Reaction score
Your Name

Release date: April 7, 2017
Studio: Funimation
Director: Makoto Shinkai
MPAA Rating: PG
Screenwriter: Makoto Shinkai
Genre: Anime

Starring: Ryunosuke Kamiki, Mone Kamishiraishi, Masami Nagasawa, Etsuko Ichihara, Ryo Narita, Aoi Yūki, Nobunaga Shimazaki, Kaito Ishikawa, and Kanon Tani.

Plot Summary: The day the stars fell, two lives changed forever. High schoolers Mitsuha and Taki are complete strangers living separate lives. But one night, they suddenly switch places. Mitsuha wakes up in Taki's body, and he in hers. This bizarre occurrence continues to happen randomly, and the two must adjust their lives around each other. Yet, somehow, it works. They build a connection and communicate by leaving notes, messages, and more importantly, an imprint. When a dazzling comet lights up the night's sky, something shifts, and they seek each other out wanting something more - a chance to finally meet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thank you for the thread BIM.

My friends, I encourage you all to go see this while it is out. It's currently playing in most of the Harkins around the valley.

Not only is it one of the best Animated films I've ever seen, I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favorite films I've ever seen. It was the most popular film of 2016 in Japan, and for good reason.

Take a date, they will LOVE IT. Both the english dubbed and subtitled versions of the movie are out. I highly reccomend the subtitled version, It's better, but I saw the dub as well and it's acceptable. If you like My Neighbor tortoro, Spirited away, Ponyo, go see this!

@thirty-two @Jersey Girl @Mainstreet @Brian in Mesa @DemsMyBoys @Linderbee I think all of you would really like this. Give it a shot if you have a chance. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My friends, I encourage you all to go see this while it is out. It's currently playing in most of the Harkins around the valley.

Not only is it one of the best Animated films I've ever seen, I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favorite films I've ever seen. It was the most popular film of 2016 in Japan, and for good reason.

Take a date, they will LOVE IT. Both the english dubbed and subtitled versions of the movie are out. I highly reccomend the subtitled version, It's better, but I saw the dub as well and it's acceptable. If you like My Neighbor tortoro, Spirited away, Ponyo, go see this!

@thirty-two @Jersey Girl @Mainstreet @Brian in Mesa @DemsMyBoys @Linderbee I think all of you would really like this. Give it a shot if you have a chance. :)

I will give it a look. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbup:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never in a million years would have considered watching this but I will definitely make an effort to based on your recommendation alone, @Bert .

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Should have tagged dcr; he's the one learning Japanese. I'll try to check it out; we don't go to the theater often, but maybe I can convince him!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Neat story. I was unimpressed at the beginning, but it grew on me as the plot developed. Definitely a must watch if you like Japanese anime.