Arizona State Basketball 2020-21

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Not impressed at all with Remy's first two games.
Remy is Remy... he’s never changed and he can never be anything but who he is. Passionate. Spirited. Pseudo-Leader. Out of control. Poor shooter. Poor FT shooter. Turn-over machine...
Every once in a while he’ll find his stroke and sink some ridiculous 3’s. But that’s more of a fluke.
He can penetrate and finish - sometimes, but too many times he penetrates and then turns the ball over...
I love the kid. But he wouldn’t be a starter on any Top 10 team...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch the game but I followed the box score.

It looked like Remy Martin quit shooting in the second half (2-8) for 5 points for the game. His stats at halftime were close to being the same as at the end of the game.

Forward Robinson-Earl looked like the real thing after watching video clips from the game. The same applied to Josh Christopher.

I'm thinking the Sun Devils really miss Romello White.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401260008

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Christopher named PAC-12 Freshman of the Week.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Christopher named PAC-12 Freshman of the Week.

Kid is a lottery pick IMO. Not a great shooter but does everything else well and his shot is not broken. Plays defense. Wanted him bigtime at UCLA but I can see where ASU was a good choice, the way Hurley uses his guards is perfect for a kid like Josh.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the injury to Bagley is not a major setback.

The Sun Devils played without Alonzo Verge and reserve guard Caleb Christopher.

By Logan Newman, Arizona Sports:

After the game, head coach Bobby Hurley said the medical staff believes it is a left calf injury and that it is not “catastrophic.”

“They felt pretty good that it wasn’t the worst-case scenario, but we’re going to check everything and make sure when we get back to Arizona,” Hurley said.

https://arizonasports.com/story/2468307/asu-basketball-beats-cal-marcus-bagley-injury/

Also link to ESPN box score.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401257440

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All considering it was a good win at Haas Pavilion. Sun Devils go to 3-1. Golden Bears are now 2-2.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hurley said they don't think the injury is catastrophic but yes live it looked like achilles because he looked back at the leg like everyone does when they pop one so hopefully not.

You guys are loaded at guard, Verge didn't even play but Remy, Christopher and I really like Holland Woods off the bench too a mini microwave.

The one guy at ASU I continue to be surprised by is Taeshon Cherry, I thought he was going to be so much better than he actually is

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one guy at ASU I continue to be surprised by is Taeshon Cherry, I thought he was going to be so much better than he actually is
I can't stand Cherry. He spends more time on the ground than upright. He is a headcase and so frustrating.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some good news about Marcus Bagley.

By Tyler Drake | Arizona Sports:

“I’m very happy with where Marcus is and we’ve been very blessed and fortunate to get the medical [information] back that we did get back,” head coach Bobby Hurley told Arizona Sports’ Doug & Wolf on Tuesday. “His Achilles is completely clean, it’s intact. There were no strains or sprains or tears or anything to that area and that was my first initial thought when I saw him go down.

“Like I said I think postgame, your heart stops for the kid. He’s worked so hard, such a gifted kid, has such a bright future as a pro down the line and we just didn’t want to see anything like that happen for him.”

The team plans to evaluate the freshman over the next few days and see how he looks at practice before making a final decision Thursday on whether Bagley will suit up against the No. 24 San Diego State Aztecs.

https://arizonasports.com/story/247...ortunate-with-f-marcus-bagleys-injury-update/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't know there was a university by this name.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
San Diego State plays at Arizona State tonight at 8 p.m. Arizona time on FS1.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr