Suns Sign E'twaun Moore

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty sure he contract becomes fully guaranteed if they pick it up this year. So it's either cut ties now at no cost or a 2 year commitment. I think it's likely he is gone but if they bring him back they must feel there is something there to develop.

He has a team option for the 21-22 season. He only makes $1.6M this season which is the minimum for a 2nd year player. Unless we need the roster spot, I'd keep him another year to see if he can turn the corner. We can waive him next off-season and not pay him another dime if he doesn't show something.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Moore looks like one of those underrated players who always had a young star someone felt they needed to develop ahead of him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's not just a catch and shoot. He has a great midrange floater game.

He's not much of a ball handler, though, and he definitely can't create for others. I hope everything doesn't just break down into ISO plays when Booker and Paul are out.

Meanwhile, did we use the BAE here? The numbers seem more than the minimum but less than the BAE.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
He's not much of a ball handler, though, and he definitely can't create for others. I hope everything doesn't just break down into ISO plays when Booker and Paul are out.

Meanwhile, did we use the BAE here? The numbers seem more than the minimum but less than the BAE.
It was the vet minimum. For his years of service it comes out to 2.3 and some change. They just rounded up to 2.4 on the reports.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was the vet minimum. For his years of service it comes out to 2.3 and some change. They just rounded up to 2.4 on the reports.

For the vet minimum, that's a heck of a signing, then.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We need another creator on offense. Paul and Booker are the only ones who can create for themselves and others. We haven't solved the clear problem we will have when neither Paul nor Booker is in the game.

Outside of Paul, we didn't add any difference makers this offseason. Consider what we have seen from the LA teams, the Warriors, the Nuggets, the Blazers, the Mavericks and the Pelicans, that is worrisome.
NBA players tweeted how awesome a pick up Crowder is...He actually picked us over the Clips and Mavs...lots of talking heads have us as a playoff team some even say top 5...you act like were still a bottom 3 team. Maybe it's just what you want?

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I never realized that Moore is much of a defender. He is a dangerous 3P-shooter and a solid microwave-scorer.

Very good addition for the vet min. especially with a team option on the 2nd year.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Moore has that Tim Thomas shot, maybe some Tim Thomas magic comes our way this year.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rankin is now saying 2.7 million, which would definitely be more than the Vet Min and would have to be part of the BLE. Hopefully Rankin got the number wrong (he is not the most reliable Suns reporter).

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Rankin is now saying 2.7 million, which would definitely be more than the Vet Min and would have to be part of the BLE. Hopefully Rankin got the number wrong (he is not the most reliable Suns reporter).
It’s 2.4. That’s the vet min for a player who has been in the league as long as he has.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NBA players tweeted how awesome a pick up Crowder is...He actually picked us over the Clips and Mavs...lots of talking heads have us as a playoff team some even say top 5...you act like were still a bottom 3 team. Maybe it's just what you want?

Which NBA players and which talking heads?

If Crowder chose us over the Clippers, then the Clippers got lucky. I would much rather have Ibaka.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Clippers had signed Crowder instead, why wouldn't he have been?

He likely would've went to Brooklyn for their MLE or back to Toronto for more money. He was a pipe dream for us.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You really think Kawhi had that much pull with him in LA?

8 games in the bubble and getting Chris Paul doesn't scrub the last decade of Suns ineptitude from the minds of players around the league. Ibaka had the MLE offer on the table from many teams.

For all we know the Suns may have reached out and were told he wasn't interested so they moved on to Crowder.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You really think Kawhi had that much pull with him in LA?
I think it is likely. I think we also needed a wing more than a big, but I do think Ibaka is the better player.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it is likely. I think we also needed a wing more than a big, but I do think Ibaka is the better player.

We needed a Starting 4 above all else, and it looks like Crowder is going to be it. Ibaka would have been much better in that role. He would have been the perfect fit for this line-up and a perfect mentor for Smith.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is interesting

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave