The Arizona 49er's

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Talk of the 49ers using State Farm Stadium as their 'home' stadium due to Covid-19 restrictions in their home county against contact sports/gatherings.

Go to NFL com (Posting a link opens up a page for advertising NFL Playbook. Look in right-hand column for article 'Niners considering playing home games is Arizona')

For or against a few weeks of the Arizona 49ers?

(I don't think it is going to matter. Covid-19 is about to catch up to the NFL. This might well be the last week that looks like a normal schedule.)

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Andrew Perloff
@andrewperloff
· 1h
"I've always thought the best place for them to go is Arizona. .... I have no idea what the stadium in San Diego... or Oakland... looks like." - Peter King on where 49ers should go on @dpshow

OP
OP
GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They should play in St Louis or Oakland or El Paso

The St. Louis fans are still angry with both the Cards and the Rams for packing bags and leaving them without an NFL team. It would be interesting to see the 49ers show up as the home team since the 49ers were a hated rival, especially for the Rams.

With no 'fans in the stands' the Whiners could play to an empty stadium in St. Louis.

I think the Oakland fans would surround the stadium and keep the Whiners from even getting inside. The Whiner hate is still strong.

EL Paso is a Covid-19 disaster. The El Paso fans would love to see NFL football---but you'd really be putting the team at risk to have them travel and play there.

OP
OP
GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would not be a surprise to see our stadium become one of the 'bubble sites' as we move into the playoffs. Hotels available to house teams---stadium away from the big city lights, etc. Place to stage the 'late' games for primetime back east.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a serious problem with the team deciding - after ZERO issues with fan spread in the stadium - to pull back fan attendance, followed by saying screw it lets put anther whole team in here. I have an even bigger problem with the fact that it's a division rival who now gets 2 extra games to play and get used to our stadium.

I am not trying to downplay the seriousness of the virus or anything like that. The issues of spread in the NFL has not been game day related even in DALLAS where they have 15k fans in and were in a massive hotspot at the same time. (I may be wrong about this, I haven't looked for stories, but I assume if there were stories ESPN would be frantically decrying all sports attendance the same way they spent the entire night after the world series shaming Justin Turner for coming back on the field rather than celebrating the Dodgers finally getting the monkey off their back.)

So yeah: zero on field spread reported, zero spread in stands, all spread is between players during the off days.

But yeah, let's make the fans stay home and lose out on the rest of the season but let a whole other team set up shop in the state.

Top this with the Nike lobbying against the bipartisan - and almost UNANIMOUS - bill to curb China's practice in using slave labor for products - I honestly don't know if I can put money on season tickets again.

OP
OP
GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have a serious problem with the team deciding - after ZERO issues with fan spread in the stadium - to pull back fan attendance, followed by saying screw it lets put anther whole team in here. I have an even bigger problem with the fact that it's a division rival who now gets 2 extra games to play and get used to our stadium.

I am not trying to downplay the seriousness of the virus or anything like that. The issues of spread in the NFL has not been game day related even in DALLAS where they have 15k fans in and were in a massive hotspot at the same time. (I may be wrong about this, I haven't looked for stories, but I assume if there were stories ESPN would be frantically decrying all sports attendance the same way they spent the entire night after the world series shaming Justin Turner for coming back on the field rather than celebrating the Dodgers finally getting the monkey off their back.)

So yeah: zero on field spread reported, zero spread in stands, all spread is between players during the off days.

But yeah, let's make the fans stay home and lose out on the rest of the season but let a whole other team set up shop in the state.

Top this with the Nike lobbying against the bipartisan - and almost UNANIMOUS - bill to curb China's practice in using slave labor for products - I honestly don't know if I can put money on season tickets again.

Not sure if the Whiners are going to be here all week, practice, then play at the Big Toaster OR if they are practising in California and flying in to play the games.

What would really burn my bottom would be for the Whiners to win out and sneak past us for the Wild Card. Can you even stomach that 'revoltin' development. They use our house to win the Wild Card and we are done for the season and watching the playoffs on TV.

Where are they going to play should they advance to the playoffs and gain a home game???

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Guys- allowing the niners here helps the league remain open.

some of you....

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Guys- allowing the niners here helps the league remain open.

some of you....
This....there is already talk that they may be planning "bubbles" for the playoffs, or sooner if things get bad. This would just give the league a chance to see how it may work, having a team pack up and move, while maintaining covid protocols...and it may mean AZ could be a bubble host and the Cards could stay put.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
49ers headed to Arizona on Wednesday for practice there this week

Matt Maiocco of NBCSportsBayArea.com reports the 49ers will leave for Arizona on Wednesday. They will practice at a site near State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.

It is unknown if the team has decided on practice plans beyond this week, but it would seem likely the 49ers will remain in Arizona for three weeks. The new measures require persons entering Santa Clara County to quarantine for 14 days upon return from travel of more than 150 miles.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if the Whiners are going to be here all week, practice, then play at the Big Toaster OR if they are practising in California and flying in to play the games.

What would really burn my bottom would be for the Whiners to win out and sneak past us for the Wild Card. Can you even stomach that 'revoltin' development. They use our house to win the Wild Card and we are done for the season and watching the playoffs on TV.

Where are they going to play should they advance to the playoffs and gain a home game???

This is a great point.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the 49ers pass us and sneak into the playoffs we don’t belong there anyway. Maybe we should think about the Rams and not the 49ers who like it or not are going to play in Phoenix.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the 49ers pass us and sneak into the playoffs we don’t belong there anyway. Maybe we should think about the Rams and not the 49ers who like it or not are going to play in Phoenix.

Well the Rams are going to sweep us, so we have to worry about the other teams as well at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA