Who's your most underappreciated player in Cardinal history

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Talking about how the fans viewed him, with nothing to do with the front office, contracts or trades etc... mine is Ronald McKinnon
He was a good guy too. My son had a McKinnon jersey on when we were up in Flagstaff watching practice. After he came over and talked to us and signed my son's jersey.
I had another connection to him because his brother was in my National Guard unit and we talked about that too.

My vision of Eric Swann was of him just engulfing quarterbacks and they just seemed like rag dolls. He'd just toss them like nothing. You could see that they feared him.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lots of good names: McKinnon, Centers, Tilley, Sanders, Swann. . .

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Seems like most of you missed the entire premise of the thread.
My pick is Ronnie Mac

fans never did anything but itch about how un athletic he was... how all his tackles were five yards downfield.... yada yada
But all Ronald McKinnon did was bring his undersized ass to work every day.... he hustled on every play... he was the only moving piece on terrible defenses every play..... Ronald McKinnon never let the team down and cardinals fans did nothing but bitch about his shortcomings the entire way.

easily the most under appreciated by fans

Larry Centers??? Are you serious? The fans loved Larry Centers

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Seems like most of you missed the entire premise of the thread.
My pick is Ronnie Mac

fans never did anything but itch about how un athletic he was... how all his tackles were five yards downfield.... yada yada
But all Ronald McKinnon did was bring his undersized ass to work every day.... he hustled on every play... he was the only moving piece on terrible defenses every play..... Ronald McKinnon never let the team down and cardinals fans did nothing but bitch about his shortcomings the entire way.

easily the most under appreciated by fans

Larry Centers??? Are you serious? The fans loved Larry Centers

Exactly, and they appreciated Eric Swann (why then everyone was upset when he had to call his career done due to injuries), for the most part we loved Jake the Snake, we appreciated Frank Sanders accordingly too... McKinnon was my first choice which is relevant because back then MLB was more of a run stuffer and the guy did his job with little fanfare

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose