The Penalty on Dre was BS

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes I get it. Dre should have walked away. The flag was thrown though after the Cards pile moved Dre away then DK Metcalf leaves the sideline area and runs all away around players holding him back. Runs into the pile and then Dre takes a semi punch. But DK should have had the initial penalty!!! He caused it!! Go watch the replay. DK is the instigator and should have been flagged!!! Who has ever seen a player 5-10 seconds after the play is over. Run around players and run into a pile of the other team. And gets no penalty??

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Like my coaches in youth hockey always used to drill into us as players, the officials will ALWAYS see & call the retaliation to something. But the instigator's actions will almost NEVER be called, so as players, we have to skate away. Hard to do? An emphatic yes! (and I rarely skated away, and thus, spent a lot of time in the penalty box! LOL!)

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DK was the retaliator and person who escalated the incident. Kirkpatrick was definitely stupid and guilty of taunting. However, I think it is crazy that DK got off scott free. I was blown away that it was not an offsetting penalty but I should know better when it comes to the refs and Seattle.

OP
OP
C

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DK was the retaliator and person who escalated the incident. Kirkpatrick was definitely stupid and guilty of taunting. However, I think it is crazy that DK got off scott free. I was blown away that it was not an offsetting penalty but I should know better when it comes to the refs and Seattle.
This

OP
OP
C

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was the equivalent of the batter coming out of the box to confront the pitcher and when he got there the pitcher jabbed at him. And the pitcher gets kicked out and the batter doesn’t

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I actually thought it was called correctly. Dre threw a punch while Metcalf only shoved once Dre threw the punch.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I actually thought it was called correctly. Dre threw a punch while Metcalf only shoved once Dre threw the punch.
Yep. Too bad he wasn’t ejected. He stinks and postures too much all of the time. Not a smart player.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A Bungle always gonna be a Bungle guys. This sort of thing is what lampooned their defense every year under Marvin Lewis. This is the culture he built there.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Dre was the vet, DK not that experienced. Inexcusable Dre shows no discipline.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
In the first matchup it surprised me how much he talked while getting beat consistently

This game actually wasn't as noticable, but more of the same

That play was a good example

Lockett beats him on the route, shakes him for a missed tackle - while 20 is on the ground he watches a pair of teammates clean up his mess

Lockett was questionable with a leg injury, they got into his legs and he was slow to get up.... Whatever, that's the game and nothing malicious there

Then 20 comes over and stands over Locketts head when he is on the ground to talk crap

Why?!?

What could he possibly have to say?!?

Just thank you teammates for cleaning up your mess and get off the field

He came real close knocking the official who broke up the talking at that point as well

Just a dumb player

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Yes I get it. Dre should have walked away. The flag was thrown though after the Cards pile moved Dre away then DK Metcalf leaves the sideline area and runs all away around players holding him back. Runs into the pile and then Dre takes a semi punch. But DK should have had the initial penalty!!! He caused it!! Go watch the replay. DK is the instigator and should have been flagged!!! Who has ever seen a player 5-10 seconds after the play is over. Run around players and run into a pile of the other team. And gets no penalty??

Dre acted like an idiot and threw a punch. He's lucky he didn't get tossed out of the game. He also possibly cost us the game with his stupid antics. Can't believe that at this point players still do this s**t knowing it will result in a 15 yard personal foul. If I were his teammate, I'd be pissed to no end.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The worst part about Dre’s penalty was it allowed Seattle to score a TD instead of a field goal. If he doesn’t get the dumb penalty they are up 24-21 at the end of the game assuming they make that kick. So instead of us going for it on 4th and 10 we could have kicked a game tying field goal because we were well within Zane’s range. It was such a selfish play by Dre.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The worst part about Dre’s penalty was it allowed Seattle to score a TD instead of a field goal. If he doesn’t get the dumb penalty they are up 24-21 at the end of the game assuming they make that kick. So instead of us going for it on 4th and 10 we could have kicked a game tying field goal because we were well within Zane’s range. It was such a selfish play by Dre.

Seattle probably goes for it on 4th down but yeah huge momentum swing.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Read somewhere (maybe Twitter?) that Metcalf spit on Dre. Did anyone catch that?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Didn't see anything remotely close to that

Kirkpatrick missed the play, stood over Lockett to talk trash, Metcalf was on that sideline blocking and came in to take exception to a guy trash talking over a down teammate

They jawed a bit

Ref came in to break it up - typically would be over, but Kirkpatrick lost his mind

There has to be field audio, but I don't we'll ever hear it

Kirkpatrick must have said something effective to get DK to jump back in a second time from a pretty long distance away

Maybe one of those that would normally be drowned out in the crowd noise

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This is an example of how a game can be lost because one guy can’t keep his temper. I have never understood the idea of throwing a punch at a guy in pads and a helmet. If you really have an axe to grind because of cheap shots, then go for a guys knees strategically. The Rams and Seahawks seem to have perfected this methodology

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can tell from other games Dre has a huge temper at times.. just my gut, but I have a feeling it was ALL him based on his past and the way it all looked while it was going down. He's the guy that any wide out that has a decent ability to talk trash can easily get into his head and throw him off his game. IMO at least from what I've seen this year.