Kingsbury, The World’s Only 17 Point Offensive Genius

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve warned this was coming all year. Kingsbury is a fraud. The only thing he’s really done for the Cards is championing drafting Murray. The Cards only have a run game because of Murray. There is nothing creative about receiver routes and except for Hop the others are rarely, clearly open. KK can’t manage the clock. He doesn’t have a 2 minute drill. He’s installed no hot reads to combat blitzes. He can’t get the Cards ready to start games. He can’t manage enough discipline to keep penalties in control. Some of these are KK’s fault directly due to very late substitution. There are 2 many timeouts caused by confusion. They seem especially confused against zone defenses.

KK elects to be highly aggressive one series, then very conservative the next. Successful plays from one game disappear in the next, for example rollout, pull-up passes. When they worked they were not part of future game plans. Inside the same game he fails to repeat plays the opponent failed to stop, especially passing plays. Remember how other teams constantly targeted Dre.

Yes the Cards are up in scoring but so is the league. However, Murray has another year of experience and Hopkins has been added. I think Murray should actually be further along technique-wise in his development.

Not only don’t I see very many unique plays, I seldom see plays used often in the league because they are successful, like an under center QB sneak.

Once again the Cards have made a huge error in selecting a coach. To me the bottom line is if you take away exceptional effort plays by Murray, what has KK accomplished?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
10000000% Agree!

Kliffy LuLu Lemmon Kingsbury is a complete hoax. He is entirely out of his league. Literally the only reason for any of our W’s this season is due to Murray making ad-hoc plays with his legs. Kliffy is not any sort of genius.
Damn... I said this was a mistake from the day Kliffy’s hire was announced... I really hoped I was wrong. Clearly I wasn’t.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yup, today was the game that sold me 100 percent that he is fraud.

The short yard playcalls were beyond abysmal

He is unable to put together a competent 60 game strategy.

His success is pegged to Kyler Murray and Deandre Hopkins being 100 percent healthy and making plays.

You and I can coach at that level.

Get him out now and get someone competent and potentially save the season

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m 100% out on kliff. He’s not a first year nfl head coach any longer. He’s failing to learn from last mistakes. And he’s overly conservative at crucial times in games and it has bitten him in the ass over and over and over. Factor in the lack of discipline and players seeming to not improve over his tenure and you have the perfect storm. Not great at player development. Doesn’t elevate his talent. Doesn’t learn from last mistakes. Poor game management. He’s a loser. Don’t hitch your wagon to a loser.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Agreed. I never understood why we hired him in the first place. If you're willing to take a player with your first pick they shouldn't need a babysitter.

Kyler Murray doesn't need Kliff Kingsbury, never has, infact Kliff Kingsbury is holding Kyler Murray and the Cardinals back.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I’ve warned this was coming all year. Kingsbury is a fraud. The only thing he’s really done for the Cards is championing drafting Murray. The Cards only have a run game because of Murray. There is nothing creative about receiver routes and except for Hop the others are rarely, clearly open. KK can’t manage the clock. He doesn’t have a 2 minute drill. He’s installed no hot reads to combat blitzes. He can’t get the Cards ready to start games. He can’t manage enough discipline to keep penalties in control. Some of these are KK’s fault directly due to very late substitution. There are 2 many timeouts caused by confusion. They seem especially confused against zone defenses.

KK elects to be highly aggressive one series, then very conservative the next. Successful plays from one game disappear in the next, for example rollout, pull-up passes. When they worked they were not part of future game plans. Inside the same game he fails to repeat plays the opponent failed to stop, especially passing plays. Remember how other teams constantly targeted Dre.

Yes the Cards are up in scoring but so is the league. However, Murray has another year of experience and Hopkins has been added. I think Murray should actually be further along technique-wise in his development.

Not only don’t I see very many unique plays, I seldom see plays used often in the league because they are successful, like an under center QB sneak.

Once again the Cards have made a huge error in selecting a coach. To me the bottom line is if you take away exceptional effort plays by Murray, what has KK accomplished?

I’m sorry but this is just a poor analysis. When do the players become accountable for not executing? Murray, Kirk, Gonzalez, Simmons, Sweezy all cost us the game in one way or another

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Aggressive when he doesn't need to be and not aggressive enough when he should be.

Most penalties in the league.

His clock management sucks.

We need to fire either him or VJ, we can't keep both.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I’m sorry but this is just a poor analysis. When do the players become accountable for not executing? Murray, Kirk, Gonzalez, Simmons, Sweezy all cost us the game in one way or another

How do you know they’re not executing the plays that are called? Do you think maybe the caller plays are failed from the snap? Players can execute the play as designed and the play can still fail... that’s called BAD play-calling.
Again, any W we have this year is not at all attributable to Kliff and almost solely a result of Murray making his freak plays with his legs... which isn’t coaching. And, as we now see unfolding, is not sustainable.
The team as a whole is now in full regression mode as the rest of the league has figured out how to minimize Murray from making his freak running plays.
And since Murray has such piss-poor mechanics and himself being unable to consistently execute when in the pocket, it becomes all the more critical that scheme and play-calling rise to the occasion... Kliff is incapable. It’s ok to admit it dude. Keim swung and missed... and worse, if something isn’t done to fix Murray, Keim will have swung and missed on yet another #1 pick.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still believe he was integral to getting km to want to come here in the first place. I think he'd pulled a Lawrence to Jets deal if not...so I thank him for that, but yes, he wouldn't have sniffed this job if it wasn't for that factor. Then again, it's keim and Bidwill we are talking about here...so you never know. lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Players mirror coaching. They are people too. If we can see it's a crappy conservative game plan then they know it.

Yes players made mistakes but they often do. We shouldn't be in situations constantly against bad teams where every must be perfect.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
How do you know they’re not executing the plays that are called? Do you think maybe the caller plays are failed from the snap? Players can execute the play as designed and the play can still fail... that’s called BAD play-calling.
Again, any W we have this year is not at all attributable to Kliff and almost solely a result of Murray making his freak plays with his legs... which isn’t coaching. And, as we now see unfolding, is not sustainable.
The team as a whole is now in full regression mode as the rest of the league has figured out how to minimize Murray from making his freak running plays.
And since Murray has such piss-poor mechanics and himself being unable to consistently execute when in the pocket, it becomes all the more critical that scheme and play-calling rise to the occasion... Kliff is incapable. It’s ok to admit it dude. Keim swung and missed... and worse, if something isn’t done to fix Murray, Keim will have swung and missed on yet another #1 pick.

how do I know? Maybe because Kirk dropped a touchdown pass, Gonzalez missed a field goal, Sweezy missed a block that lost us a TD, Simmons had 2 personal fouls, Murray could have kept the ball on the last 3rd down play for an easy first but handed it to drake instead, also on the INT he was staring at Hopkins the entire time so the DL just had to hold their hands up

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Its not poor analysis. It's spot on.

Players are responsible for the individual plays, coaches and KK are responsible for trends. Everything Harry points out has been shown as a trend this year.

Even if you want to just focus on it being on the players, the question would then be "Why are we putting so many players on the field that consistently make mistakes, and what are we doing to actively teach techniques to avoid those mistakes" That is the job of a coaching staff...Either get the players to stop making the same mistakes (coach them up), or recognize they are "dumb" players and replace them. It becomes the "The system works" argument we got from Whiz and Wilkes. You can only make that argument for so long and point out mistakes by the players for so long before people stop believing that the system works.

I think KK is going to get more time than other coaches for a variety of reasons, mostly the fact that he can claim the "top" offense in the NFL in some unimportant categories. We are losing games, and a lot of people that watch the games do not see a "visionary offense" or anything like that national media are peddling that we have.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
how do I know? Maybe because Kirk dropped a touchdown pass, Gonzalez missed a field goal, Sweezy missed a block that lost us a TD, Simmons had 2 personal fouls, Murray could have kept the ball on the last 3rd down play for an easy first but handed it to drake instead, also on the INT he was staring at Hopkins the entire time so the DL just had to hold their hands up

Every team, every game can easily do what you just did.
But, good coaches find ways to overcome that stuff. Today, a good coach would not have had this game come down to a FG.
Simmons hit on Cam was legal and I wouldn’t ask Simmons to do anything different.
A case could be made that Kirk was interfered with...
As for your comments about Murray - isn’t a coach that was touted as an offensive genius, supposed to be developing and improving Murray’s decision-making?

Keim swung for the fences. Sometime you hit the Home Run, and sometimes you swing hard and miss... Keim swung hard and missed...

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You know why? Because it’s easier and lazier to blame the coach when players fail to execute.

Its easier because when players CONTINUALLY fail to execute you have none else to blame. A HC has to be able to trust his guys, until they show their strengths and weaknesses, and then gameplan around those. Kliff keeps putting guys like Zane in situations he has shown he struggles in.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Players mirror coaching. They are people too. If we can see it's a crappy conservative game plan then they know it.

Yes players made mistakes but they often do. We shouldn't be in situations constantly against bad teams where every must be perfect.

this is why, in my opinion he should fired asap.

I believe there are coaches off the street who can get more juice out of this football team to make a playoff run than Kingsbury right now.

Why even waste time when you know the end results of the current trajectory are trash.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave