2021 Draft Targets

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Agreed. As much as I don’t want to take a RB or WR in round 2 the talent those positions and our ability to get them on the field and get production out of them immediately might dictate taking one.

Agreed. It's going to be tough for us to pay another good WR at a FA level (too expensive) because of Dhop. Also difficult to commit big $ to RB's when they seem to be so easy to find.

Aaron Jones is significantly underutilized in Green Bay and is a FA in '21. I don't know his price vs Drake but we are going to need RB's this offseason.

We also need a solid #2 WR. I consider Kirk a good #3 WR and Larry is still a legend but more of a complimentary piece at this point.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone wouldn't have CB as the biggest need for the team. I see Edge as 2nd and of course O and D lines should always be considered.

Can't believe SK will be able to do much in FA because of how many current players are pending free agents and how much the CAP is going to go down.

Ideally a team should have decent depth if the scouting department is any good...

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am hoping the Cards success this year is a "come to jesus" moment for bidwill and kiem in ensuring they put in actual football personnel and competent decision makers in scouting and player development.

There are so many holes covered up by this team by over paying middling veteran players from other teams.

Thats not sustainable. They gotta figure this out.

They should consider trading up and ensure they can get a "cant miss" offensive wr or tight end like Pitts.

Kyler is on his rookie deal, cant afford to miss on draft swings much longer

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am hoping the Cards success this year is a "come to jesus" moment for bidwill and kiem in ensuring they put in actual football personnel and competent decision makers in scouting and player development.

There are so many holes covered up by this team by over paying middling veteran players from other teams.

Thats not sustainable. They gotta figure this out.

They should consider trading up and ensure they can get a "cant miss" offensive wr or tight end like Pitts.

Kyler is on his rookie deal, cant afford to miss on draft swings much longer

it's a catch 22 IMO, with the cap likely to shrink there's going to be temptation to try and load up on defense in the draft keep as many of your own FA's as you can and like Seattle did with Wilson, hope Kyler can carry the offense with D Hop.

I would love another WR or a TE like Pitts but I fully expect us to spend the money on defense

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
it's a catch 22 IMO, with the cap likely to shrink there's going to be temptation to try and load up on defense in the draft keep as many of your own FA's as you can and like Seattle did with Wilson, hope Kyler can carry the offense with D Hop.

I would love another WR or a TE like Pitts but I fully expect us to spend the money on defense

Normally Id agree

Little faith that Kiem and Vance Joseph and identify the talent needed to come in and play effectively early on.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. As much as I don’t want to take a RB or WR in round 2 the talent those positions and our ability to get them on the field and get production out of them immediately might dictate taking one.
I’m okay with drafting a WR in round 2.

RB though? Helllllll no.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We are in the thick of things right now in a season which finally has some bearing going into November and people are talking about the Covid affected draft... guess ole habits are hard to break lol

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
We are in the thick of things right now in a season which finally has some bearing going into November and people are talking about the Covid affected draft... guess ole habits are hard to break lol
Meh, good mid-week conversations IMO. But I am always interested in the draft as it's future stock baby.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We should draft Najee Harris in round 2. Would be phenomenal in this offense.

I will get flack for this but our offense needs a #1 RB to achieve consistent performance. We need a RB that can do it all...run, catch, and pick-up 1 yard in tough situations.

I am not sure how Najee would fit into the offense but he can do all three of those things. The big knock on him is speed.

I know we need CB and pass rush help but if Etienne was there at the end of round 1 and the organization felt confident he was the the right fit...I wouldn't mind taking him at all.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will get flack for this but our offense needs a #1 RB to achieve consistent performance. We need a RB that can do it all...run, catch, and pick-up 1 yard in tough situations.

I am not sure how Najee would fit into the offense but he can do all three of those things. The big knock on him is speed.

I know we need CB and pass rush help but if Etienne was there at the end of round 1 and the organization felt confident he was the the right fit...I wouldn't mind taking him at all.

Yes!
he is like Alvin Kamara, would be huge for the offense

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

It’s one of those opportunies. I wouldn’t love taking a rb in round 1. But if it’s late first and etienne I’m good with it.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members