Cardinals at Patriots gameday thread 11-29-20

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Once again amateur-hour coaching. First after wasting 2 timeouts he calls the last timeout so late a runoff on a false start would have ended the half. Then his inability to design run plays sends Drake into a hole certain to be filled by the defensive formation. I’d suggest a flip to Williams. They could have used that 2 man game options to provide alternatives. KK admired Murphy in high school and that’s the level his coaching might win at.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ya ummm no.... Take the guarantee points every time all day every day… Especially in a game like this gives momentum and you got the ball coming out of a half… Dumbest call ever

Right and if you get 7 and get the ball coming out you have a chance to put this game out of reach.

gotta have faith you can get a yard

Can’t play scared all the time

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He definitely should’ve scored that’s not even a question… But still he didn’t so we should’ve came away with three at minimum… Being up six with the ball coming out of the half is much better than three within getting a huge momentum boost making that stop…
I’d agree with your last statement if we weren’t getting the ball back after halftime.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you’re the Pats this is the best case scenario... getting that big stop right at the half. Play like poop and only down by a FG.

We should have at least 21 pts on the board. Let’s see how the team responds in the 2nd half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You put your QB under center in that situation...if not Murray, then use strevler there.

I think it's obvious they don't want Kyler to run because of the shoulder so yes Streveler makes sense except he's literally been sitting the entire half and then ok come in on 4th and inches and get it.

Kirk has to catch the ball that simple

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Going for it was the right play.

Drake sucks but the refs took that TD away from us by calling him short on the field. It was a TD. They did it to him earlier in the game too. Regardless, we need a power back.
That wasn’t on Drake. The play call not great and the center missed block on the MLB.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok...after a deep breath and not wanting to go all "Game thread Card reaction"

This is a Belicheck team that even gave Mahomes hell. Young QBs typically struggle vs. his teams and we're actually moving the ball efficiently.

Regroup. Score a TD to open the 3rd and play winning football.

We're ok.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
bruh its physically impossible for his body to be folded to side.. I get you can’t see the ball but come on..
That’s the NFL rules. Unless there’s clear evidence to overturn the call on the field they’ll stick with what’s called.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Once again amateur-hour coaching. First after wasting 2 timeouts he calls the last timeout so late a runoff on a false start would have ended the half. Then his inability to design run plays sends Drake into a hole certain to be filled by the defensive formation. I’d suggest a flip to Williams. They could have used that 2 man game options to provide alternatives. KK admired Murphy in high school and that’s the level his coaching might win at.

Kliff’s drop on 2nd and goal was critical. He should probably be cut/fired.