Wk 12-Arizona Cardinals @ NE Patriots Pre Game Thread. 2020

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We need both.

Not to beat this Patriot team. Granted Belichick is the best coach right now but one cannot beat superior material when the variables are a player like Murray who is the ultimate athletic wildcard... if, that's if Kyler is healthy and allowed to bawl and be himself :raccoon:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 -7 outscoring teams in 1st half
9 -1 outscoring teams in 2nd half

Thats a mind blowing stat. If we get 1st half issues sorted out & keep it up in 2nd half, rest of season going to be very interesting

What I find most stunning is that if anything it should be the other way around. Your half you have your scripted plays and you should be able to impose your game plan before the other team adjusts.

For me this is an indicator of how bad our coaching and game planning is. Coming into games unprepared and with a plan that doesn't work or that was so transparent the other team are prepared for.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Hopkins has been consistently productive against the Patriots over the years but has yet to enjoy a truly excellent game against Bill Belichick’s defense.

In three meetings since Gilmore’s arrival in 2017, Hopkins has caught seven, eight and five passes for 76, 78 and 64 yards. The four-time Pro Bowler also has yet to catch a touchdown pass in six career games against the Patriots, and none of those six performances rank in his personal top 50 in terms of receiving yardage.

Adding to the intrigue of this already-enticing matchup are the barbs Gilmore and Hopkins traded on Twitter after last year’s Patriots-Texans clash, which Houston won 28-22.

Hopkins posted a photo of himself catching a pass against Gilmore and insinuated New England frequently double-covered him. Gilmore disputed that claim.

“Bro was doubled on only 2 snaps all game and wants to be loud lol,” the cornerback tweeted.

Gilmore was correct, for the record.

The Patriots doubled Hopkins on just two of their 56 defensive snaps, hitting him with a mix of man and zone coverage on the other 54. Unfortunately for New England, both of those snaps resulted in touchdown passes to other Texans players (one to Duke Johnson, one to Kenny Stills).

https://nesn.com/2020/11/stephon-gi...et-to-renew-rivalry-in-patriots-vs-cardinals/

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I find most stunning is that if anything it should be the other way around. Your half you have your scripted plays and you should be able to impose your game plan before the other team adjusts.

For me this is an indicator of how bad our coaching and game planning is. Coming into games unprepared and with a plan that doesn't work or that was so transparent the other team are prepared for.
.......Saying it should be the other way around pretty much tells you that your coaching staff can’t make halftime adjustments at all.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's on the coaching staff week after week not having the team prepared.

It puts us behind and in a hole.

Halftime adjustments are not always good either.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Kliff has been out-coached in most of the games this year and last. It’s ONLY due to him being bailed out by FREAK players like Kyler and D-Hop that he has won the games he’s won.
Seriously, if you go back and look, most of our wins have not come because Kliff out-smarted, out-schemed or made the better adjustments vs the opposing head coach.
So, what do we think a guy like Belicheck will do with Kliff? Hmmmmm... I personally believe Bill will have Kliff twisted into a pretzel by the 3rd quarter. And if we have even the slightest chance for a win come the start of the 4th, it will be because Kyler has been working his magic - mainly with his legs.

I see the Pats doing all they can to run the ball down our throats and controlling TOP in a major way.
Yup... it will once again boil down to Kyler. Can he make enough “get out of jail” plays to somehow grab the W... personally, I don’t believe so as I believe Belicheck will scheme and coach and adjust his way to the victory, while Kliff will be left with his ho-hum, redundant post-game comments about how he needs to call better plays... needs to get the team better prepared... blah blah blah...

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff has been out-coached in most of the games this year and last. It’s ONLY due to him being bailed out by FREAK players like Kyler and D-Hop that he has won the games he’s won.
Seriously, if you go back and look, most of our wins have not come because Kliff out-smarted, out-schemed or made the better adjustments vs the opposing head coach.
So, what do we think a guy like Belicheck will do with Kliff? Hmmmmm... I personally believe Bill will have Kliff twisted into a pretzel by the 3rd quarter. And if we have even the slightest chance for a win come the start of the 4th, it will be because Kyler has been working his magic - mainly with his legs.

I see the Pats doing all they can to run the ball down our throats and controlling TOP in a major way.
Yup... it will once again boil down to Kyler. Can he make enough “get out of jail” plays to somehow grab the W... personally, I don’t believe so as I believe Belicheck will scheme and coach and adjust his way to the victory, while Kliff will be left with his ho-hum, redundant post-game comments about how he needs to call better plays... needs to get the team better prepared... blah blah blah...

I think we will because Cam Newton is a shell of himself and can only throw inbetween the hashes.

If Beli still had a Brady I would be far more concerned.

Probably going to be a tight game until pace and K1/Hop kick in and pull away early 4th

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Imo what we do best is wear teams down.

I remember in the Bills game Kyler ran for 28 yards and was immediately signaling for his teammates to get to the LOS so they can run another player.

When we're just running plays at a normal tempo we lose our advantage. Whether its play calling or execution we're just not as good. Charles Davis said that game we needed to play much faster and when we did we took the lead. However, when we tried to run clock our execution was terrible.

Its why the Chris Simms of the world start hating..

If we ever get a rhythm early in games and PLAY FAST...we could be tough to stop.

However, our calling card is tempo...at least as of now.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

The idea of scripting plays is to see the reaction of the defense. Then you adjust the offense to counter their tendency's. So if anything that would indicate KK is adjusting to what the other defense is offering. At least that's the way I look at it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The idea of scripting plays is to see the reaction of the defense. Then you adjust the offense to counter their tendency's. So if anything that would indicate KK is adjusting to what the other defense is offering. At least that's the way I look at it.
No, that’s only a part of scripting plays. Scripting is also to establish a rhythm. The offense typically runs the scripted in order to so it’s fully practiced. And each player in a script is design to set up the next or the one thereafter. They certainly aren’t just throw away plays to set up something later in the game.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
the game script is typically used for 3 main reasons. The first is that they get a chance to see how the defense reacts to a handful of different looks and situations, which helps give coaches a chance to see what the defense has gameplanned against them, and how best to beat what they are doing.

Can't post the link from my phone.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
No, that’s only a part of scripting plays. Scripting is also to establish a rhythm. The offense typically runs the scripted in order to so it’s fully practiced. And each player in a script is design to set up the next or the one thereafter. They certainly aren’t just throw away plays to set up something later in the game.
Ya I guess there are several different philosophies on this. Both are right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave