2 - Booker, Moore, Galloway, Carter
3 - Bridges, Nader, Crowder
4 - Crowder, Cam, Saric, Smith
5 - Ayton, Saric, Smith, Jones

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If not already posted, Elie Okobo is waived. It was not unexpected.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The writing was on the wall (thankfully) with the Galloway signing.

The only thing I was thinking is Okobo and Nader could have been used in a minor trade but I think the Suns want to keep Nader.

That BAE is looking awfully good if something comes along now or later in the season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only thing I was thinking is Okobo and Nader could have been used in a minor trade but I think the Suns want to keep Nader.

That BAE is looking awfully good if something comes along now or later in the season.

Really wondering where Hassan Whiteside is going to end up, but he will certainly command more than the BAE...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really wondering where Hassan Whiteside is going to end up, but he will certainly command more than the BAE...

Is there such a thing as too much depth. Nah.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt Whiteside is an option. Despite being productive in Miami and Portland neither team cared to retain him. I recall hearing he's nor a good locker room guy while he was in Miami, wanting a much larger role offensively. He wouldn't be more than a 20 minute a night backup here, which I doubt he's interested in.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt Whiteside is an option. Despite being productive in Miami and Portland neither team cared to retain him. I recall hearing he's nor a good locker room guy while he was in Miami, wanting a much larger role offensively. He wouldn't be more than a 20 minute a night backup here, which I doubt he's interested in.

I don't know if they have any room but I know a team that would appreciate him... the Jazz.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
The Crowder signing does improve our positional flexibility quite a bit with him being able to play both 3 and 4.

To me Payne is the issue. Unlike you I don't think he is the real deal - and history is on my side. We need a reliable 3rd guard who can create his own shot. Barring a Baynes sign and trade miracle, that probably isn't happening though.

So CP3 and Booker can create. Maybe Carter cannot create consistently, but his defense and three pointer is spot on. Okobo must take big strides to provide a consistent scoring punch off the bench. I guess you're right. We could use another guard that can create his own shot. Get one on the cheap who has very limited responsibilities. Just shoot it when you're open, and go get some when the opportunity is there. Is Leandro Barbosa still playing?

notdeadyet

Reaction score
A 2nd unit of Moore, Galloway, Johnson, Smith, and Saric, mixing in Payne, Carter, and Nader seems like a nice upgrade overall. We might be wise to find another C to replace Baynes though...

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A 2nd unit of Moore, Galloway, Johnson, Smith, and Saric, mixing in Payne, Carter, and Nader seems like a nice upgrade overall. We might be wise to find another C to replace Baynes though...

We did sign Damian Jones too. He's no Baynes, but I think we should be covered at backup center with him and then Saric and Smith both able to play the 5. He's big and athletic. Nothing special, but should be good for the few minutes we'll need from him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The same here. It's better not to disrupt the second unit chemistry.

I'd like an additional option to Damian Jones in case of injury or foul trouble to Ayton. Maybe Jalen Smith can be that player but he needs to develop his body.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So is this the updated depth chart? I am a bit lost:

PG--Paul, Galloway, Payne, Carter
SG--Booker, Galloway, Moore, Carter, Alexander
SF--Bridges, Johnson, Crowder, Moore, Nader
PF-- Saric, Crowder, Smith, Johnson
C--Ayton, Jones, Smith

Seems like there will be great competition for several spots in training camp.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So is this the updated depth chart? I am a bit lost:

PG--Paul, Galloway, Payne, Carter
SG--Booker, Galloway, Moore, Carter, Alexander
SF--Bridges, Johnson, Crowder, Moore, Nader
PF-- Saric, Crowder, Smith, Johnson
C--Ayton, Jones, Smith

Seems like there will be great competition for several spots in training camp.

My best guess would be Saric comes off the bench as the top backup at 4 and 5 and Crowder starts at the 4. But this looks about right to me otherwise.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will pick up club option on Abdel Nader.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm. Guess they really wanted Nader. Now I am intrigued.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hmm. Guess they really wanted Nader. Now I am intrigued.
He was a solid rotation player for the Thunder last year. I see him as kind of Mikal light. Mikal is a little quicker and a better overall defender, but Nader is solid on that end and can hit 3s. Their measurables are actually almost identical believe it or not.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He was a solid rotation player for the Thunder last year. I see him as kind of Mikal light. Mikal is a little quicker and a better overall defender, but Nader is solid on that end and can hit 3s. There measurables are actually almost identical believe it or not.
Interesting!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA