I hope we finish as the 7th seed

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i guess this is as good a place to put this take:

i see the Cardinals following a Bills like trajectory: 1st year Qb -- promise. 2nd year-- makes the playoffs / is a tough out 3rd year-- legit contender

the Bills are in their third year and if i am Pitt or KC : i would hate to play them in the divisional round.

so for this year-- the goal is making the playoffs and getting K1 that experience. Making noise in the playoffs becomes a bonus.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We can beat anyone in the NFC playoffs...there aren't any elite teams there, and none with the playoff pedigree to scare me.

We can also lose to any of them, because our own coach tends to choke in crunch time.

I think our ceiling is 1 playoff win this year, but I will be happy just to get there.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i guess this is as good a place to put this take:

i see the Cardinals following a Bills like trajectory: 1st year Qb -- promise. 2nd year-- makes the playoffs / is a tough out 3rd year-- legit contender

the Bills are in their third year and if i am Pitt or KC : i would hate to play them in the divisional round.

so for this year-- the goal is making the playoffs and getting K1 that experience. Making noise in the playoffs becomes a bonus.

We are already better than Buffalo this year per wDVOA and we beat them. I hope we are better next year than they are this year.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just seeing cards in playoffs would be dope!!!

I think if simmons catches fire and healthy kyler a surprise poff run could be possible

All starts in nengland

Play with fire Cards def!!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Look at the teams behind us & their schedules & ask yourself who is gonna pass us?
Both the Panthers and the Vikings concern me. Especially the Panthers, who only need to make up two games, as they own the tiebreaker.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Both the Panthers and the Vikings concern me

the good news is they play each other this weekend -- one of those teams is (likely) leaving with a loss

I suppose Carolina could go 5-0 to wrap the season and finish 9-7, but that seems unlikely, especially with a trip to GB in the works for them (and a finale vs NO, who might be playing for a #1 seed)

Minn would have to go 5-1 at the worst, and they go to TB and to NO in their final 6.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the good news is they play each other this weekend -- one of those teams is (likely) leaving with a loss

I suppose Carolina could go 5-0 to wrap the season and finish 9-7, but that seems unlikely, especially with a trip to GB in the works for them (and a finale vs NO, who might be playing for a #1 seed)

Minn would have to go 5-1 at the worst, and they go to TB and to NO in their final 6.
Pretty much this.

Can easily see Fangio & that defense give Carolina problems as well.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If we go 3-3 they have to win out. Not happening. They have GB and NO left.
Kyler's ailing, our DL is down to starting 36 year old street free agents, our DBs are nearly just as thin... and we have really tough matchups down the stretch. We never perform well in East Coast games, of which we have two in the next three weeks.

Not trying to be doom and gloom here, this team is way better than I thought going in. But these injuries and the spread of Covid makes me worried in comparison to a team who is about to get one of the best players in the league back.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I actually would not want to be the team that faces whomever comes out of the NFC East. Why? They will be playing with house money and get a home game (likely with only 5 to 6 wins). The team who faces them could be destined to the absolute worst type of NFL histroy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler's ailing, our DL is down to starting 36 year old street free agents, our DBs are nearly just as thin... and we have really tough matchups down the stretch. We never perform well in East Coast games, of which we have two in the next three weeks.

Not trying to be doom and gloom here, this team is way better than I thought going in. But these injuries and the spread of Covid makes me worried in comparison to a team who is about to get one of the best players in the league back.
Really tough matchups? If you mean the Rams, then yea, agreed.

Just through the toughest stretch of the schedule, but you never know.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m confident as hell we’ll beat the Niners & Eagles, but we at least have to beat one of Giants/Patriots. Must.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Really tough matchups? If you mean the Rams, then yea, agreed.

Just through the toughest stretch of the schedule, but you never know.
I mainly meant the Rams, but I'm weighting the New England and Giants games for that East Coast start time. The 49ers also have played lots of teams tough.

The Eagles are the least scary, but even they're getting Ertz back by the time we play, and will have an offense that looks more like what they want it to normally look like.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mainly meant the Rams, but I'm weighting the New England and Giants games for that East Coast start time. The 49ers also have played lots of teams tough.

The Eagles are the least scary, but even they're getting Ertz back by the time we play, and will have an offense that looks more like what they want it to normally look like.
Yea, I don’t think we’ll beat both NYG/NE. Doubt we lose to both though.

Despite Shanny being a good coach, he doesn’t really make me nervous like McVay does. We always get the best of the Niners when we’re matched up evenly(2017, 2018, opener of this year) & while they swept us in 2019, we played them real close in both contests despite them being vastly more talented. Shanny just doesn’t put the fear in the Cards like McVay does.

Ertz is washed & Wentz is just flat out awful. Just awful.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Rams right now are the best team in the NFC, especially for us since they have the defense and the offense relies on the run... but I am a happy camper, since we are way ahead of schedule :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My biggest issue with this team is that whether we win or not seems not to depend on the performance of the team as a whole, but on whether Kyler has an elite game or a bad game.

There seems to be very little in the way of all round performance and team victories. The only one is the first Seahawks game where the defense showed up in the 2nd half, ST's contributed and Kyler and the offense played well. Maybe the Niners victory but our offense was garbage in the first half and we still gave up 21 points to a team with no wide receivers. Feel's more like Kylers 2nd half performance won that one.

Too much is on Kyler. He can't lean on a consistent run game. He can't lean on a defense that will consistently stop drives. It's 100% on Kyler to be at peak all the time. It must be exhausting.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We do lean too much on KM but that’s to be expected at this point. IMO he can carry us for a while. GBR!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose