quarterback to run a QB sneak.

as far as settling for game winning field goals the Lions and Patriots just relied on it to beat us. Difference those kickers made those kicks and we have a kicker who’s iffy. We need a money kicker in the worst way

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mean I’m not really going to rely on my 5’10 210lb quarterback to run a QB sneak.

as far as settling for game winning field goals the Lions and Patriots just relied on it to beat us. Difference those kickers made those kicks and we have a kicker who’s iffy. We need a money kicker in the worst way
Why? Russell Wilson does it and is one of the better ones in the nfl to do it. How about Drew Brees? He does it very well too. His size excuse is a cop out

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Traditionally you do. But if you wanna "go for the throat" you put faith in your professional athletes to get one yard.

if you’re a “go for the throat” coach, you need to be consistent. They sure as hell weren’t going for the throat at the end of the game where they ran the ball three straight times from outside the 30 yard line, knowing you have a bad FG kicker, if you missed you’d give NE great field position.

going for the throat is at least trying ONCE to get the first, get closer for a FG and be able to drain the clock to zero on the hopeful FG attempt.

I mean, we saw the ZANE THING against Miami. we laid up and played for the tie win a long field goal.

if you’re going to go for the throat, not doing so at the end of a game to put yourself in the best position to win makes the earlier call an exercises in futility.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
players don't always make the plays they're supposed to make. That's where coaching decisions come in to offset players mistakes.

No that’s BS. Your a professional. If it’s to much to ask your WR to catch wide open touchdowns and your kicker to make a kick then idk. A coach can only do so much. Nobody can do it for you

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. We're gifted a fast start to the game. We're winning 10-0 without even really starting to unfold our offensive game plan. Do you:

A) Aggressively step on the opposition's throat, especially a lousy opponent
or
B) Coach like a scared JV coach and pray that being super passive and conservative will pay off against a crap team

Um, how about A. How about you don't design a game plan that plays against your own strengths?
A is the right answer but the Cardinals have never done that. Look at all the close games we had to sweat through.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Also the patriots didn’t settle for a long FG to win. They got themselves with no timeouts into FG range KK still had a timeout and lots of time left on the clock.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also the patriots didn’t settle for a long FG to win. They got themselves with no timeouts into FG range KK still had a timeout and lots of time left on the clock.

On a bad call on Isiah Simmons so let’s not act like they drew that up

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Cardinals biggest threat on 3rd/4th and short is Kyler's legs. How many times did he run/have the option to run? It was pretty much Drake up the gut.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No that’s BS. Your a professional. If it’s to much to ask your WR to catch wide open touchdowns and your kicker to make a kick then idk. A coach can only do so much. Nobody can do it for you

How about building on a 10-point lead/shutout situation and NOT allowing the game to devolve into such a pathetic nail-biter?

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why explain it to you when you’re just going to call people crazy or idiots like you always do when your take is questioned?

if you can’t see with your own eyes why Kliff deserves blame in a game like that, no one is going to be able to explain it to you.

Did I hurt your feelings once at not know it? You just gonna keep following me around quoting me talking bout uuuh nobody can talk to you your just gonna be mean

So why keep following me around quoting me. I mean I’m clearly not following you around

I’m not even gonna call you a name this time princess

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about building on a 10-point lead/shutout situation and NOT allowing the game to devolve into such a pathetic nail-biter?

because we’re not that good?

I think this is a 500 ball club going in the right direction.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
KK is at fault, at this point, for being the most penalized team in the league. It's not "KK was the one who false started?"....its been 2 years of this crap under Kliff. Players are not being held accountable, Fundamentals and mental toughness are not be emphasized as priorities by coaches, or both. It's a "the buck has to stop here" issue at this point with the penalties. We lose games because of penalties.

It's also KK's fault that we consistently burn timeouts due to confusion or a lack of awareness of the playclock. Either Kliff, the players, or both don't fully understand how the clock works (when it will be reset...etc) or KK's playcalling terminology is too long, complex. I hope and expect that Kliff doesn't have to look at the play clock during the game much, because he has thoroughly studies the rules, knows exactly how much time SHOULD be on the clock after a rest and playcall...and could call out the refs about an issue because he knows the rules so well. You know damn well thats how Billichek operates.

Lastly, it is KK's fault that he can't seem to put a full game together. When to be aggressive and when to be cautious falls on the HC...and when you make those calls you have to get them right...that's kind of the job. KK comes out weak, starts to put something together and get more aggressive...sometimes seems like hes playing to crush em, then clearly decides he's playing for a tie or GW FG with time and field position. It's all over the place, and fair or unfair, the "Is it a good call if it works" answer is YES. If Kliff is making decisions, risky or not...and they work, it was a good decisions. If they fail it wasnt. Yes of course the players execute, but thats the life of a HC.

Its all "top down" stuff with Kingsburry. Im not going to pretend we should criticize individual play calls, its the overall mental preparation, toughness, and mentality of the team that is lacking, and there is no other person to blame on those things other than coaches. I have not seen anything special in KK as a coach in his time here, and I have actually seen a lot that has made me question whether he will ever be able to take control of those things. His history shows no....including in college.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Did I hurt your feelings once at not know it? You just gonna keep following me around quoting me talking bout uuuh nobody can talk to you your just gonna be mean

So why keep following me around quoting me. I mean I’m clearly not following you around

I’m not even gonna call you a name this time princess

Translation: Finito has no argument that KK coached even an average game, so deflect.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On a bad call on Isiah Simmons so let’s not act like they drew that up
Doesn’t matter they didn’t have a timeout so they didn’t hold up for a long FG. They were forced into it by not having a TO late in the 4th. We got an INT with 4 minutes to go and the ball at the 46 yard line. We then threw one pass, ONE, the next 3 plus minutes of gameplay to lead to a 47 yard FG. They threw the ball 3 times with a running clock and spiked the ball because they had no timeouts. Even with the made FG, we gave them 2 minutes because our coach is too afraid to lose instead of winning a damn game.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
if you’re a “go for the throat” coach, you need to be consistent. They sure as hell weren’t going for the throat at the end of the game where they ran the ball three straight times from outside the 30 yard line, knowing you have a bad FG kicker, if you missed you’d give NE great field position.

going for the throat is at least trying ONCE to get the first, get closer for a FG and be able to drain the clock to zero on the hopeful FG attempt.

I mean, we saw the ZANE THING against Miami. we laid up and played for the tie win a long field goal.

if you’re going to go for the throat, not doing so at the end of a game to put yourself in the best position to win makes the earlier call an exercises in futility.

100%. We have established that he isn't that coach. I'm leaning way more toward the end the KK experiment at this point. My only purpose for vocalizing, was that you cant ask for a go for the throat coach while simultaneously saying he should have laid up at the end of the half. Thats all. Im speaking only about that call. He has certainly established a consistent proclivity for going for it on fourth down though, hasnt he? So you could argue that that one call, in its context was very consistent to his coaching style.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Translation: Finito has no argument that KK coached even an average game, so deflect.

I’ve given plenty just read the thread

you even agree with me that it was the right call to be aggressive at the end of the half

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Catch the dang ball Ka Ka Kirk, or maybe make a game winning field goal Zane Gong Zales, or maybe, just maybe block someone Sweezy Easy. Coaching cost us the game by not blowing the Patriots out but losing this game came from players not doing their job

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the Pats had more turnovers then us and 179 total yards and spotted us a 10-0 lead. The idea that your HC is blameless to lose in that scenario is indefensible.

insanity is doin the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. We have now seen Kliff turtle up while driving for FG and seeing his kicker miss every time at the end of 4th quarters. When you’ve seen that once, okay. That’s a problem. When you run the same conservative offense and stick Zane with another long FG and he misses in a second game and you make no changes to your approach in a third straight game, that’s on the coach.

why?because Zane has already proved he can’t hit even a medium range FG at the end of regulation. Which means if you’re the coach, you should KNOW you need to get as close as possible. Kliff turtled up for the 3rd time in a row in the exact same late game scenario. If he can’t see his personnel can’t do what he needs and keeps forcing them to, that as much on the coach as it is the kicker... as it actually is on Keim as well. It’s failure up and down the line.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals biggest threat on 3rd/4th and short is Kyler's legs. How many times did he run/have the option to run? It was pretty much Drake up the gut.
He legit had it multiple times this game, especially on that 3rd & 2 at the end, but stupidly gave it up to Drake.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’ve given plenty just read the thread

you even agree with me that it was the right call to be aggressive at the end of the half
It was absolutely the wrong call at the end of the half, That was basically free points you threw away and it cost the game.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Play calling. Take the points. End of story.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Catch the dang ball Ka Ka Kirk, or maybe make a game winning field goal Zane Gong Zales, or maybe, just maybe block someone Sweezy Easy. Coaching cost us the game by not blowing the Patriots out but losing this game came from players not doing their job

that’s my point. Oh there is plenty of blame, but KK damn sure ain’t at the top of the list. Your players have to make routine plays. I don’t give a damn if Vince Lombardi is your coach if guys are dropping touchdowns or your kicker is missing kicks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson