Suns sign Langston Galloway

OP
OP
Proximo

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shot 40% from 3 last year and scored 14 a game.

Not a great initiator, more of a shooting guard, but again gives us a good experienced option if Paul is out

Cam Payne and Jevon Carter are going to have big time competition for minutes with Galloway and Moore. Should bring out the best in all of them hopefully.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Galloway is a good shooter, but he’s less of a creator than Carter. Still need someone to handle the offense off the bench (maybe it’s Payne).

OP
OP
Proximo

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Galloway shot 54% for the season 126 attempts for corner 3's

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Galloway, Moore, and Carter are all combo guards of sorts, capable of playing either guard spot and Payne can also play both guard spots but will be relied on more as a PG. I'm actually ok with the idea of two of those 4 on the court together as the 2nd units backcourt, especially with a good passing big like Saric to help with ball movement.

Yet another solid signing.

If Okobo is waived now I hope they can get another backup C, only an older backup with more experience than Jones or Saric.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Galloway, Moore, and Carter are all combo guards of sorts, capable of playing either guard spot and Payne can also play both guard spots but will be relied on more as a PG. I'm actually ok with the idea of two of those 4 on the court together as the 2nd units backcourt, especially with a good passing big like Saric to help with ball movement.

Yet another solid signing.

If Okobo is waived now I hope they can get another backup C, only an older backup with more experience than Jones or Saric.

Good point on Saric helping run offense and creating off dribble penetration when Booker and Paul sit.

Dedmon is free, I think.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jones has really gone all in on surrounding Paul, Booker and Ayton with complimentary players. Not really any redundancy in place if any of those guys are out. Should be be tough to stop though with all the shooting they have added.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point on Saric helping run offense and creating off dribble penetration when Booker and Paul sit.

Dedmon is free, I think.

I don't know if Dewayne Dedmon is free but the Suns were rumored to be interested in him awhile back before he went to Kings.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I didn't want him as a primary acquisition, but as playmaking depth, I am all for it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nice addition. If this team isn’t a good three point shooting team I don’t know what went wrong.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That's fascinating. They speculated he would take less than his salary last season to play here, but based on everything that's happened with the team, he's taking even less. This seems like a signing that would have made sense a week ago moreso than now.
I am seeing we are loading up on D and shooting. Seems like when in doubt JJ signs another shooter just to be sure! Can't have too many on the bench when guys have cold shooting nights.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nice addition. If this team isn’t a good three point shooting team I don’t know what went wrong.

Even more than the actual percentage, the willingness and ability to take shots (the threat of shooting) is 100% improved this year. The offense will be more efficient than pre-bubble (112.6 points per100) or I will eat my hat

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's fascinating. They speculated he would take less than his salary last season to play here, but based on everything that's happened with the team, he's taking even less. This seems like a signing that would have made sense a week ago moreso than now.

Maybe Galloway wanted to play here. He seems to be worth more than his contract. Some good players always fall through the cracks.

I like how the Suns are adding shooting and play making through through the use of more available smaller guards in the same mode of Patty Mills, Seth Curry, Trey Burke and JJ Barea.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Galloway is a good shooter, but he’s less of a creator than Carter. Still need someone to handle the offense off the bench (maybe it’s Payne).
It's Payne and Saric (out of the post) that will do most of the playmaking and I think they should do a solid job with it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't know who he was. He had a 32 point game for the Pistons last year.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why are people saying he averaged 14 PPG? He averaged 10.3.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the quick release by Galloway and that little floater.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave