OT: Broncos will suit up and play without a QB tomorrow

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
The whole NFL and college football seasons have been somewhat of a joke.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sympathize with the Broncos and think the game should be postponed, but where do you draw the line? I don't see how the criteria can be related to a certain position. Would a Chief's game be postponed because Mahomes and Kelce are positive? Wouldn't it have to be a certain # of players regardless of position? How was the decision made for Ravens?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a fantasy perspective it's weird. I have the Saints defense but the way you score points in fantasy football is sacks, INT's and fumbles, I probably only have a chance to get one of the 3 unless they score every tackle for loss behind the LOS on the guy who takes the snap as a sack and I'm not sure they do.

I think the NFL believes the Broncos weren't following protocols because the claim is all 4 QB's were in the same meeting without masks and the one guy, Driskel wound up positive exposing the other 3. They said on ESPN that Denver sent paperwork, video etc trying to get the NFL to agree to reschedule and they said no. So I think the NFL is saying we don't believe you so no postponement?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely the right thing to do.

The rules were clear and they didn't follow them. Making them play is a message to the rest of the league.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think this game underscores the relative farce of the season. I don’t think this season should count in the record books. Let’s take a look at it:

no rookie camp

limited training camp

no preseason

I couldn’t even hazard a guess how many player games lost to Covid or Covid IR - we even have our first couple now. Imagine if they were Hop and Kyler. That becomes a throw away game. Leading to . . .

. . . a team that will now start zero QB. It’s a joke.

look, I’m entertained by the games. I’m obviously still watching. But the relative silliness of the season overall is settling in for me. Particularly as death numbers are rising. If even a single death could be traced to having played the season it was a tremendous mistake imo. Just my two cents.

To
Be fair, these yay-hoos were in their team meeting room without wearing masks and taking off their tracers. You hurt the team, and the League shouldn’t necessarily bail you out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To
Be fair, these yay-hoos were in their team meeting room without wearing masks and taking off their tracers. You hurt the team, and the League shouldn’t necessarily bail you out.

Exactly. Bailing teams out for dumb stuff is why they haven't been following the rules.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson