Saric re-signs for $27M/3yr

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, good deal. And leaves us room for another depth signing, with the BAE or otherwise.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Not to get everyone riled up, but when you think about it, JJ made last year's team watchable by bringing in Rubio and Oubre. Now I think he built off those moves. Gotta give him some credit for that.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awesome liked saric as a bench player

Good 3yr deal for good depth

Solid offseason

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good deal here. Saric is still young enough to improve and hopefully being locked up for 3 more years will allow him to settle in completely so he plays like he did in the second half of last season. He has a history of starting slow on new teams so lets hope that's now behind him.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not to get everyone riled up, but when you think about it, JJ made last year's team watchable by bringing in Rubio and Oubre. Now I think he built off those moves. Gotta give him some credit for that.

Roster building is about
(1) star acquisition
(2) marginal and steady improvements

Cam and Saric for #6 was a good example of winning on the margins. As is the Crowder pick-up. Maybe Cam Payne as well.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not too bad, and I'm glad to see him back. I was getting pretty nervous last Friday, but at least on paper looks like Jones has done a good job bringing in pretty experienced guys who are regarded as good team players who will play hard, solid offenders, and can spread the floor on O.I would have liked Baynes back. I guess I can have everything. Hopefully Smith can have a good rookie year and/or we can sign one more PF/C backup that surprises us.

Go Suns,
Joe

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Very good deal. Very good indeed!

Personally, this is where I felt Rubio should have probably been priced. But my perspective was always jaded.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good deal. Very good indeed!

Personally, this is where I felt Rubio should have probably been priced. But my perspective was always jaded.

Probably except the market inflated the price of point guards last off season.

Malcolm Brogdon, in a sign and trade last year, signed a four year, $85 million contract.

I think he was a Suns target.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably except the market inflated the price of point guards last off season.

Malcolm Brogdon, in a sign and trade last year, signed a four year, $85 million contract.

I think he was a Suns target.

I think Brogdan would still get paid even if he were a free agent this off-season but I highly doubt Rubio would have received 17 million a year. Maybe 12, tops. Probably a MLE candidate but the Knicks could've have overpaid him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Brogdan would still get paid even if he were a free agent this off-season but I highly doubt Rubio would have received 17 million a year. Maybe 12, tops. Probably a MLE candidate but the Knicks could've have overpaid him.

The point guard market seemed to be down except for a couple of players like VanVleet and Dragic so this sounds about right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave