I hope we finish as the 7th seed

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d love the 5th seed, but in all likelihood that will end up belonging to the Bucs or Rams.

Winning the division this year will be overrated. The 3rd seed which is currently Seattle (I see the NFC North & South getting the top two seeds) is going to be rewarded by having to play again either the Bucs (I’m assuming the Saints win the south) or the Rams.

I think the Cards best chances in the postseason is any path that avoids having to play a divisional rival a 3rd time. Having familiarity against an athlete like Kyler is a true advantage. I would happily take my chances against the Saints or Packers during wildcard weekend.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If its the Packers I agree.

If its the Saints? We'd probably get smacked around. Bad matchup.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I want them to make the playoffs, but no way I prefer them to be the 7th seed.

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who’s gonna catch us?

No one. With the two game buffer over teams behind us combined with 4 of our last 6 opponents not having winning records, and barring Kyler getting hurt we are back in the playoffs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dunno
It’s hard to beat a team twice in one season
Even harder to beat them three times in one season
I know the saints just won but without drew brees they don’t scare me one bit.... and they may not win their division
5th seed gets the NFC East winner.... that’s who we should be shooting for

let the bucs... saints...packers... Seahawks.. and rams beat each other up and face whichever of them makes the second round

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
This season will be the rare example of when you don’t want to win the division. The division winner is going to have a much tougher road than the 5 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would love to finish with whatever seed it takes to play the "Shehawks" once more, with our actual starting DL back. Hate those $!#@ers lol.

I feel you...But I would be so nervous about a round 3 matchup. To lose to them in the playoffs would be the ultimate heartbreaker. Losing to another team like the Saints or Packers wouldn’t hurt nearly as much.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I feel you...But I would be so nervous about a round 3 matchup. To lose to them in the playoffs would be the ultimate heartbreaker. Losing to another team like the Saints or Packers wouldn’t hurt nearly as much.
But also on the flip side of that, a win against those $@!#ards would be so sweet. Just seeing the look on the "gum chompers" face when he knows his season is over would be classic. Fear no one bro!

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
TB WR vs our DBs is as close to a nightmare as I can imagine. Patrick Peterson would be made to look foolish against Evans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the Bucs would smash us but ok.

I'd rather have the 5 seed.

You know I think Dallas with all their talent could end up looking competent by seasons end. I think whoever goes to Dallas is gonna feel a lot of self imposed pressure to not lose this game, while Dallas will soak up all the media talk that they don’t belong there. It’s kind of a trap game for the 5 seed.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You know I think Dallas with all their talent could end up looking competent by seasons end. I think whoever goes to Dallas is gonna feel a lot of self imposed pressure to not lose this game, while Dallas will soak up all the media talk that they don’t belong there. It’s kind of a trap game for the 5 seed.
A trap game against Dallas is still better than a playoff game against Brady when he has talent to throw to.

Traps shouldn’t be an issue.... our team is young and they will be excited to be in the playoffs.... losing focus is a bigger threat due to inexperienced players.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I would be mad losing to Saints. They purposely hurt Kurt in 2009.

I wouldn’t mind losing to Packers. We own them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I wouldn't bank on Dallas just because they beat an average Vikings and didn't look complete trash. Either way, whoever it is will be the worst team in the playoffs. And I'd rather play the worst team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose