The Zane Gonzalez Dilemma

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
From 40-49 yards Zane is 61% for his career. That’s a joke for an NFL kicker.

Under 40 yards he’s 93%. If we’re keeping him we gotta be aggressive until he’s in chip shot range.
Who is better and available?

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Zane is probably another bad game from getting his real estate license. Nugent is on the practice squad for a reason
You mean the guy who missed a game winner last season from 40 yards for NE the cut shortly after? He was 5-8 for them in their playoff push and hasn’t kicked/played in a game in over a year and has been on 5 teams in 4 seasons. His most recent full season he was 23-28. If you want special teams to be a problem here’s your guy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
when you miss an easy FG to win last week and then somehow come up SHORT on a 49 yard FG to tie the next week, you may not be THE problem, but you’re one of them.

I mean, he also kicked the tie at the end of normal time, and the actual winner in OT, but lets just focused on the one he missed, after he made it already.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I mean, he also kicked the tie at the end of normal time, and the actual winner in OT, but lets just focused on the one he missed, after he made it already.

Yes, because that one lost the game. Only the fact that Russell Wilson then gifted us the ball gifted him another chance. So, yes, that was a CRUCIAL miss.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
There are so many kickers out there who are proven to be better than Zane. What are we waiting for?

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
I am not sure you want to hop on the kicker carousel at this point.

Shorting from 49 is bad, I am not denying that, but man some teams go years without finding even decent kickers.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Only question is whether or not there is even a decent replacement available. They better at least have some possible replacements in this week, but due to covid we would probably be stuck with him next week either way.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Zane has to go! He plays scared...the 49 yard kick he left short was evident of this. Just cant make big kicks sorry!

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Zane has to go! He plays scared...the 49 yard kick he left short was evident of this. Just cant make big kicks sorry!

When I see him tee up for a meaningless kick, I know he will make it. But when he tees up for a kick that is actually important I basically assume he will miss it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I see him tee up for a meaningless kick, I know he will make it. But when he tees up for a kick that is actually important I basically assume he will miss it.

yup. He’s Rackers Part 2. Remember that year Rackers set a record for most FGs made in a row... in games we got regularly plastered in? The next season he missed every big FG.