Is this the peak of Kliff's Cardinals?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Franchise QB
Franchise LT
Franchise WR

..all healthy and a monumental struggle scoring points against mediocre defenses most games.

Kliff has proven to be a capable NFL play caller. The next step is not here. Is it Kyler or Kliff?

Are we seeing the peak of Cardinals in it's current construction?

This is not a reflection of current game but overall reflection of what they look like. Honestly, in a dog eat dog division they are third best team even when all their franchise players or healthy.

Many see "great" progress which I am not seeing. They just seem to be drifting with no identity. Sooner than later, teams with no identity perish from conversation.

Are we witnessing the peak?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Put Kyler under center from 6 inches out on 4th down ! Crappy play calling like that doesn't deserve to win! come on Kliff....D@MN
This is not about one play. The entire season and the offense.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
This offense is certainly nothing special. Hardly any motion, 1 audible a game, baffling play calls at times...especially when in the lead in the 4th quarter. KM with Mcvay, or Shanahan, or Reid would be lightyears ahead of where he is now, IMO.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This offense is certainly nothing special. Hardly any motion, 1 audible a game, baffling play calls at times...especially when in the lead in the 4th quarter. KM with Mcvay, or Shanahan, or Reid would be lightyears ahead of where he is now, IMO.
I am not there to declare that about Kyler. Kyler has his skills and Kliff may be getting most out of him. If this is the best the team can produce on offense it is not enough in this division.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Let's just say we're a freaking pathetic team. Absolutely pathetic. Good teams do lose game, of course they do. Teams with injuries lose games too. Good teams don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Not a single game this year can I look back and say, "Yeah, it's just one one of those days where the other team is clearly better than us." Not once. Each loss has TONS of eye-rolling coaching, penalties, player screw ups, and just plain stupidity.

We have some good players; we have a terrible TEAM.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's just say we're a freaking pathetic team. Absolutely pathetic. Good teams do lose game, of course they do. Teams with injuries lose games too. Good teams don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Not a single game this year can I look back and say, "Yeah, it's just one one of those days where the other team is clearly better than us." Not once. Each loss has TONS of eye-rolling coaching, penalties, player screw ups, and just plain stupidity.

We have some good players; we have a terrible TEAM.
Pathetic team is a strong word. Just a low energy team striving to achieve mediocrity from front office to coaches to players. They are mediocre. They did it and now is this it?

Stout

Reaction score
Pathetic team is a strong word. Just a low energy team striving to achieve mediocrity from front office to coaches to players. They are mediocre. They did it and now is this it?

As a TEAM, we are pathetic. Teams put things together, pull in the same direction, avoid stepping on their own "members," etc. Doesn't mean they can't have a unit of the team play lights out, or have an individual basically win a game (see Kyler in the first Seattle game), or rack up some points. Problem is it's a TEAM game, and we just suck as a TEAM.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You people are idiots.

You don't see great offensive progress from 2018 to 2019 to 2020? Wipe the facial out of your eyes.

Stout

Reaction score
You people are idiots.

You don't see great offensive progress from 2018 to 2019 to 2020? Wipe the facial out of your eyes.

Classy.

Yeah, we've improved, obviously. And yet we should be much, much better, record-wise. We absolutely shoot ourselves in the foot. CONSTANTLY. Growing pains suck, but we do the kinds of things that don't usually get fixed. No accounting for mind-numbing, boneheaded stupidity.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Get him out of here. Id get rid of him now so you can have a pick of top accomplished winning coaches in the NFL

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Franchise QB
Franchise LT
Franchise WR

..all healthy and a monumental struggle scoring points against mediocre defenses most games.

Kliff has proven to be a capable NFL play caller. The next step is not here. Is it Kyler or Kliff?

Are we seeing the peak of Cardinals in it's current construction?

This is not a reflection of current game but overall reflection of what they look like. Honestly, in a dog eat dog division they are third best team even when all their franchise players or healthy.

Many see "great" progress which I am not seeing. They just seem to be drifting with no identity. Sooner than later, teams with no identity perish from conversation.

Are we witnessing the peak?

I dont think Kyler was healthy but an average coach wins this game comfortably even with a hurt K1

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep calling him a turtle because he struggles in high pressure situations.

But he is very good in low leverage or when his back is against the wall.

So I just keep hoping he grows as a coach

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That 6-3 start is going to suck two more seasons out of Murray's rookie contract.

Got a lotta of flak for kinda saying the same last week. They are one unsuccessful hail Murray away from a four game loss. This team is not it. Most of the starters and coaches are going to return in 2021 and the results are going to be the same..

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I keep calling him a turtle because he struggles in high pressure situations.

But he is very good in low leverage or when his back is against the wall.

So I just keep hoping he grows as a coach
. What takes the confidence out of thinking like this is the continued penalties, slow starts, playing down to opponents, untimely timeouts, two long losing streaks in two seasons. Don't think this is going any where. Kliff is close to Anthony Lynn style of play calling and coaching than McVay.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson