Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's about time to start a Suns update and discussion thread for 2020-21 season.

The preseason schedule for the NBA and Suns has been released. Each team will play a minimum of two and a maximum of four games.

Here is the Suns four preseason game schedule.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will be playing before you know it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear about ticket info. I don't imagine ill get to a game until March or April but it'll be interesting to see how the NBA handles things since they did a good job with the bubble. Of course that was quite different.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear about ticket info. I don't imagine ill get to a game until March or April but it'll be interesting to see how the NBA handles things since they did a good job with the bubble. Of course that was quite different.

im guessing no one goes to a game until March.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Training camp will be limited in participation.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns look to have virtual media available all week starting with James Jones today.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will start season on December 23rd playing the Mavericks on national television, ESPN.

(Repeat post)

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fun schedule:

NYE @Utah
NYD @ Den
B2B vs DEN
SBS noon game vs BOS
LOADS of national games including Zion twice, Ja, Bucks, Nets, etc.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s pretty sweet. Living in LA, I’ll get to watch 13 of our first half of the season games.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Strange schedule. Back to back home and road games against the same team.

Looks like we're going to get a lot of the Lakers, Clippers and Warriors in the second half of the season.

Also 9 back-to-backs and a few stretches of 4 games in 5 nights.

The schedule makers did not do us any favors...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like FSAZ will carry the games not nationally televised.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Looks like we're going to get a lot of the Lakers, Clippers and Warriors in the second half of the season.

The schedule makes did not do us any favors...

seems fine

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The schedule makes did not do us any favors...

It's the same for everyone. The league is trying to cut back on travel because of Covid.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Also, of course every team is playing B2B h/h r/r this year due to COVID. Try to know some things before posting sir sun

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's the same for everyone. The league is trying to cut back on travel because of Covid.

Would have preferred less back-to-backs. A more even home/road balance would have been fine. Second half of the season will be more road dominant, and I doubt we get a reprieve from the back-to-backs, plus our end stretch of games will feature 7 games against the Lakers, Clippers and Warriors. Especially given that we will have to rest Chris Paul accordingly, making the playoffs just became a much bigger challenge, in my opinion.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would have preferred less back-to-backs. A more even home/road balance would have been fine. Second half of the season will be more road dominant, and I doubt we get a reprieve from the back-to-backs, plus our end stretch of games will feature 7 games against the Lakers, Clippers and Warriors. Especially given that we will have to rest Chris Paul accordingly, making the playoffs just became a much bigger challenge, in my opinion.

Well... I'd probably rather get off to a strong start and try to hold on than dig a hole.

Regardless, they're squeezing 72 games into a season that is 2 months shorter than normal, there isn't any getting around a cramped schedule.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well... I'd probably rather get off to a strong start and try to hold on than dig a hole.

Regardless, they're squeezing 72 games into a season that is 2 months shorter than normal, there isn't any getting around a cramped schedule.

True, but for example the Lakers, Clippers and Mavericks only have 6 back-to-backs compared to our 9.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

With the short time to prepare it could be very beneficial to get the easier part of the schedule in sooner and then face the tougher part of the schedule once the team is gelling.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a hunch, but the Lakers probably have one of the least b2b’s scheduled

the first half yes but so do the Heat. The teams that played deep into the playoffs get a break the first half

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Question for all of you. Disregarding the suspension, who was better in his second year? Ayton or Amare.

To me it’s not really that close. It’s Deandre.. In fact, if you swapped Ayton for Amare on that Nash team, Deandre would be way better. Better rebounding, better midrange at that stage, better defense. JMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So. Question for all of you. Disregarding the suspension, who was better in his second year? Ayton or Amare.

To me it’s not really that close. It’s Deandre.. In fact, if you swapped Ayton for Amare on that Nash team, Deandre would be way better. Better rebounding, better midrange at that stage, better defense. JMO.

It's not just stats for me when comparing the two players. I guess one could make an argument who was the better player their second season. Personally I would take Amare.

Amare was clearly headed for stardom before the knee injury. He had the "it" factor and everyone could see it. We don't know yet about Ayton. He puts up nice stats but we don't if he will become a star in the league yet. Amare was the more aggressive player at this stage.

However, a couple of similar things are happening the third season for both players. Nash joined Amare his third season and Chris Paul will join Ayton in his third season.

Could the same thing happen to Ayton as it did Amare his third season? It's certainly possible if he is only in need of the right point guard to take off.

I'm definitely rooting for the same thing to happen to Ayton.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aytonde01.html

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose